Friday Fire: The Kobe Bryant vs. LeBron James Debate Continues

The debate rages on. What’s your opinion? Before it’s all said and done, both will be included in the most elite pantheon of basketball talent. There aren’t five more skilled players who’ve stepped foot in the NBA. Here are some other questions:

Is this era unique because of their talent? My pick would still be Kobe–based on his body of work and also because his minutes are being cut for obvious reasons. LeBron is an absolute ridiculous ball player, but right now, is he better than Kobe Bryant? At 24? When? Now? We’ve talked about this many times here and I think it’s apropos to have this debate every year just to speak of the past, present and future of pro basketball. What does LeBron need to do to take his legacy to another level? Who should he be compared to? Mike? Oscar? McGinnis? Baylor? Are there any out there who think Kobe is on the down side of his career? Is he the best of his era? Is there anyone to compare him to besides Doc and Mike? Could he have done it alone? How many more scoring titles would he have if not for Shaq?

LeBron James:

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
08-09 CLE 34 34 36.6 0.508 0.296 0.781 1.2 5.4 6.6 6.6 1.9 1.3 2.91 1.90 27.4
Career 425 424 40.8 0.470 0.322 0.733 1.3 5.6 6.9 6.6 1.8 0.8 3.29 2.10 27.3

Kobe Bryant:

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
08-09 LAL 34 34 35.7 0.483 0.368 0.866 1.2 4.1 5.3 4.3 1.4 0.4 2.68 2.30 26.9
Career 900 752 36.4 0.454 0.341 0.840 1.2 4.1 5.3 4.6 1.5 0.5 2.93 2.70 25.0

58 Responses to “Friday Fire: The Kobe Bryant vs. LeBron James Debate Continues”

1. KevDog says:

Well shit. I don’t even need to post on this one.

LMAO. Please offer your astute analysis anyway sir.

3. robd says:

i personally cannot understand when people like John Hollinger say “Lebron is hands down the best player in the world”. this is ridiculous. Lebron might be entering his prime while Kobe may be slightly on the way down, but Kobe has achieved so much more. If both players were to stop playing today Lebron would go down as one of the most spectacular players ever who has achieved essentially nothing. Kobe would probably be a top 20 all-time player.

lets have this debate in 10 years and see if Lebron has won any rings or if he’s been named to 10 all-defensive teams.

4. p says:

he may of had more scoring titles without shaq, but he’d have 3 less rings aswell. could kobe have taken that cavs team to the finals, i doubt it. you can debate right now but in years to come when they’re both retired i’d be pretty confident that the answer will be, lebron won.

5. KevDog says:

I’ll just say this.

Anyone who uses PER as a basis to judge basketball players don’t know shit about the game. Anyone who doesn’t recognize that Kobe is the only perimeter player in the history of the game to get the Wilt/Kareem/Shaq treatment from the refs, you know the one, where they swallow their whistles because the player is fouled on virtually every posession, for fear of making the game simply non-competitive, can’t see. And anyone who thinks a dude with absolutely no post game and absolutely no mid-range game is a better player than Kobe Bryant, isn’t even worth arguing with.

6. You know I have that West Side bias, so I’m going with Kobe, however when 24 retires…the League will be in good hands…hands of the KING. It’s Kobe’s game, and LeBron is waiting in the wings. The time will come, and in that frame, LBJ will develop his all around game.

I’m taking D-Wade over them both……. 🙂

8. KevDog says:

GN

You just trying to start somethin’

LOL…….@KevDog

10. vleeflo says:

And Shaq would have 3 less rings without Kobe. What’s your point?

Too many apples, not enough oranges.

I’m with GN and will take D-Wade. And yeah, KevDog, I’m trying to start something. 🙂

KD:

Not really — I can’t debate Kobe with you — today or any day. I’ll have to stand down from that challenge. It’s just too high of a hurdle. He should be paying you.

13. thisiscrazy says:

Kobe is a better basketball player. He was made for this game. His skill set is above everyone in the league
    Lebron is a better athlete. His athleticism is freak of nature level. Once he puts in the offseason work to develop his jumper and better footwork we can have this debate

Priceless…

“no post game and absolutely no mid-range game” — where were you during that interview??

————–

KevDog to LeBron:

“Yeah, so Mizzo thinks you’re the best athlete of all time. What I want to know, son, is how come you have time to pose for Gorilla pictures and don’t have a post game or a mid-range game? Thanks.”

LeBron to KevDog:

“Hi hater!”

15. KevDog says:

LOLOLOL!

THAT was some funny ass shit T3.

“Dog bites man.”

I’m going with Kobe!!!

18. origin says:

Kobe

Anyway I have to say Kobe because

1. Kevdog will hurt me.

2. Kevdog will hurt me.

3. Kobe is just better.

Anyone see this

19. origin says:

Dang CoCo your hawks are getting beat to sleep.

20. KevDog says:

Just call me Hammer.

Hawks are getting beat like they stole something. What’s up with that?

21. Zeid Nisheiwat says:

hey fuck you all, kobe is a formal mother fucker, Lebron James is the MVP and will stay as long as Koby dies.

22. Ethan says:

KevDog, you are ridiculous, you really should be on Kobe’s payroll. I love how you fail to make an argument, state a bunch of opinions as facts, then declare that anyone who would disagree with said opinion is not worth arguing with. Nice way to skip the whole “make an actual argument, provide actual evidence, listen to and counter contrary claims” part of a rational conversation.

23. pick 13 of charlotte says:

hey guys you know why kobe is the best ever cz he was the 13th pick of charlotte traded for divac for christ sake! he wasnt even suppose to be an allstar! now hes a slam dunk champ,11 time allstar, 10 all defensive team appearances, 3 rings, couple of scoring titles, a 81 point game, year averaging over 35,an mvp throphy, 2 allstar mvp’s. remember before its all said and done, 3 more rings without shaq are comin! and for all those lebron lovers he will win only one ring. and btw no way mike wouls have one without pipp. ah kobe won the gold at the end so plz dont start shit without clearly understanding basketball.

24. awb says:

I will offer my completely anecdotal analysis and agree with KevDog because:

1. Kobe doesn’t get the ref treatment like MJ did before him or D-Wade and James get now. This might be because 99% of the time he isn’t just looking for contact and the foul but is looking to score-even against 4 defenders. Still it appears that he gets less deferntial treatment from the stripes than other super-duper stars

2. 81 points. I mean, COME ON! Do we even have to argue about this? Huh? Do we? No? Ok!!

3. Someone pointed this out to me today about Kobe and analogized it with Tiger Woods. After making the go ahead three against the Rockets last night a report asked him why he is so comfortable in game winning situations and Kobe mentioned something about hours of shooting, hard work, practice, blah, blah…BS!! Very few athletes are able thrive in those high pressure situations and actually become more effective-Kobe seems to have an innate ability to actually increase his clarity and focus on a fairly consistent basis. This is similar to Tiger Woods, when the game is tight everyone other player around him falls to pieces while Woods all of a sudden dominates. I think this is pretty rare.

4. He used to expose Scotty Pippen as the b*tch that he is. RIMSHOT. But seriosly he did.

25. i have to go with mamba! he is a way more skilled player than the king at this point.
    he has no weaknesses in his game!

26. ERod0012 says:

Kobe is the best player IN THE WORLD. Not only can he do anything, but he knows exactly when to do everything. Decision making is a huge factor. The arguement of whether kobe would have those three rings without shaq can go either way. would shaq have the three he won in LA without kobe? Basketball Is a team game right? so the fact that the two players helped eachother accomplish a 3 peat shouldnt come into the arguement. Kobe can take over when he wants, whether its shooting from the outside driving, whatever. There shouldnt even be a discussion about this. and anyone who doesnt think kobe is the best is fucking retarded.

AWB:

That’s an excellent point. Believe it or not, (football segue) Palmer, Manning and Roethlisberger have stepped their games up vs. the Ravens. I guess the fear makes them do it. (Ratings of 114.6, 114.3 and 103.2 in 15 combined wins – 5 each vs. 8 losses.) I think that’s the definition of an elite player — ever take a look at James Worthy’s post-season vs. regular season stats. Huge difference.

KevDog:

I’d argue with you just because I like a good argument, but I don’t believe there is a better player than Kobe Bryant in the league — and frankly, I agree with your position that the notion that LeBron is better is simply absurd. Like you, I’m a bit incredulous that people make the argument.

I don’t say that to take anything away from the youngster. I wouldn’t be so, er, cavalier. To the contrary, I believe his upside is tremendous. His potential, from where I’m sitting, far exceeds Kobe’s — but their current performances cannot be measured merely based on statistics. Statistics are always situtational.

Hence, the debate.

Too bad that I’m out.

29. KevDog says:

T3.

I feel ay.

I was just starting my shift last night, right about the time the Lakers were starting their rumble with the Spurs and MODi calls my cell, just to cackle in my ear something about how he and Dwil were at the game and I was not. I was at work, in the middle of the fast track and couldn’t tell him what I REALLY thought!

Don’t get me wrong, I’d have done the same thing. I was just pissed off that they were there and I wasn’t.

The loss last night was tough but predictable given several factors. I’m hoping we have a chance to kick Pop, Tim, Manu and Tony out of the playoffs again this year, just for old times sake!

30. StoneCold says:

awb said:

In the words of Lil Jon…WHAT?! LOL!!

You’re jokin’ right? Where do U guys come up with this nonsense? LOL!! Wow…

I remember in ’97, MJ led the league in scoring & he “ONLY” took 576 FT’s that Season. I say “Only” because the top scorers today, routinely shoot 700-900 FT’s..

MJ only averaged 10+ FT’s for a season, 2 TIMES in his ENTIRE career! D-Wade’s FT attempt avg is OVER 10 & kobe has averaged over 10+ FT attempts the last 4 years & 9 FT attempts during the year BEFORE the rules changes!

Is it mere coincidence, kobe’s FT attempts went UP to over 10+ a game since the implementation of the Anti-Handchecking & 3-Sec Rule? I think not!

HOW MUCH MORE DAMN LOVE CAN THE GUY GET FROM THE REFS?!?! LOL!!

In FACT, kobe has “LED” the league in FT attempts the last 4 yrs!!

Your argument just doesn’t make any sense..

You ALSO said:

“He used to expose Scotty Pippen as the b*tch that he is.”

Wow..the Scottie that kobe faced as a blazer, was one that was on the DOWNSIDE of his career! Why do U kobe homers ALWAYS leave that out?

U do realize Scottie’s LAST year as a bull, he had back surgery & was NEVER the same after that..

U call Scottie a “bitch”, but look at his resume in 12 yrs of play vs 12 yrs of play for kobe & Scottie didn’t start his 1st 3 years either:

Steals: Pippen 1869 > kobe 1299
    Assists: Pippen 4737 > Kobe 3905
    Blocks: Pippen 802 > Kobe 501
    Rebs: Pippen 5981 > Kobe 4472
    Points: Pippen 21115 > Kobe 15713 (with MJ on the team)
    2000 Pts in a season: Pippen 4 > Kobe 2 (again, even with MJ)
    Rings as a sidekick: Pippen 6 > Kobe 3

Again, your argument makes no sense at all…

31. jeet says:

i’m going to kobe!!! Lebron is hands down the best player in world kobe . now’ january monday 2009 kobe v/s james you in james lose . kobe in win will to my champion want june/09 happy. lebron in you recpect kobe . lakers in place want you with kobe Lebron . you Lebron cave draft . Lebron in true will to Lakers happy with kobe. Lebron in no cave.

32. T says:

41 Scottie Pippen 18940. From the ESPN all-time scoring leaders list. “Stonecold” if your going to use stats please don’t inflate them to try to prove a point. Only facts here son.

33. nikki says:

there is no doubt in my mind who the better basketball player it is Kobe Bryant just kidding anyone who believes that he is better than lebron James you are WRONG everything about lebron James is better than lebron James that is all i have to say about that but the best NBA player of all time has to be MICHEAL JORDAN HE IS CLEARLY THE BEST IN THE WORLD SO FAR

34. nikki says:

LEBRON JAMES IS BETTER DUH

35. nikki says:

GO CELTICS YOU ROCK, GREEN (Celtics) IS FOREVER, PURPLE (lakers boo u stank) IS WHATEVER.

Man, I’m getting some sick comments in moderation. Go away scary sick people. Take that mess somewhere else.

37. kbrown says:

stop livin n da past mj old but he waz cold but lb betta den kobe jus imagine wat lb stats gon look lik when he hit his 13 years jus lik kobe he gon own da nba

38. StoneCold says:

“stop livin n da past mj old”

Duhh..Of course MJ’s “old” now! And it took U how long to figure that out??

And no one’s livin’ in the past! If U make a comparison to a “past” player, then the “past” will be on display because that’s “WHERE” the “past” player’s exploits lie!

It’s ALWAYS U kobe & Lebron homers who make the comparisons to MJ & when U see the jaw droppin’ career “results” from MJ’s on-court exploits & how kobe & Lebron’s DON’T compare, then U wanna pull the old “you’re livin’ in the past” cop-out, when it’s U guys who:

A) made the damn comparisons to begin with &
    B) are ALWAYS using MJ as a measuring stick to gauge how good or bad U think those two are..

Stop trying to use MJ’s Legacy to sell kobe & lebron & U won’t have this problem!!

39. Dashon 11 says:

This is quite pointless. The better player of the two is obviously Kobe. I won’t repeat what others have said before me, but on ething I would like to add is that Lebron has to have the officials on his payroll. I mean, he ran over 2 different Atlanta Hawks twice in one playoff game. If the refs aren’t going to call it, it gets to the point when you just don’t care. He runs over people on his way to the hole. I am sick of the Lebron rule, it is quite ludicrous. I said Kobe is the better of the two but i don’t think he is solely the best player in the league. He shares this title with Tim Duncan. Say what you will about the boring Spurs but he has won 4 rings with three different casts. Talk about cerebral, c’mon. Lebron is a freak of nature athleticly, but that doesn’t mean that he should be allowed to plow through defenders or offenders just so we can see what he can do with an open lane to the basket. This isn’t even a debate, the fact that Kobe is even comparable statistically is sad. He has to compete for the ball with people who could probably be the top scorers on just about any team in the east. Where as Lebron is free to do wwhatever the hell he wants with the ball at all times. Don’t even bring up Mo Williams. He scores but c’mon, he is a facilitator, hence point gaurd, he looks better this year because he is facilitating to someone who is allowed to plow through 3/5 player on his way to the basket. He’s not even more skilled than Carmelo and DWade honestly. He’s just a freak athletically.

40. StoneCold says:

“The better player of the two is obviously Kobe.”

Oh really? Then “Why” can’t U kobe homers EVER show us within kobe’s OWN body of on-court productivity, where he “Consistently” produces the “better” individual production regarding the “skilled” facets of the game? Why??!!

U fools are the ONLY group of so called fans, who insists that kobe’s better than the other guy at something, but yet it’s kobe who CONISTENTLY fairs WORSE at it than the other guy LOL!!

How DUMB is that?!!

Lebron CONSISTENTLY avg’s MORE apg, rpg, spg, bpg & ppg on LESS FG attempts!! He’s had the BETTER PER ratings than kobe 4 outta the last 5 years, he’s bested kobe’s “BEST” FG% season to date, 4 TIMES already & has had MORE Win Shares Per 82 games, 4 outta the last 5 years..

“Lebron has to have the officials on his payroll.”

But yet kobe’s the one that LED the NBA in FT attempts in ’07 & has finished in the Top 3 SEVERAL times! Can U say that about Lebron? NOPE!!

Shit Kobe has CONSISTENTLY avg’d about 900+ FT attempts since ’04 & has avg’d 10+ FT attempts the last 4 yrs LOL!!

Come back when U actually have a LEGITIMATE argument because right now, U sound like the ULTIMATE kobe homer..

41. Dashon 11 says:

“The better player of the two is obviously Kobe.”

Yeah he is. You can throw stats at someone all you want but it just makes you look like an idiot. When you factor in a stat line, you have to also factor in spread. What I mean by this is the production of the rest of his team. Lebrons stats are always going to be inflated because he has no one on his team to compete with for the ball, shots, and touches. It is widely known that every single thing on that team flows through him. Therefore he has more opportunity to manipulate his stats than Kobe does. Anyone who can’t see this isn’t trying hard enough in my opinion. It’s like saying Lebron is a better defensive player than DWade. It’s laughable, when he averaged more blocks and more steals than him (bk1.34-1.15) (st2.19-1.69). So when you bring stats into the argument you have to realize that numbers is just an approach that deals only in quantity. A quality and quantity based comparison is the appropriate manner to conduct this and pretty much all other studies.

And as far as Lebron avg more stats than Kobe the last four years, we all know thats a lie, and unless you are going to site evidence, it will remain so. If you speak of stats, site it please.

“Lebron has to have the officials on his payroll.”

But yet kobe’s the one that LED the NBA in FT attempts in ‘07 & has finished in the Top 3 SEVERAL times! Can U say that about Lebron? NOPE!!

Shit Kobe has CONSISTENTLY avg’d about 900+ FT attempts since ‘04 & has avg’d 10+ FT attempts the last 4 yrs LOL!!”

This isn’t worth my time arguing, me and my friend just had this argument yesterday and Kobe had close to 9 ft attempts this year. You didn’t understand my point, or you dodged the statment. Please only respond when you understand my statements in its entirty. I do not have the patience for one such as yourself. Even if what you said was true, I was referring not only to blown whistles but also swallowed ones, which he gets a lot of. I haven’t seen anyone in the NBA run over someone in a while without either a charge or a block foul. But it sales I guess which is why the NBA isn’t tripping about it. I meant that its ridiculous that he can switch back and forth between football and basketball on the court, hence the Lebron rule. if you want to see the preferential treatment I would suggest finding videos like this on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6SpBM8dB4k

It’s ridiculous, because if this was happening back when he wore 8 then it could only have gotten worse. The Hawks-Cavs series was disgusting.

Your stats are suspect to the point to where I don’t know where you got them. BTW, I actually don’t like Bryant, I just know a bettter player when I see one. I am sorry I had to do this to you, but its for your own good.

42. Dashon 11 says:

GO SPURS GO!

43. Dashon 11 says:

According to NBA.com Lebron avg 9.4 FTA per game to Kobe 6.9 FTA. THis is also where i got the block and steal comparison earlier

44. StoneCold says:

“You can throw stats at someone all you want but it just makes you look like an idiot.”

Oh really? Then why’d U say & I quote: “It’s like saying Lebron is a better defensive player than DWade. It’s laughable, when he averaged more blocks and more steals than him (bk1.34-1.15) (st2.19-1.69).”

Gee…what told U that? How’d U know he avg’d more blocks & steals, which lead U to deem him (wade) “bettter” on the defensive end?

I’ll tell U what told U: a STAT DID that’s what!!

It’s amazing to hear U idiots depict them as some random, made up #’s that don’t mean or prove anything, then turn right around & use them to make & prove your point LOL!!

“And as far as Lebron avg more stats than Kobe the last four years, we all know thats a lie”

2005 avg’s

Lebron: 27ppg 7apg 7rpg 47% FG% “25.7”
    Kobe: 27ppg 6apg 5rpg 44% FG% “23.3 PER”

** Advantage Lebron; more efficient & better overall production

2006 avg’s

Lebron: 31ppg 6apg 7rpg 48% FG% “28.1 PER”
    Kobe: 35ppg 5apg 4rpg 45% FG% “28.0 PER”

** AGAIN, advantage Lebron; “more efficient” & better overall. Kobe took 27 FG attempts just to shoot 45%?

2007 avg’s

Lebron: 27ppg 6apg 6rpg 47% FG% “24.5 PER”
    Kobe: 31ppg 5apg 5rpg 46% FG% “26.1 PER”

** Advantage kobe

2008 avg’s

Lebron: 30ppg 7apg 7rpg 48% FG% “29.1 PER”
    Kobe: 28ppg 6apg 5rpg 45% FG% “24.2 PER”

** Advantage Lebron; more efficient & better overall production

2009 avg’s

Lebron: 28ppg 7apg 7rpg 48% FG% “31.7 PER”
    Kobe: 26ppg 4apg 5rpg 46% FG% “25.6 PER”

** Yet once AGAIN, advantage Lebron; more efficient & better overall production

I keep “highlighting” the PER (player efficiency rating) because it’s the BEST gauge of OVERALL skill & contribution to one’s team given the fact that it accounts for one’s ppg, apg, rpg, spg, bpg & FG%.

Big men typically & consistently garner the BEST PER ratings due to FG%’s & because of that, it’s virtually IMPOSSIBLE for perimeter players to CONSISTENTLY produce PER ratings “OVER” 25..the ONLY perimeter player I saw consistently do this was MJ. In fact he’s #1 ALL TIME in PER..as a guard LOL!!

“Your stats are suspect to the point to where I don’t know where you got them.”

All of this stuff is readily available on basketball-reference.com Stop being so goddamn lazy & actually go do some damn research LOL!!

It’s EASY to just “try” & discredit the on-court production of a player, when they contradict what U “think” or “believe” about them LOL!!

FACTS ARE FACTS!! Deal with it son..

45. Dashon 11 says:

Ur a genious. This is the statement i made:
    “Yeah he is. You can throw stats at someone all you want but it just makes you look like an idiot. When you factor in a stat line, you have to also factor in spread.”

As in, if ur gonna throw in stats then also use common sense when interpreting them. D-Wade is a 2 and Lebron is a 3. There is no way he should have more blocks than him. And the way Lebron bulls over people coupled with his athleticism, he should have more steals as well. Now, u see wat I just did. I gave u stats, but i also interpreted it. I just figured we all knew that D-Wade played shooting gaurd while Lebron played Small Forward, guess i overestimated ur intelligence. As for the rest of your statement on this matter, i already proved my point. When u used ur stats u just threw them out, without interpreting them. Mine had an understood interpretation, but again, I overestimated u. I never said stats where completely worthless like some people on here, just that you also have to interpret them as well, and if you don’t want to do that then i will continue making u look like an autistic carpenter(random insult, sorry if it offends you, makes me laugh).

I believe we discussed the overall stats over the last four years, yet in your response you put in five. I have no clue y, maybe ur autism was flaring up again. BTW, it was a lie, u admitt urself that Kobe was better in 2007. Two years ago, in the span of four. Your bisted on that account. Also, i wanted to ask you what the like “23.1 PER” thing is, idk wat it is, nor what u mean. I also thought it was funny when you gave the nod to one after the stats, but only added “better overall production and more efficiency” to only Lebrons. So let me add the same to Kobe. Be uniform all the way through or it makes you look slanted. And honestly, in a few of those years it looks like Kobe shot a better pct than Lebron if u calculate true shooting percentage. Not sure if u did, just pointing that out. But anyway, Kobe was better in 2007, so you did lie.
    okay, i know its efficiency rating now.

lol, where did u get that definition from, NBA 2K9. It looks quite similar is all. But yeah, people do think it is the best gauge, statisticly. There is no stat for how many double teams u draw per game, how game planned against you are which effectively opens up the game for ur team mates. These are the underlying things which i was reffering to. Your over 25 is BS. You mean outside shooting gaurds, like Kobe, who can also slash. But Lebron doesn’t have this problem since he is still developing his outside jumpshot. Gaurds like Tony Parker don’t have a prob with fg pct. Matter of fact, he sometimes leadds the league.

Sorry my good man but if you going to use stats, u can find them at NBA.com. Otherwise i don’t care. There is no point going anywhere else when this is the official site. We can then cut out the false stat quoting like you did on the Scottie Pippen thing a while back, giving him 3000 points.lol. Ur a joke. I’m not gonna bother looking up the stats per season stuff until u get it from nba.com

Oh and never call me son when you get tore up like that. It makes you look retarded.

Me to you is like a father giving his three year old autistic son a lesson in manners. Know you facts before you step in with me, otherwise you look quite retarded. I’m not picking on you, I just think that its fun going back and forth you know. So plz, respond back, and save ur rep!

46. Dashon 11 says:

Did anyone watch that video? Just wondering, i know it seems kind of slanted but i think i remember that game and was shocked as well. I am interested in responses to it.

Go Spurs Go

47. Dashon 11 says:

Oh and like I said, try to get a complete understanding of what I mean before you respond, otherwise me kicking your butt up one side of the court and down the other is going to get boring to everyone else StoneCold. I don’t mean anything by the insults, i just think they r funny and will liven up this debate. I actually think its admirable that you are sticking up for the obvious looser.jk. But it is pretty cool of you when in Kobe waters now.

48. StoneCold says:

Dashon11

Come back when U have a LEGITIMATE argument that’s soundly based on FACTUAL information, rather than your obscure “opinions”..

You’re the TYPICAL homer..

Left to U fools to tell it, the FACTS “never” mean what they say & only apply when they’re slighted towards your silly “opinion” of the person you’re advocating for..

49. Dashon11 says:

lol, this entire question is opinion based, which is the reason ppl are split. From the begining everything I have written has been my opinion, just as watching sportscenter and regurgitating what they say has been yours. That was a nice game winner by Lebron yesterday. Incredible shot, but now they r talking about the whole series being turned around, which is complete bs. They were on Clevelands home court. And the Magic nearly won again, and would prob have if the Magic had there best on ball defender on Lebron like in game one. Stan van Gundy made a questionable call, almost to the point to where you may think he is on Mike Brown’s payroll. Naw jk, but seriously, why would he do that.

Oh, and whats up with ur post, is it bc i was nice to you. Have I completely traversed your autistic head. If you truely felt the way your last posts seems to suggest, then you wouldn’t have gone after me in the first place. Oh, and for the last time bucket head, I hate Kobe, but I definitely would not want him on the other team before Lebron. Lebron’s gaurdable, its just the Lebron rule flaring up at times, but even the best defenders in the league can’t stop Kobe’s jumpshot. They take away the most important sense in basketball from him, his sight, and he still hits the shot. It’s like he is unconsciuos or something. That’s part of the reason he is the better player to me. I am a Spurs fan. When we swept Cleveland, we shut down either Lebron, or his supporting cast, mainly due to Poppovich’s geniuos. When we got beat by the Lakers last year, we didn’t have an answer for Kobe. Bruce Bowen shut him down in the first half, but we started Udoka on him the second and he took off and went on to stump us in the series. That’s why, and that’s why you will hear Poppovich say Kobe is the best player on the planet. BTW, if you use statistical data only like before, you are setting yourself up to fail in most things. The real world doesn’t work like that, you have to think critically. You sound around 40, so I thought you would’ve known that by now. It’s been fun, but obviously I’m too much for you.

50. Dashon11 says:

Your also an idiot. You call my opinion obscure when you have yet to prove it so. You sound like a child who can’t think of any more points. Look, I know I”m a dificult oponent, but if your done, just admitt it please, i would respect you a lot more.

Your also an idiot because you haven’t heard a single thing I have said. I never suggested that stats are worthless or that they don’t represent the best in the league. I said that them alone are worthless. I used yours and others stats as something understood. I won’t repeat what has come before me, unlike many who repeat what they hear on tv, but its okay, that’s what we are tought to do. What is a test, a measuring stick to see how much of the information the teacher just gave you can tell them back, or show them back. Your in now way creative nor innovative. I have heard people argue your point with the same logic. That is why it was so easy to dismantle you silly self. Grow up, and grow some balls, and when you get some originaly material, come see me, because today was a sad display of you stupidity. I feel for you