Allen Iverson Traded to Pistons for Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess

Joe Dumars is a beast. He will do whatever it takes to ensure the Detroit Pistons remain on the NBA’s front burner. In a move that will send shivers through the Piston’s organization as well as its fanbase, Dumars sends Piston’s great Chauncey Billups and erstwhile front court banger, Antonio McDyess to the Denver Nuggets for mecurial scorer Allen Iverson. Center Cheikh Samb was also sent to Denver. This might seem like a shocker to most, but shouldn’t be. Joe Dumars is one of the best GM’s in sports and I’d be suprised more if he sat on his hands and let the Pistons lose in the Conference Finals again. This is also a money move because Iverson’s 21 million comes off the books after this season as the Pistons prepare to throw big dough at the likes of Wade, James and Bosh. Bosh is who the Pistons covet mos def. Mark it down. I guess we know now why Melo cut off the cornrows. Chauncey is one of my favorite players to speak with in the league but this is gonna be crazy seeing Bubba Chuck roll into Philly more than once. I don’t know how this is gonna play out playoff time, but Detroit now has the worse back court to match up with. With Rip’s curling in and out of the lane and Atom flashing everywhere, guards are gonna be icing knees every night across the league. Denver gets some defense at the guard spot. McDyess will be brought out by Denver and return to the Pistons after 30 days. I’m off to the Kings/Sixers tonight to get some Philly reaction. Could this move also make way for Iverson’s return to Philly? All I can say is damn…

11 Responses to “Allen Iverson Traded to Pistons for Chauncey Billups and Antonio McDyess”

1. Co Co says:

I like the move if only because I wanted AI out of Denver. They were building a bridge to nowhere

2. cutter oconnell says:

i think denver maid the right decision to trade the selfish allen iverson but it woul of been better to trade carmelo anthony

3. cutter oconnell says:

i think denver maid the right decision to trade the selfish allen iverson but it would of been better to trade carmelo anthony

4. TC says:

I was just watching my Lakers vs. Nuggets on Sat. and they had Chris Andersen and Nene, with Juwan Howard third in depth at the center position and I was wondering how the Nuggs were go’ survive that thin at the 5. I think this is a pretty good trade for both teams.

AI back in Philly? Put that pipe down, man, because as much as I would like to see that again that train’s not coming back around.

6. Drexel Perry says:

The Nuggets get a true point guard and the Pistons now have a guy who can close out playoff games in the 4th quarter as well a lot of potential cap room in the future.

I like the deal for both teams, but I’ll give the edge to the Pistons.

7. terrell says:

I think that its a really good trade im from Detroit. chauncy doesn’t score enough any more. i think that it would workout but if not the pistons might let him go or make a trade next year and trade him to sixer for there big man.

8. fuss says:

every should suck my cock Ai is the best in the buisness and the pistons are going all the was and the nuggets are going to be trash with that old guy chauncey billups so yeah great trade for the pistons

You are a girl talking like that? That ain’t necessary.

10. Gliriuple says:

Almost never killed a fly :)

11. mike fry says:

Why ai sucks look wut he did this year and then billups big diff