The Cat Who Called Dikembe a Monkey During a Game Is Back

Remember a couple of years back when Dikembe almost went ballistic during a game because of a fan called him a monkey during a game? This was around the time Antonio Davis went into the stands–aiding of his wife and also around the time Ron Artest did his thing in Detroit. The media was quick to criticize Dik because of his response and the fan, Hooman Hamzehloui, somehow escaped mass scrutiny. Our friend Delinda Lombardo of Athlebrities recently became incensed after reading a Hooman marketing piece written by Mike Bianchi–posted in the Orlando Sentinel–and responded on her site.

Well the Hooman cat hit her up and challenged her to “become a better person” through his coaching. Dig the comments that ensue. Dude seems a little throwed off to say the least. I couldn’t believe blogs and such were coming to this cat’s aid even though Dikembe maintained his composure in what could have been a very ugly situation for the NBA. People will do anything for some shine huh?

6 Responses to “The Cat Who Called Dikembe a Monkey During a Game Is Back”

1. TC says:

Some people just born with silver spoons in their mouths. Damn. And please don’t gimme that “I came to the US when I was a kid” BS. I also came to the US when I was a kid, from Britain, and learned after that the demeaning meaning of the word monkey with regard to African-Americans. If you’re wealthy enough to make all the money he obviously has, you at least have some knowledge of the negative connotation of that term with regard to black folks. Not that money equals brains by any stretch…but that’s a really sorry-ass excuse.

WTF?????

3. origin says:

Good points TC. Good to see you back man its been a long time.

4. Jordi says:

Mizzo,

Being relatively close to Orlando, I wrote about Mr. Hamzehloui both in 2006 and last week on my site. He sent me a very similar comment. Unlike Delinda however, I ignored his challenge. Since I’m not a big fan of posting URLs in comments, I’ll email you the links.

Heh…I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to saying there is no reason to doubt this guy’s sincerity…well, actually, he probably IS very sincere….but being sincere doesn’t mean you “get it”…its just means you think you do. I went to his website and checked it out along with his blogs. He doesn’t “get it” as far as what happened with Dikembe. In fact I’m not exactly sure what he does get from what I read. Its all over the place about various topics but sadly, racism – its meaning, effects, consequences – is not one of those topics. Interesting.

6. TC says:

Origin – nice to “see” you too. Wish I had more time to track all the doings on all the websites I enjoy. Hope you and Miranda and all the regulars here are doin’ OK. Peoples’ spirits sound good. Personally, taking self-actualization advice from this guy sounds like George W. Bush opening a leadership institute in the future. I mean, even if you DO have good advice, after saying what you said, why would anyone voluntarily take your advice. High oil prices mean decreasing auto sales cough cough.