Isaac Hayes Found Dead

Isaac was a baaaaad man. This has been a weekend not so nice

First Bernie and now Isaac Hayes? Looks like the Man upstairs is organizing a party for the ages. I grew up on this man’s music. My Pop used to bang Shaft, Walk On By and Never Can Say Goodbye. People we gotta get in shape because this is getting crazy. I’m sure Chuck, Cube (the segment before me) and I will all be in a little shock on the show tonight with all this bad news goings on. More will be posted here as this unfortunate story develops. My stomach hurts. Here’s a few of his hits. R.I.P brotha.

Shaft

The Look of Love

Never Can Say Goodbye

Walk On By

Soulville

15 Responses to “Isaac Hayes Found Dead”

1. This has been an unbelievable weekend for the black and entertainment industry. I grew up listening to “I stand Accused”, and “By the Time I get to Phoenix”

2. origin says:

D@mn this has been a horrible weekend. Man Bernie and now Isaac hayes.

RIP brother Isaac.

3. ron glover says:

This is unbelievable, I come on here to comment on Bernie Mac and I find out one of my heroes is gone. One of my favorite photos is the cover for Black Moses. Issac Hayes was the essence of cool, a fearless Black Man that didn’t back down (see Truck Turner).

People talk about how MJ brought dark-skinned bruthas to the forefront. F-That, we were always there Issac Hayes made sure of that.

Rest In Peace my brother.

RIP Issac…no other soundtrack will ever ever ever be better than “Shaft”.

You can never fully brace yourself, but as the old folks say, deaths come in 3s…I’ll try and brace myself anyway.

5. sydney says:

RIP isaac Hayes my condonances goes out to his family and I wanted to say that we will stand with them until the end.

6. Isaac Hayes Dead At 65….

BREAKING NEWS

Celebrity deaths tend to come in threes. Yesterday I told you about Bernie Mac, today it’s Isaac Hayes. Who’s next?

…at approximately 1pm Central Time, Shelby County (Memphis) Sheriff’s department received a c…

7. Stephanie says:

I have to say this is the man who started disco! He was also responsible for the full length album and the orchestral albums that Barry Whitewould follow and the rap that rap would follow.

He is an innovator and a generator of soul music and the first successful black soundtrack to win a Grammy. Isaac Hayes you will never be forgotten. RIP

8. mkrob.com says:

First Mac now Hayes, what’s really going on??? R.I.P. Ike Hayes

Spoke to my Pop earlier and he loved Hot Buttered Soul and specifically By the Time I Get To Phoenix. About to go on Chuck’s show and AG, Chuck started off by playing I Stand Accused in tribute. He said Public Enemy opened up for Black Moses in Africa. I should have the link by tomorrow.Thanks Isaac Hayes for influencing A Nation of Millions…

10. Eric Daniels says:

Man this is getting depressing, Issac Hayes and Bernie Mac dead, Rush Limbaugh, Bob and Niger Innis, Sean Hannity and Patrick Buchanan still alive, those dudes must have made a great deal with the devil in exchange for their souls. Another one of our gifted giants dead God must really need Mac and Hayes.

Once again, so sad. Issac will also be missed. This is just terrrible. Life just won’t be the same without him and Bernie.

12. Teedee says:

Shock and disbelief. This is getting really depressing with the death of two gifted giants. RIP Bernie and Ike. You’re both gone but never forgotten.

13. wardah says:

I love Iassa Hayes Its so hard for me right now because he not here I grew up with him and his music I found myself watching him on internet and sad at the sametime but Iwas glad to see him when he came to pgh It hurt me to see him this is the truth when he went away my brother did to because I could see my brorher in him he look just like him I mss my brother and Isaac Hayes but I have his music,his voice, and what he have given me a good man am sorry but I had to talk to someone thank you for listering wardah

14. Pete Proud says:

I found your site while browsing on google you have some great images here! I’ve just added you to my yahoo rss Reader. Just wanted to say” keep up the good work” and congrats on a job well done! I am looking forward to reading more from you in the future. maybe we can swap links sometime?

15. johnnie says:

Issac was an Icon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!