OJ Simpson: The Minstrel’s Final Show

My dad used to say that, “You don’t believe that sh*t stinks until your nose is in it.” In the case of O.J. Simpson, he’s up to his neck in it once more.

Double Jeopardy means that a man cannot be judged for the same crime twice. But don’t tell me that those twelve jurors don’t have that murder acquittal on their minds.

Could “The Juice” may be let loose again?

O.J. Simpson was an iconic sports figure in the 1970′s. Off the top of my head, I can only come up with three other Black athletes to share that claim; the greater being Muhammad Ali, the equal or lesser being Julius Erving and Reggie Jackson. But it was Simpson who was given the “thumbs up” by White America allowing him to transcend racial barriers.

The more O.J. transcended, the more colorless he became. Juice wasn’t running for cars in those HERTZ commercials, he was running from the trials and tribulations he overcame as a youth in the San Francisco ghetto . O.J. Simpson was running from his darkness into their so-called light.

The light was an oncoming train.

Juice was the “token” that White America used to keep Blacks quiet in a nation fresh off of the Civil Rights Movement.

While the country remained divided on Muhammad Ali even after the Viet-Nam conflict, Reggie Jackson was too outspoken for the masses and Doctor J. was more of a highlight reel in a league that was on its last legs.

So Juice was their boy, their golden goose, until he allegedly murdered his second wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her male friend Ronald Goldman, both of whom were White.

I personally have no problem with bi-racial marriages or relationships; whatever works for you. However many Whites have a problem simply because they feel as though it’s beneath them to associate with us of a darker hue. While Blacks like Simpson suffer from a self-hatred of themselves yet to be addressed, some think going White is going to make it alright.

O.J.’s marriage to Nicole Brown, giving her father a stake in his business all while shunning the Black community and anyone trying to pull his coattail to that cause, most notably Jim Brown, played out like a minstrel show as Simpson shucked and jived his way right out of Black consciousness.

Even as we prayed, some of us against better judgment that Mantan would be spared massa’s whip, his involvement didn’t matter, we just didn’t want another brutha put away, even then we saw him as one of us, for that time anyway. As he walked out of that courtroom a free man, he knew he didn’t win because he was Black, the color that got him off was green, and that would be where he would pledge his allegiance.

In the years since the trial, Juice has walked the earth like a man that has and knows no law. I’m not sure if the acquittal has given him a sense of invincibility or a death wish.

His failure to keep a low profile may cost him his freedom. He faces life in prison on charges from an attempted robbery in Las Vegas. One thing is certain this go ’round, he can look to his left and to his right and see one common denominator on both sides.

No one’s there. No marching, no protests, no one standing in Sears on their lunch hour awaiting your fate.

Today, Orenthal James Simpson is an empty shell of a man once respected by his race for “Makin’ it.”  He is now a prodigal son with a one way ticket.  Juice pump faked us out of our shoes. He never gave back and he damn sure didn’t look back. And with and all White jury in his latest trial, the only items missing are a rope, a tree and 12 white sheets.

I hate to say this but I liken O.J. to a roach. Blacks and Whites see roaches differently. Blacks that grew up with roaches ignore them and accept them being there after awhile. While Whites will step on them, they may not get them on the first try, but eventually it will get stepped on.

28 Responses to “OJ Simpson: The Minstrel’s Final Show”

1. DavidMac says:

@thebrotherreport

Speak for yourself, if you grew up with roaches and your parents cared so little about your home that you ignored them, so be it. That is not universal black behavior or experience.

That is your problem, you want to group all blacks like we are all the same, like we all have the same culture, experiences, world views, and mindset; when in fact we do not.

OJ Simpson is not different than Robert Blake. He is a rich guy that got off. Personally I think OJ is innocent of Nicole’s murder and I really think the case against him in Las Vegas has no legs, we shall see though.

He is not embarassment to me, he is an embarassment to his kids and family though, because that is who he represents, not a race.

2. Matthew Fudge says:

There is really no need to give this fake Negro any time or mental energy. He’s acting like someone who knows he’s going to hell, which removes any sense of a conscience from his soul.

3. thebrotherreport says:

First of all Cockroach, I didn’t grow up with roaches. Growing up without knowledge of self isn’t the universal Black experience either.

And as far as grouping, you’re in the same class as this fake ass clown.

4. Eric Daniels says:

I have to agree thebrotherreport about Simpson that he wants White Amerika’s love so much he will humilate himself to be privileged again or colorless. Ralph Wiley was right when he wrote that Simpson wanted to be privileged in a way that only White Amerikkka can bestow upon him and that is as an “honoray white” where they loved him before June of 1994. O.J. Simpson will go to jail and for that I have very little sympathy because he should left have the states and took his children with him because he either had to live a black lifestyle and he spent the great majority of his life except on the playing field.

5. origin says:

Eric says

“should left have the states and took his children with him”

Couldn’t agree more, white folks been wanting to get this dude since he was found not guilty.

Fool should have pulled a michael Jackson and left the country. I still say if bonds gets off he needs to leave the country too.

Anyway great read thebrotherreport and so tru eon every level.

6. Rashad says:

Do you know what is truly sad about this? That Mr. Wiley isn’t around to eloquently slam Mr. Simpson for a second time.

7. clowntooth says:

damn if those gloves don’t fit…

“And with an all White jury in his latest trial, the only items missing are a rope, a tree and 12 white sheets.”

That statement pretty much sums it up for me. :-)

9. thebrotherreport says:

Rashad – I said the same thing to Mizzo yesterday.

Mr.Wiley went as far to say that “O.J. Simpson made Steppin Fetchit look like Malcolm X.”

10. DavidMac says:

You all cry about steppin fetchit and public lynchings, that is all you are doing to OJ. Publicly lynching him because he doesn’t tow the line that you all feel should be towed. Berating the man for living his life on his terms and not trying to be a ridiculous radical like Jim Brown and the rest.

2 things.

1) O.J. did leave California with his kids, he moved to Florida, so what are you guys talking about when you say he should have left the state. Lets also not forget that this crime happend in Neveda.

2) All white people do not hate OJ and all white people are not inherently racist, just like all blacks are not racists like you all, having an all white jury doesn’t mean he will get sentenced, no more than having an all black jury means he will get off scott free.

On closing note, thebrotherreport, if you don’t believe that all blacks grow up with roaches, you might want to rephrase your article to better express your idea. As it stands, it appears you are trying to say all blacks are comfortable with roaches and ignore them. I would also advise you that I know who I am, I am an individual, it would serve you well to think of yourself as an individual as well and not a cog in a machine.

TBR – you buggin’ on that roach shit. Stomp, squish, kill!!! LOL.

Fuck Juice. He does, however, have a diagnosable mental disorder (shared by DMAC, Condomsleeza, etc.) for which lobotomy is the only cure. Scalpel??

12. thebrotherreport says:

Temple that was the best analogy I could think of.

13. thebrotherreport says:

Personally DavidMac it doesn’t matter to me who you are, what you claim to be or what you represent. None of it affects me or my life.

14. Eric Daniels says:

David Mac I did’nt respond to you because you act like a person who needs to have the last word when I told you this was my last post to you because you are stupid,intellectually dishonest and contribute nothing but straw man arguments. I was referring to you in the second person in my posts and you don’t seem to get that because you love being the center of attention like a Drag Queen at Fire Island during Wigstock.

Mizzo said it best the only reason you are on here is because he doesn’t want to be accused of being biased toward pussy conservatives of all races like yourself who are racially paranoid whenever there’s a black site that subscribe to your world view of “America My Country Right or Wrong”. Frankly you are stupid to be even a reasoned conservative and I would have banned your lame white defending/black bashing ass a long time ago,but you do serve a useful purpose to show how utterly clueless and dogmatic that you even scare my conservative friends.

Hey David Mac, What’s The Ugliest Part Of Your Body?

Is TSF really trying to be fair and balanced by granting license to an anti-Black moron??? What is the VALUE in that? Being perceived as “fair-skinned” “open-legged”?

Is this not a partisan forum open to honest argument? Is that not enough? Must all channels to opened to the dregs of the sphere? Entertain the devil at home at your own peril.

I find the whole thing interesting.

T3 this is about open thought. I don’t grant him license for anything but to speak his thoughts.

Sure, the majority of us don’t agree on everything, but what would you suggest I do for those who don’t agree with anything?

Yeah, Kwaku, Boney and DMac are simple minded. They speak with primitive programmed minds aimed at decaying the advancement of thought we normally have here.

Anything that rubs them the wrong way they want to fight because they aren’t equipped to handle the kilobytes.

They want us to take 4 steps back which clouds the original 2 steps forward into a frustrating mass of hate and demonic stench that becomes so counterproductive to the original thought that its premise is lost.

I want us to get past dealing with these cats but we ain’t there yet.

See them for what they are people.

17. DavidMac says:

@Thebrotherreport

Click the link if it shows up TBR, you need to read it. It is an excellent article written by Thomas Sowell. It shows the terrible fallacy you are living under.

18. thebrotherreport says:

I don’t have a problem with anything that he said.

19. TheLastPoet says:

Mizzo,

I’ve been reading/lurking without comment ever since you allowed that Jolly Nigger back on the fiber optics, but since it has come up now, I might as well speak my peace.

In short, Temple/Okori/Eric Daniels/TBR/Miranda etc. are all right. I welcome honest debate with anyone. But DavidMac is a drama queen. One can always tell what posts he’s commented on because there will be 80 comments total, and half of them will be DavidMac arguing with other people for no other apparent reason than to see his name online next to some shit he pulled out of a horse’s ass that he’s trying to pass off as logic or a coherent argument. His drive to be the center of attention here consistently drives everyone off course and makes honest, intelligent dialogue impossible. Any discussion in which he’s left a comment and any attempt to open a dialogue with him becomes an exercise in complete futility.

I told you before and I’m telling you again – for the last time: I’ll continue to read your site from time to time, but this will absolutely be my last comment here. Mixing words at the same place where someone like DavidMac is allowed to “contribute” is something I cannot countenance. In the immortal words of Josh Howard, “I don’t do that shit. I’m Black.”

Translation: I refuse to share the same space with anyone so clearly anti-Black, or as Chuck D said famously, someone so disillusioned, his “Black hands [could - and would] squeeze on Malcolm X the man…” His very presence is a blight upon my soul because it was niggers with his type of mentality that could, would, and did take the life of visionaries and others who at one time proffered real answers to questions we are all still struggling with! You know a man’s got to look after his own soul, and I’m telling you, when I think of all we’ve lost, all we’ve forgotten, and all we’ll never know – thanks to the likes of Davidmac and his minions – my own spirit becomes soiled every time words fly out of that swine’s mouth.

Bottom line: some folks are well beyond a good talkin to, but rather an ass whuppin is what they need. So neither will I talk to him nor find myself in any place where he’s allowed to speak. It’s for mental health reasons, hope you understand. Really, I’d hoped you’d listen to your regulars, but if that’s not going to happen, then I gotta “be peace,” as you like to say.

So good luck to you, I promise to check in from time to time.

DMac the people have spoken. Gotta go, gotta go! Be Peace!

OJ is a fool! Who cares!

22. Matthew Fudge says:

Once again, why are you guys giving O.J. so much burn?! Let it go!! Let’s support him in his search for the real killers. LOL

23. Scotty says:

Mizzo, if you can’t take DavidMac out to the woodshed for a savage beatdown, can you at least ban him from commenting here???? Honestly, I’m a true red state conservative McCain supporter, but I love this site because it challenges me to look at issues in a way that I would normally never would. Keep up the excellent work and I look forward to debating throughout the election/football season.

P.S. Props to you for picking my C’s to win it all last year. From game one, those guys were on a mission. 08-09 is looking good so far, as long as PP doesn’t spend too much time at the Venetian….

Scotty long time no see. We gotta do something about your party affiliation bruh ;)

He and two other trolls are gone after regulars objected to them diluting the great conversations we have daily here.

The C’s were an obvious choice. I argued with writers the entire season over something I thought was a foregone conclusion. After I personally saw how focused Big Three were after this game, I knew it.

Thanks for checkin’ in.

25. JDubb says:

“Let’s see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who’s standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours”
    I don’t like to use movie quotes but this actually fits. I have been reading this site for quite a while and what I really admired in the beginning was that anyone can express themselves without the heated backlashes.
    Things are different. When someone does not agree with the majority here the backlash towards those in disagreement has went to another level. I don’t always agree with DMac and sometimes his views are to the left center of mine but as long as he isn’t making death threats like that ..his views should be respected. There is this cliquish behavior here sometimes , reminds me of a BP forumn group. I am disappointed really. when I have my friends telling me that this spot is no different than any other sports blog it’s disappointing. This place should be different, the vision is different here. The total bashing of a person and not his comments or views makes this place no different that just my 2 cents

JDubb, if you search DMac’s name in the comments you will see a lot of outlandish bs. He’s been banned here what three times? There was a time where he was openly commenting about shooting people. I’m sorry you don’t agree, but I can’t have that here. Read the rules of discourse.

27. [...] America was on to his act a long time ago, despite a moment of weakness when everyone else finally caught [...]