The Eagles offense took a huge blow when coach Andy Reid revealed that wide receiver Kevin Curtis suffered a sports hernia injury in last Thursday’s game against the Carolina Panthers.

Kevin Curtis is scheduled for surgery tomorrow and is expected to miss an undetermined amount of time.

In 2005, Donovan McNabb suffered a similar injury and missed the final 7 games of the season.

Curtis’ counterpart Reggie Brown is out with a hamstring injury. Reid has gone on record as saying that he is not interested in bringing in another receiver at this time.

My suggestion: Trade one of the two 2009 first round picks and/or Lito Sheppard for disgruntled Arizona Cardinals receiver Anquan Boldin.

In a season where Donovan McNabb’s job is literally on the line, Andy Reid had better get something done which means making the Cardinals an offer they can’t refuse.

Or turn in your GM hat Andy.

25 Responses to “Breaking News: Eagles Wideout Kevin Curtis Suffers Sports Hernia Injury Out Indefinitely”

Kevin has been a good addition to the Eagles receiving core. The passing game will miss him until he returns.

You read my mind bruh. They better go get Anquan. Sometimes things happen for a reason. This is too uncanny. Almost along the likes of Elton Brand ending up here.

Pull the trigger!

3. thebrotherreport says:

There is no guarantee Reggie Brown is going to be 100% when he returns and just like last season he hasn’t showed me anything to convince me that he’s a #1 receiver.

I just hope they don’t use D Jax too much and get him killed.

TBR,

LOL! You know how the Eagles do. According to them they don’t need a no. 1 to be successful.

5. Boney says:

I’d like to see Boldin in Philly… he’s on my fantasy team

might want to swap out the pic of Bryant Johnson though..

You can likely get Boldin for a 1st and a 3rd or 4th. Whatever it is, it’s worth it.

6. thebrotherreport says:

They have to throw the kitchen sink at the Cardinals.

It may not be Boldin, It could still be Roy Williams, whoever comes off cheaper.

Remember it’s Philadelphia.

Boldin’s my guy. Always liked him as a player (even as a QB in spot duty at Florida State). I hope he doesn’t go to the Eagles, but if he does —- oh, boy.

I can see why the Eagles would be wary of Boldin. He plays a punishing style, he’s been injured several times before (I think…once in college, once in AZ). He’s not going to stop going over the middle. He’s still going to beat up on DBs in the run game. So, he’s a great player, but he is less than optimal if you want to cautious with what the franchise chooses to give away.

With that said, if he wanted to come to Pittsburgh, I’d load up the bus with expendable dudes and roll out the red carpet.

8. thebrotherreport says:

You guys are cool with Ward, Holmes and Sweed.

I feel like Big Ben is going to quietly have a monster season.

9. Boney says:

I don’t think Roy Williams is going to go anywhere. Detroit will likely tag him this offseason, and try to keep both him and Megatron in the mix.

10. Allen says:

Donovan can’t catch a break. They need to beat the Bengals out for signing Chris Henry.

Dang…who’s putting roots on all these receivers in the NFL?

12. BeinMiceElf says:

Sad news about Gene Upshaw dying…. He was the first great lineman I remember learning about 30-some years ago… him, Art Shell, and John Hannah.

It sucks when the guys on my first few football cards go down. Whatever issues Upshaw had with the NFLPA, I’ll always remember him for the NFL Films slow-mo of him and Shell pulling down the line against the Vikings in the Super Bowl….

Sad news….

What???? Gene Upshaw died? I did not know that…..that is sad. I didn’t watch any tv yesterday when I got home so i missed that.

I apologize….He died this morning.

15. BeinMiceElf says:

It hit the wire early, but no one confirmed for a while. Boomer Esiason announced on air at WFAN in NYC, then the NFL put it up on their website. Apparently, he never told anyone he was sick. As of 8:30 a.m., it’s still a slow-moving story.

Obviously, all of that is irrelevant. I’m just passing along info.

It’s been a while since I remembered how good those Raiders were three decades ago. Upshaw, Shell, Sistrunk, Stabler, Branch, Belitnekoff (sp?), Banaczak, Van Egan, Casper….. that was a squad for your ass…..

What is going on with all these people passing on?

Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs Jones was a remarkable person. I had a chance to meet and speak with her at length a couple of years back and she definitely influenced me to action.

I hear you BME on Upshaw. He was one of my first few cards well. Wow you brought up Otis Sistrunk. Haven’t heard that name in a while.

RIP Gene. Ron Glover is about to post the news since he’s our NFL guy.

17. [...] Over in Philadelphia, the receiver-corps-strapped Eagles have lost their leading receiver from last season, Kevin Curtis, for at least the start of the regular season. Curtis will have [...]

18. thebrotherreport says:

I was just reading about Stephanie Tubbs Jones this morning.

Unbelievable!

19. Diallo says:

Why does Andy Reid hate Donovan so much? They have one playmaker on offense, no receivers, and Reid refuses to do anything about it. Does he think every offensive acquisition is gonna turn out like TO? I don’t even like the Eagles, but Reid is on some stupid shit.

20. thebrotherreport says:

Diallo – Part of me wants to believe that Reid is blowing smoke but this is a no brainer. It’s like having frostbite and saying, “I don’t need any gloves.”

I know better than to think that they would bring in Boldin (another Rosenhaus receiver) I want the guy but they’ll go the soft route.

This reminds me of the season they brought in Levon Kirkland, he was cut late by the Steelers and the Birds picked him up.

I can see them waiting to see which quasi-big name falls from that tree. (Hint*Devery Henderson)

21. The Eagles can go over Joe Horn, and at least they will have a good WR to replace Curtis. I can’t believe that the Eagles don’t want to go after a wide out? What’s the logic in that?

22. thebrotherreport says:

Horn has been lobbying to come here. I’m not against it, but if Brown isn’t ready by the season opener they’re in more trouble.

At this point I’ve got more faith in DeSean Jackson than I do Greg Lewis, Hank Baskett or Jason Avant.

In my heart of hearts, I would only bring in Horn if I could get Boldin or another proven receiver. He’s 36 and you can’t overwork him at this stage of his career. He would be a great 2 or 3 but to bring him in here and virtually be the primary guy, I wouldn’t do it. The dropoff after him is too great.

But if I had to I could go with Horn, Brown and Jackson, but that 4th guy has to step up.

Mike Lombardi over at CNNSI said that Bill Walsh told him once that only eight teams really play for the title every season. The Eagles need to be one of those teams and just pay what’s needed even over-pay to get a proven wideout like Boldin. Give up Lito because he wants out, part with one of those draft picks, and then sign Boldin to a fat contract extension. The time to be prudent has passed because Donny Mac has only so much left and he NEEDS to be surrounded by top-flight weapons. No dis to the current WR corps but they weren’t going to cut it with a healthy Curtis or Brown because Troy Aikman said it best last season, the Eagles only have second and third level wideouts but there’s no one on the outside

(cont.) opposing defenses fear. Time to rectify that again and if it means making another deal with Drew Rosenhaus then so be it.

Hell, they wouldn’t even be in this situation if they’d just had re-signed Donte’ Stallworth. I’m going to be salty about that one for a long while.

25. Yea unfortunately it takes an Cowboy to say it best for us Eagles fans. It is so evident that McNabb can make any receiver better, ala Kevin Curtis 2007. We all saw how good the connection was between TO and McNabb, monster Pro Bowl seasons for both players. Let’s see what can happen if the Eagles can get a legit #1 WR. Take your best shot at Arizona to at least show the fans you are trying to get McNabb a receiver.