Friday Fire: Who Wins the Super Bowl and What’s the Score?

It’s been a busy week. My apologies for posting the bare minimum. I really worked hard on transcribing interviews, providing links within a very compelling interview to be posted later and securing other interviews I hope you will enjoy. Of course this gets me more exposure, but trust that I do it for you as well. Anyone you want to see next on TSF, hit me up here. Now to the game…

Still a little bit muffed up over the Eagles getting bounced, but at least Pittsburgh is in it right? It would have been great for the state to see two teams from PA in the game but uh…yeah. I know it’s killing Donovan to be analyzing the game instead of getting ready for it.

No analysis here, for we all know the personnel and what they are capable of. This comes down to coaching and who has a better feel for his team and I gotta go with Mike Tomlin.

What’s your Super Bowl plans people?

Got the Prez on your side too Temple?

Pittsburgh 30, Arizona 22.

38 Responses to “Friday Fire: Who Wins the Super Bowl and What’s the Score?”

Pitt 27-10

Pitt
    21-10

Pittsburgh 34
    Arizona 17

I saw El Presidente on the tube last night. I suppose that’s nice to know – on some level.

Usually I get a feeling about the outcome of the game — but it hasn’t come yet. It comes with bright lights, scores and game plans. So far nothing.

FYI — I thought the score of the San Diego game would be 42-17. Guys thought I was crazy. Final score? 35-24.

I do like the Steelers offense. I thought the score of the Raven game would be 33-13. Three dropped touchdowns (Sweed, Parker, Holmes) and a Polamalu pick later — Final score: 23-14.

If I get something, I’ll let you know.

5. Matthew Fudge says:

Got my choice of two Super Bowl parties. One’s at my man’s brother’s house (where there’ll be liquor) and at my church (where there won’t be). Guess which one I’m leaning towards? LOL

You better take yo ass to chuch! LOL

CARL LEWIS
    Olympic track star
    I’m boycotting talking about the Super Bowl. I’m still irate about the Eagles.

See, Mizzo…you’re never alone in this world. Never, never, never.

Pitt 34-10

I really think Pitt is going to blow them out.

Which is it michelle? 27-10 or 34-10? :-)

11. Eric Daniels says:

I think the Cardinals will win this one, Pittsburgh is supposed to win but I think the wild card and MVP of this game will be Anquan Boldin because with so much attention paid to Fitzgerald Kurt Warner will use Boldin as his main target and he will have a huge night 150 yds. Arizona’s defense will do just enough to keep Pittsburgh running game in check so the passing game can’t go off and hurt that young secondary and I think it will come down late in the fourth quarter 24-17 Cards.

I know it goes against my preseason predict of a Steelers win but I have a feeling about this game.

12. AIRMERCHMAN says:

This is Going to be the Best GAME that happens in 2009. Both teams are going to come out and fight harder than they ever have before. I think Pittsburgh has the stamina to out last the Cardinals defence. The Cardinals have the Fox and Groove to get on and around the hard line Pittsburgh. Its the best game of 2009. And the RIBS are going to be great.

Semper Fi JIM

Here we go Steelers, here we go:

Ok….why are my posts not showing up?

Sometimes WordPress is funny with da links bruh. My bad.

Understood….thanks Mizz!

17. origin says:

Like Obama, I got the steelers too. Why because brothas from chicago think alike…LOL!!!

But on the real.

I got the steelers winning 30 to 21. Heath Miller is the best TE that the cardinals have faced in the playoffs. Don’t be surprised if he goes off in this game. The Crads have a hard time guarding TEs in pass coverage.

Also don’t be surprised if the steelers pop one of those cardinals WRs and knocks them out of the game.

Unlike the Eagles, the steelers blitz with zone behind. So I don’t expect the cardinals WR to run wild the whole game.

All game long in the Conf Championship game the Cards WRs were running free because the eagles sent all out blitzes with corners playing one on one.

You give dick lebeau 2 weeks to prepare that defense and its your @ss.

Cardinals…..your @ss is toast.

Origin,

That’s a fine analysis!

GrandNubian,

34 – 10……..AZZZZ WHOPPIN!

STEELER NATION!

21. Matthew Fudge says:

Enjoy the game, y’all. May the liquor be plentiful.

Mathew Fudge,

I’m sick but I will try to enjoy the game.

Chris Collingsworth is on crack if he thinks Kurt Warner is the best player on the field

Michelle, I shook my head on that one too because win or lose the best player on the field was Larry Fitzgerald, Jr. The NFL needs to retire that guy because he’s too damn good. To quote Dan Patrick, “You can’t stop Larry Fitz, you can only hope to contain him.” The Steelers barely did.

Great game and even though I’m a salty azz Eagles’ fan I can enjoy a good game. This one was and I give major respect to Big Ben for doing his damn thing.

Congrats to Coach Tomlin too.

Mizzo — damn good guess on the final score.

Here’s my facebook status from yesterday morning:

Michael Tillery is picking Blitzburgh 30-22. Santonio Holmes MVP.

I also called it on Dave Zirin’s show on Friday. Donovan exposed their secondary. Temple and I knew Rod Hood couldn’t handle the whole weight and that’s why I picked Santonio. Lucky of course because you could have gave it to a couple of players, but that catch in the endzone and Harrison’s td will go down in history.

Crazy, the numbers change but the colors stay the same.

Congratulations Steeler fans.

Good call Mizz……I may hit you up later for some lottery numbers. :-)

Congrats to Mike Tomlin and the Steelers!!!!

Number 6 baby!!!! :-)

28. kos says:

Thanks Mizzo, for the shout out. I’m still on a natural high from the Steelers winning (and getting to talk junk to all of these people at work for being so vehement in their hate for the Steelers. Most of them are Cowboy fans that didn’t want the Steelers to be the first to six.) It was a great game. Ben definitely redeemed himself. Holmes showed that Fitzgerald and Boldin weren’t the only great receivers on the field last night. Next year, one for the other index finger!

kos,

Yeah, I expected Ben to have a great game and he came through big time. Santonio Holmes became a star last night and deservingly so. He played a great game and made several big catches.

Marshall Faulk said yesterday on NFL Network pre-game that none of the Steeler’s WRs are as good as the Cards WRs. After a back & forth w/ Deion, Sapp & Mariucci, Faulk changed his tune to “none of their WRs would be starters for the Cards”.

I was hoping Deion would bring it up in the post game show when they interviewed Santonio Holmes but he didn’t.

30. kos says:

The Steelers receivers don’t fit Arizona’s offense. Whisenhunt may have been an offensive coordinator for the Steelers, but he hasn’t instilled the toughness of the Steelers receivers on the Arizona receivers. They are big, but not physical. They aren’t going to block in the run game like the Steelers receivers. That is one reason the Cardinals are scratching their heads asking what happened this morning. The Steelers run game wasn’t all that great either.

Deion should have brought it up. Santonio could definitely start for most NFL teams. Santonio is better than Breaston. It’s just a matter of can the qb get him the ball. Ben does an excellent job of getting Santonio the ball in traffic where he can make the play. I don’t know if Warner has that same ability. If he played for the Cardinals, he probably would sit, and then leave for another team and become a star.

I hear Jemele hit the number right on the head.

If the Cardinal wide receivers were on the Steelers, they’d have tremendous success, but would be forced to block in the run game. We still have to travel to Baltimore and Cleveland and Cincy and New England in the winter — and win. The Steelers cannot afford to have receivers who disappear in inclement weather and get smoked by 40 points. With that said, Fitzgerald and Boldin are fabulous.

Marshall’s point is essentially meaningless because its an apples and oranges conversation.

kos — I totally agree that the expectation are different.

It is ironic that Santonio won the MVP with all of the better known receivers in this game. Then again, maybe Marshall is biased — just a bit. Entering the season, Santonio Holmes had the highest yards per catch of any receiver in the NFL.

I’ll keep the guys we have. I like them just fine.

Couldn’t have said it better myself……….

34. Matthew Fudge says:

I’m under the weather too, Michelle. Couldn’t scream or nothin’! Hope you were able to enjoy the game anyway.

35. Matthew Fudge says:

The only depressing part of the night (besides me having a cold) was when a room full of black folks sang “Glory Days” along with Bruce. Felt like revoking everybody’s black card. So glad Obama’s in office. LOL

Matteo

Don’t crap on the Boss because I have a few of his songs in my IPOD right next to my B.I.G. and James Brown. I don’t gush over him like some of our paler brothers but I appreciate his work along with Bob Dylan.

37. Matthew Fudge says:

I hear you. My brother was the only kid I knew in E. Orange that listened to rock.