This Still Hurts: Brian Dawkins says “I’m an Eagle at heart”

Seriously…as an Eagles fan? How can I not be more pissed after seeing this? Thanks Tarik.

12 Responses to “This Still Hurts: Brian Dawkins says “I’m an Eagle at heart””

There will be a Steeler Bandwagon pulling through Bucks and Montgomery counties this afternoon around 4:30. GET ON!

Temple,

That’s funny.

Wow, that’s the type of player everyone should want on their team.

At 1:58, he’s about to say he connected with fans on a SPIRITUAL level, but he stopped himself. I heard him though. Bad move by management – historically bad.

Michelle:

I was just trying to soften the blow. Watching that video would be pure torture for me if I were an Eagles fan.

What’s done is done and Dawk is now a Bronco. Eagles’ management could have handled the situation much better but its over and done with now. I’ll still rock my #20 jersey every chance I get and if Dawk is elected to the Hall I’ll make the trip to Canton to see it but the worm keeps turning.

FLY EAGLES FLY!!!

7. origin says:

Yeah Dawkins will forever be an Eagle.

Oh well thats how it goes with Lurie, Banner and Reid.

And look Harvey they finally got Mcnabb a FB………..wow I mean wow.

So I guess they will get him a every down RB who runs with power 5 years from now.

Yep, I caught that “spiritual” snub, too. The Eagles’ management will be the cause of this team’s demise.

@Origin

Baby steps, baby steps…the Eags have 12 draft picks including 2 #1′s so those cheap bums are going to be forced to do something with that in addition to all the sal cap room. Everyone’s talking Boldin but I wouldn’t mind have Ocho Cinco more because I think he’s hungrier. Whatever happens though the Eagles will make a power move in late April. How it plays out on the field later this season will be anyone’s guess.

10. inkognegro says:

I dont know how yall do it.

I dont know how yall ride for a team that has no respect for the fan base or the players that shorten their lives for them.

Im not being metaphorical either.

There are about 7-10 years of Brian Dawkins LIFE….that vanished into thin air in the stadiums of Philadelphia.

They should NEVER have let that happen.

I dont know how yall do it.

InKog, you can say the same for each player on every NFL roster as well as the ones who play in college and football. My cousin still has headaches from head slaps he took as on offensive lineman in high school. It’s a decision a person makes to risk those 7-10 years you said Dawk sacrificed while playing for the Eagles. I’d rather he had retired after this previous season but he didn’t. I wish the Eagles had re-signed him but they didn’t. Life goes on and while I have empathy for my fellow man and the sacrifices we all make to survive and thrive in this life I think about what I have to do to make an honest buck and the sympathy shrivels.

Check out DWil’s piece on SOMM about bankrupt athletes with the underlying reason for it being the overwhelming ignorance nowadays of athletes being preyed on by managment. If these guys were better prepared for what they face coming from the amateur ranks by either following their money or having competent people around them then maybe Dawk wouldn’t have given hometown discounts to the Eagles to stay there for less money.

Dawk seems like a good guy but I’ll always tell every athlete to get every dime you can get from team owners, the media, and advertising agencies because it dries up very quickly and the people that cheer you today will step over you the next as you lay in the gutter remembering past glories.

Dude try 15 years. He goes back to Ray Rhodes.