Hillary Clinton Does Her Job

“Were you in it just for me?” Big words from Hillary that might loom large.

Cautiously optimistic, but I have to give it to Hillary Clinton for unifying the party–at least for last night–with a great speech, but the question still remains if her supporters will vote for Barack.

There’s too much of this that seems to be about the Clintons. What’s up with that?

Going in, I wondered if she was going to give any words of tribute regarding the recent passing of Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs Jones, and she did. Stephanie did so much for her campaign and Hillary mentioning her friend was personal.

She’s still done to me because of the Bobby Kennedy assassination references. I can’t look past what some trivialize as dirty politics.

I don’t know why she felt it was necessary to call John McCain a friend because that was not good for Barack. In different of that, Hillary seemed to say all the right things Barack needed to hear and maybe is the surrogate Barack needs as November approaches to get this thing done.

There were many key words in the speech below that should help influence her followers to support Barack in November.

This is a fickle country but if the election was right now, maybe Barack wins, but John McCain still has an at bat left next week.

I wonder if Barack wrote her words because that seemed like a full endorsement of Barack Obama–which was surprising.

When Hillary spoke, I got a sense her supporters were upset she didn’t win the nomination. There seemed to be a lot of her supporters who wanted to see a woman win a presidential election during their lifetime. I understand why they have reason to be upset and there will undoubtedly be a backlash against Barack. If Barack wins and doesn’t have a good four years, the nomination is hers simply based on her speech. Unless Joe Biden hits a homer as well, there will be those who will always wonder why Hillary Clinton isn’t on this ticket.

This is what Barack is going to face. It could doom him in November.

What type of impact will Joe Biden have when he speaks tonight?

Slick Willie is speaking tonight as well. He could possibly lock it up for Barack. Did you see him mouth “I love you. I love you now and forever” while Hillary spoke?

Pimp.

18 Responses to “Hillary Clinton Does Her Job”

I’ve seen some of her supporters that refuse to accept her defeat. Many of these people are NUTS! There is nothing anyone can do to convince these idiots to support the democratic nominee Obama. If they said they weren’t going to vote at all, I would respect them. To say that they would vote for MCcain who shares none of their views is insane. Thus manking them insane.

2. thebrotherreport says:

There’s too much time, til November for all of this too sink in the heads of Clinton’s supporters.

Which could work in or out of the favor of Obama

Mizzo:

I’m glad you caught that pimp move for exactly what it was…that’s why Hillary didn’t introduce herself as a wife. She introduced herself as a mother, as a senator, as a American, as a Democrat and just about everything under the sun — but not a wife, not as a chick working the track to bring that money back to daddy.

The Spin Doctors are already asserting that her speech was not tantamount to a personal endorsement of BHO. Still, she did say that he was her choice for POTUS and that he needed to win. She said it, but you have to question her sincerity.

What was she supposed to say?

Can anyone that close to the ultimate position of Visible Power actually abandon that desire so quickly? Not likely. Her situation, in some respects, is comparable to the San Diego Chargers.

The Chargers have been on a very good run for a number of years. If they don’t get over the hump, they’ll go down in history as one of the best teams to never win a Super Bowl. They’ve put all the pieces in place. They’ve moved pieces (very good pieces like Drew Brees and others). They’ve beaten good teams at home and on the road. They’ve dominated the regular season and struggled in the regular season. They’ve done damn near everything required — except get over the hump. It’s alot like Hillary. She’s plotted and planned, caressed and cajoled, cussed and kicked, cried and lied — and everything in between.

It still wasn’t enough. Maybe Barack is like the New York Giants – coming out of nowhere to knock off the Heir Apparent…you know the team that said, “We’ll take Eli.” Maybe Camp Hillary parted with a few too many advisors and ceded too much to an invisible competitor. When the spotlight moved from sunny California to the damp Meadowlands, the Giants were ready for their opportunity. At the most critical time, San Diego (like Hillary) was asleep at the wheel.

4. rashad says:

I still think it’ll haunt Obama that he didn’t put Hillary on the ticket. Those 30% percenters who may or may not migrate to McCain would come in handy in a close election. Its like hiring Larry Brown. Sure he’s an annoying diva, but you can’t argue with his results..except in New York

5. Co Co says:

Throughout most of the speech I felt like she was still campaigning for herself, but like you said she did what she had to do. It didn’t seem all that sincere, but it is what it is.

Rashad:

Out of curiousity, I have to ask: Given that Obama already has many, many former Clinton supporters in his fold (not the least of whom is foreign policy advisor Susan Rice), how do you imagine he’d actually manage a presidency with Hillary and Bill Clinton in the White House on a daily basis?

Thanks.

7. thebrotherreport says:

I share your thoughts Co Co.

Damn I didn’t know you could snore at the wheel with a gangsta lean…

I echo your words Temple. Great comment.

9. I know people want to have a reason to vote for a candidate, but I’ve never understood the “Hillary = experience” argument — she’s been a senator for one full term longer than Obama, and I’ve never bought that being First Lady means political experience (referring to the video clip.)

T3′s comment nailed it spot on. I don’t know what more Hillary could have done — former presidential rivals have not been as forcefully for the candidate as Hillary was, see Ted Kennedy in 1980 or Ronald Reagan in 1976.

I just do not know what makes the voters so in the corner of Hillary they’re willing to not vote when plenty of important issues that can be determined by the bully pulpit of the presidency are up for grabs. I was an Obama supporter as soon as Edwards was out (good thing, too), but if Clinton had won the nomination, I’d have voted for her happily because she wasn’t John McCain.

10. vleeflo says:

Can someone please tell me what experience you should have in order to be POTUS? Governor of a state is much different than being president. Senator is not the same as president. Experience because your husband was president or your father was president. George Bush didn’t have any war experience when he went into Iraq or Afghanistan. Did Texas have a war with New Mexico that I don’t know about? What then is this experience bullshit that I keep hearing? Can someone please explain it to me? What experience do you need and then why isn’t that a requirement to run in the first place? I am not a strong supporter of either candidate, but I am sick of hearing this experience argument against Obama.

I agree with CoCo

Michelle (and everybody else too), here is “Mammy Syndrome” at its finest:

STN – that’s a good point about the First Lady issue. Even if Michelle Obama had already been a Senator, I’m not sure folks would think she’s going to be Presidential in 2012.

13. Arlene Forbes says:

And the Oscar goes to the writer of the that cleverly crafted speech Billary gave last night! Here are a few lines and my thoughts:

1. I live in Minneapolis so, the line “John McCain will be with Bush in the Twin Cities next week. It’ll be really hard to tell them apart.” 3 words: Hill-ar-ious!

2. Oh yes she did go there with Sis Harriet Tubman’s “Keep Going” “If you hear the dogs, keep gong! If they’re shouting after you, keep going. Don’t ever stop, keep going. (even if you hear the Popo coming, keep going!) Billary’s was holding church all up in that DNC! Black folks, I’m with you! me and slickWilly haven’t forsaken ya! remember us both in 2012 when I run for prez again! Did any of those supposedly 18 million folks get the power of those lines? Spiritual Freedom is hard one, and no one person or government entity can deliver us that.

3. “Where you in it just for me?” while holding her breath the whole time thinking, yes, of course it’s all about me, and don’t you forget it. but for now, vote for BHO, so slick and I can save face and our asses in this party.

4. For me, Billary didn’t deliver anything last night. If she’d have taken a page from Ted Kennedy’s play book on Monday night and graciously passed the torch on to Barack Tuesday, June 3 in a true concession speech, she’d have knocked it out of the proverbial Democratic ball park.

The clintons play 24 hour chess games, and are always looking for the next big move. The media will be waiting with bated breath to help blow them up and make them think they have the power. Like she said last night in the speech, “We democratics don’t give up.” Ole Billary’s going to “Keep Going.”

Peace out,
    Arlene (Aware) Forbes

Arlene Forbes,

I’m really beginning to like you around thses parts. Please keep coming back to visit us here at TSF.

That’s these parts. LOL!

I’m moved to tears. OBAMA, OBAMA. OBAMA!!!!

Michelle,
    Tears……..

18. Rashad says:

Temple3,
    I don’t have the answer to that question at all. I was strictly speaking from a strategy standpoint, and as we both know its water under the bridge at this point