Vernon “The Viper” Forrest Shot Dead At 38

Three champions gone in one month? August can’t get here fast enough…

From AJC:

Atlanta police say former professional boxer Vernon “The Viper” Forrest was killed Saturday night in an attempted carjacking, according to a WSB-TV news report.

Police told WSB that Forrest stopped at a gas station to put air in the tire of his Jaguar when he was approached by two men.

Police told the station that Forrest, 38, was shot multiple times and the suspects had semi-automatic weapons.

I’m stunned this is happening so much. Just don’t understand. RIP Vernon Forrest. Our prayers are with your family.

I’ll add more to this piece after I shake the stunned feeling outta my mind.

13 Responses to “Vernon “The Viper” Forrest Shot Dead At 38”

My condolences to Vernon Forrest’s family. He was a good man who did much good work in the ATL area with learning disabled kids and adults. I met him a few times when I lived down there and he couldn’t have been more gracious and down to earth.

Just goes to show you don’t have to be doing anything out of the ordinary for your life to end violently and tragically in this crazy, mixed-up world. Let the ones you care for know it because you may not get the chance in an uncertain future.

2. awb says:

Holy crap! What the hell is going on?

I remember after he beatdown Mosely (I have never seen Shane get beat like that before or since) everybody kept his name out of their mouth. Then he injured his shoulder and was never the same. Always seemed like a super classy dude.

RIP

3. [...] Vernon "The Viper" Forrest Shot Dead At 38 | The Starting Five [...]

4. The night he took Shane Moseley’s lunch, my brothers and I were sitting there with our mouths wide open – we couldn’t believe what we were seeing. Then he hit Moseley with an uppercut that had him counting the lights in the ceiling (I don’t know if that’s in the video above) WOW!!! A great fighter who Moseley could never figure out.

Gone too soon.

What is going on? RIP Vernon

This is the 3rd boxer in 30 days. Its tragic. I live a few blocks from where this happened – this is so senseless.

Miranda what is your take on the whole thing with Vernon?

First things first:

Sad to hear that this insanity continues. HD — I’m glad to hear that Vernon Forrest left a legacy that will survive him in ATL.

What’s up with this JASON character trolling for links and hits on this post? Maybe he’ll be handing out business cards at the funeral.

9. Eric Daniels says:

Travel to the ancestors well Vernon Forrest and may peace be with your family and friends

Temple 3: deleted bruh. Good catch. Webber part 2 a little before 12.

Mizzo, the crime here has been outta control. I wish Vernon hadn’t tried to go after the guys trying to rob him, but he was not supposed to be getting robbed. Two thugs killed him, period.

Such a shame. I don’t understand. What are we to do as people. Seems like it’s only going to get worse.

13. tony q says:

top boxer,top man and a legend in my heart RIP vernon!