NFL Recap: Week 8

Ron Glover’s Player of the Week, Ted Ginn Jr.

Ted Ginn Jr. of the Miami Dolphins pulled in seven catches for 175 yards as the Miami Dolphins knocked off the Buffalo Bills 25-16 in the Week 8 Predictions Upset Special.

The Cowboys were able to get back into the win column yesterday as was the rest of the NFC East.

Seahawks 34 – Niners 13:

Head coach Mike Singletary made his presence felt yesterday by benching J.T. O’Sullivan late in the first half and pulling Vernon Davis after a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Giants 21 – Steelers 14:

The absence of Santonio Holmes was huge. The Giants defense forced four interceptions, Mathias Kiwanuka notched three of the Giants five sacks.

Texans 35 – Bengals 6:

Texans receiver Andre Johnson is putting up numbers (11/143) similar to what his counterpart Chad Johnson is used to.

Browns 23 – Bengals 17:

The Browns are now in the mix of about seven or eight teams who will be fighting for two playoff spots coming down the stretch.

Eagles 27 - Falcons 14:

I would hate to think of what may have happened if the Falcons had a timeout to review that “muffed” punt late in the game.

New York Jets 28 – Chiefs 24:

I guess for the next week we’ll have to hear about how Brett Favre’s fourth quarter heroics saved Gotham’s Jets from doom.

Saints 37 – Chargers 32:

Drew Brees gets revenge on his former team to the tune of 339 yards and three touchdowns.

Patriots 23 – Rams 16:

Randy Moss and Wes Welker combined for 14 catches for 179 yards. The Rams hung around well into the fourth quarter.

Dolphins 25 – Bills 16:

The Bills blew it in the fourth quarter by committing three turnovers and giving up a safety on consecutive drives.

Redskins 25 - Lions 17:

Jason Campbell snapped out of whatever funk he was in to have a great game yesterday. Clinton Portis and Santana Moss played huge roles in the victory.

Cowboys 13 – Bucs 9:

The Cowboys were able to grind out a much needed win over a Bucs team that was unable to do anything on the ground.

Panthers 27 – Cardinals 23:

Two second half Cardinals turnovers were the difference in one of the best games of the day.

Ravens 29 - Raiders 10:

Quarterback Joe Flacco threw for a touchdown and rushed for another while the defense, shut down the Oakland running game (47 yds).

17 Responses to “NFL Recap: Week 8”

I was going to post something on Mike Singletary. That move was boss. I like Vernon Davis a lot. Will probably interview him for the site. I was very impressed with his public reaction. Show a lot of class. Dude was raised right.

Arizona is a scary team as well. To do what they did essentially playing an NFL game at 10:00 in the morning is crazy. The last 9 teams making that trip have lost…and the Cards lost barely.

3. thebrotherreport says:

The Cards come here Thanksgiving Night and they’ll play the Eagles tough like they always do. I remember when I was a kid and they were still in St. Louis, they crushed the Eagles 38-0.

Had me cryin real hard.

You too huh? Thanks for reminding me bruh…

5. thebrotherreport says:

LOL.

Mizzo, I can’t tell you how nervous I am about tonight.

You know I’m a Yankee fan, so I can’t relate but I’ll definitely be in the middle of that parade with my camera and mic documenting the vibe. Good luck bruh.

7. thebrotherreport says:

Thanks, I’m just not tryin to get too worked up. I’ve seen stranger things happen.

But I can’t see this team losing three straight.

You knock on that wood bruh? Do that.

9. thebrotherreport says:

I’m ready to eat a chunk, but I know the splinters may be too much to take later on.

10. thebrotherreport says:

Twenty-Five years of heartbreak will do that to you.

Don’t let me interrupt.

Baseball – yeccch!!!

In all seriousness, best of luck to the Phils. Stranger things have happened. The Yankees had the Tigers by the short and curlies (and they were pullin’ hard), then it RAINED. Tigers got a reprieve and pulled out the series.

I see that the Harbaugh’s read this blog (kidding). I mentioned that it would be great to see Vick in the Wildcat at QB and this week, Troy Smith completed a sweet pass to Flacco down the sideline.

The first guy that can dig up or interview MEAC and SWAC coaches from the 60′s is going to make a mint. Those guys encountered this issue that the NFL is facing four decades ago — big, fast defensive players that overwhelmed traditional schemes.

Lived a good portion of my life in Philly but I’m a big-time Braves fan. That being said, I’ll be rooting for the Phils tonight because I wanna see the city put the championship drought to rest but not for those obnoxious fans who’ll spit on their hometeams as quick as cheer them.

Dry off Phils and pull this thing out tomorrow.

Holmes’ absence really hurt on Sunday, but the problems the Steelers have on offense are deeper than just that. As the media has chronicled, several offensive line positions are manned by backups. Faneca is gone. The playcalling is predictable. Willie Parker has been injured.

Consider this: aside from two 38 point games against Houston and Cincinnati, the Steelers have scored 10 (vs. Cleveland), 6 (vs. Philadelphia), 23 (in overtime vs. Baltimore), 26 (vs. Jacksonville), and 14 (vs. the Giants). That’s not gonna get it. Now, they’re into the Murderer’s Row Stretch.

Up next: Washington, Indy, San Diego, (Cincinnati – whew), New England, Dallas, Baltimore, Tennessee and a finale at home vs. Cleveland. They’ll have to get these offensive kinks worked out quickly.

The Steelers really only have one receiver who is great at getting in and out of cuts (with speed) on their roster – Holmes. When he doesn’t play, it’s much easier to cover an aging Ward, a straight line bomber like Nate Washington, or a rookie who can’t get off the line of scrimmage like Limas Sweed. I can only suggest laying off the chronic until 2009. It’s just a thought.

15. Dredded One says:

Go Rays.

And shouts-outs to my manz and dem Troy Smith and Joe Flacco for making the players highlight reel. Those 2 Troy Smith plays have put every DEF Coordinator the Ravens face this year on point.

No question. The Ravens, all of a sudden, look like a real contender. As a Steeler fan, I’m not really enjoying all of this.