Fire Away…..

Because this is as good a place as any to start….

Consider this your catch-all ask anything thread. Ask a question about workouts, fitness, health, proper supplementation and I will either give you an answer directly or give you a great explanation from information I have found on the internet.

10 Responses to “Fire Away…..”

What do you know about thryoid problems? Is this a catch-all term for folks or what? What are the symptoms of an out of whack thyroid? How do you right the ship?

Hey — shouldn’t these posts be going to KevDog? 🙂

3. Okori Wadsworth says:

@Temple3: rapid metabolism, irritability, and sudden weight loss and irritability are the systems of hyperthyroidism. Hypothyroidism allows for weight gain among other symptoms.

4. 19082008 says:

I had hypothyroidism that wasn’t discovered until last June. I have been on Synthroid for a year and have lost a bit of weight. For exercise, I walk, but I’ve been told that weight training increases metabolism even more. I just have to get over my paranoia about possibly looking muscular/unfeminine.

5. Okori Wadsworth says:

@1908-2008: Weight training does not make you look unfeminine unless you start taking heavy anabolic steroids. Lift as heavy as you can.

6. origin says:

Whats up Okori.

I wanted to know some techniques for ab shaping. You mentioned weight lifting when doing ab work. My wife is trying to get her abs define and is having a tough time (sista is trying to get her stomach like Tamia).

Do you have any techniques that she can use.

7. Okori Wadsworth says:

ok. first of all please inform Ms. Origin that she will have a dual set of goals for this. first goal will be to build muscle mass. second goal will be to detail that muscle mass.

furthermore for this regimen you will need to have a flat bench. cleared of all clothing and everything else. And she’ll have to do it at a gym, not at home. you need weight for most of this exercises.

exercise:
    # Floor Crunches: 2 sets of 10-20 reps
    # Flat Bench Leg Raises: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    # Side Crunches: 2 sets of 10-12 reps
    # Planks: 2 sets of 20 seconds each

* Hanging Leg Raises: 2 sets of 20 reps
    * Crunches On The Flex Ball: 2 sets of 20 reps
    * Side Crunches: 2 sets of 20 reps
    * Plank: 2 sets of 20 seconds each

Click Here For A Printable Log Of The Intermediate Abdominal Routine.

Advanced Abdominal Routine

* Decline Sit-Ups: 3 sets of 20 reps
    * Bicycles: 3 sets of 20 reps each side
    * Decline Bench Leg Raises: 3 sets of 20 reps
    * Flat Bench Leg Raises: 3 sets of 10 reps each side
    * Plank/Side Plank Combination: 3 sets of 30 seconds each position

Advanced Superset Abdominal Routine

* Superset: (alternate between both exercises)

Decline Sit-Ups: 3 sets of 20 reps
    Hanging Leg Raises: 3 sets of 20 reps

as far as cardio is concerned….. 45-60 minutes to help detail out the mass she’ll be building.

hope i could help.

8. origin says:

Wonderful Okori.

Thanks for the help…..I am sure that my wife will love this.

9. Okori Wadsworth says:

not a problem

10. Okori Wadsworth says:

@Origin: because I forgot to mention this please tell Ms. Origin she CANNOT spot-reduce. Spot-Reduction is the idea that you can train your abs, and JUST your abs, to get them to go down. Tell her she has to get in a gym and start lifting weights.

if you want ask Mizz for my personal contact info and I’ll see about making you a full workout plan for her.