Vince Young is a winner. Period. Anyone who still doubts this kid is smoking crack. Straight up. 3 fourth down conversions? 99 yards? Had to score a touchdown? I don’t have to say anything else. Mercy.

Uh…yeah…he’s did it before. Remember this?

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Green Bay 0 13 14 7 34
Detroit 7 0 0 5 12
Green Bay rolls on
Leader Green Bay Detroit
Passing A. Rodgers 348 M. Stafford 213
Rushing R. Grant 61 K. Smith 43
Receiving D. Driver 142 D. Northcutt 51
Oakland 0 0 7 0 7
Dallas 3 14 0 7 24
Does it matter who leads Oak?
Leader Oakland Dallas
Passing B. Gradkowski 200 T. Romo 309
Rushing J. Fargas 63 F. Jones 68
Receiving Z. Miller 73 M. Austin 145
NY Giants 0 0 6 0 6
Denver 3 13 0 10 26
The Giants are in trouble
Leader NY Giants Denver
Passing E. Manning 230 K. Orton 245
Rushing 2 tied with 27 K. Moreno 88
Receiving S. Smith 71 B. Marshall 86

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tampa Bay 0 10 7 0 17
Atlanta 0 10 3 7 20
Falcons gear up before Vick week.
Leader Tampa Bay Atlanta
Passing J. Freeman 250 C. Redman 243
Rushing C. Williams 30 M. Turner 33
Receiving A. Bryant 91 T. Gonzalez 83
Miami 0 7 7 0 14
Buffalo 0 7 0 24 31
TO gives mugs the gas face…again.
Leader Miami Buffalo
Passing C. Henne 175 R. Fitzpatric 246
Rushing R. Williams 115 F. Jackson 73
Receiving A. Fasano 74 T. Owens 96
Cleveland 0 0 7 0 7
Cincinnati 3 10 3 0 16
Larry looking like Pete Johnson
Leader Cleveland Cincinnati
Passing B. Quinn 100 C. Palmer 110
Rushing J. Lewis 40 L. Johnson 107
Receiving C. Stuckey 44 C. Ochocinco 38
Indianapolis 0 7 7 21 35
Houston 14 6 0 7 27
Was there any doubt in the Colts?
Leader Indianapolis Houston
Passing P. Manning 244 M. Schaub 284
Rushing J. Addai 69 S. Slaton 57
Receiving A. Collie 70 K. Walter 73
Carolina 0 3 0 3 6
NY Jets 7 7 0 3 17
Both these teams suck
Leader Carolina NY Jets
Passing J. Delhomme 130 M. Sanchez 154
Rushing D. Williams 40 T. Jones 75
Receiving D. Rosario 62 D. Keller 68
Washington 7 7 7 3 24
Philadelphia 10 6 0 11 27
Jason Avant gets the game ball
Leader Washington Philadelphia
Passing J. Campbell 231 D. McNabb 260
Rushing R. Cartwright 38 L. McCoy 76
Receiving M. Kelly 50 J. Avant 94
Seattle 7 7 3 10 27
St. Louis 0 10 0 7 17
Forsett? You mean Tony Dorsett?
Leader Seattle St. Louis
Passing M. Hasselbeck 102 K. Boller 282
Rushing J. Forsett 130 S. Jackson 89
Receiving N. Burleson  46 R. Martin 60
Kansas City 0 7 7 0 14
San Diego 7 21 10 5 43
Chargers get in that ass!
Leader Kansas City San Diego
Passing M. Leinart 220 V. Young 387
Rushing T. Hightower 55 C. Johnson 154
Receiving A. Boldin 53 K. Britt 128
Final 1 2 3 4 OT Tot
Pittsburgh 0 7 3 7 0 17
Baltimore 7 7 0 3 3 20
DD tried, but just didn’t have enough
Leader Pittsburgh Baltimore
Passing D. Dixon 145 J. Flacco 289
Rushing R. Mendenhall 95 R. Rice 88
Receiving S. Holmes 74 M. Clayton 129

Monday, November 30, 2009

8:30 pm EST ESPN
New England (7-3)
New Orleans (10-0)
37-27 Pats. Book it!

30 Responses to “The Starting Five NFL Week 12 Recap: You Dig How Vince Young Threw it In This Time?”

1. Matthew Fudge says:

Keep it up, VY.

That was amazing stuff. I actually picked the Cardinals to win this game — thinking that Kurt Warner would start and that they would put up more points than the Titans could match. With Leinart in, the Cardinals offense only scored one touchdown.

I have to watch this game because I’m trying to figure out how Vince threw for 380+ and Chris Johnson ran for 180+, but they only scored 20 points.

I think Matt Leinart was probably on the phone with Paris Hilton last night trying to figure out where it all went wrong. Did you see the gleam in Fisher’s eyes BEFORE the game when he was looking at Leinart? I thought he wanted to head back to USC, mount that horse and ride off into the sunset with Matt right then and there. Afterwards, he was nearly reduced to tears. I hope Kerry’s not back on the sauce.

Interesting stuff. Up next, the undefeated Indianapolis Colts. Get your popcorn ready!

Pats are still going down! :)

3. KevDog says:

Good to see VY do so well after being benched. As you know I don’t really watch football anymore, but I used to be a big fan of college and NFL football. I still say VY was the greatest college player I ever saw.

4. 19082008 says:

If you give a chance to “Vance” (exaggerated drawled pronounciation of Vince), lovely things happen. I did have flashbacks to the Rose Bowl. Although I’m a Trojan, I prefer Vince to Matty.

KevDog:

Better than Tebow?? Hush!!

LOL!!!!!

6. KevDog says:

T3

The last football game I have watched was that Rose Bowl. Growing up in LA, I was of course rooting for USC. But when USC scored their last TD and left VY with about 2 or 3 minutes on the clock, I KNEW we had no chance. I KNEW he was going to drive the field and beat us. Dude was a Beast.

His size allows him to look over the defense. It’s what McNabb would kill for. Most qbs fold up on that first fourth down.

Kenny Britt is going to be a monster.

KevDog:

As a Michigan alum, I can empathize. He did the same thing to them. I’m not mad at him. Yesterday’s game was like a repeat of the Super Bowl on Steroids!!

99 yards — damn!! We know it’ll NEVER BE TOPPED.

Mizzo:

Last season, I didin’t think Collins was going to beat him out because in pre-season, Vince’s throws were on the money. That was in 2008. So, to see him doing this now isn’t surprising — and he has better targets than he has had in the past.

LOL That’s classic.

Nate Washington almost cost him as well.

I’ve tried to cast that Michigan game aside bruh. Braylon was a monster also. Vince could just not be stopped. That’s the game that sold me, not the USC game.

Oh, its wonderful to see so many sportswriters eating crow over VY!!!! LOVELY!

Oh yeah………..GEAUX SAINTS!

12. kos says:

T3 -
    “Justin Gage never met a pass he couldn’t drop. If passes were punani’s he’d be a 40-year old virgin.”

lol Classic. But, remember, Nate Washington also plays for the Titans, and as a Steeler fan, you know Nate might end his virgindom only two or three years before Gage!

Temple I also noticed Fisher’s bedroom eyes. A million dollars for his thoughts.

Okay — I just watched the drive. Couple of things:

1) I’ve never seen a 99-yard touchdown drive. Dorsett’s run vs. the Vikings was amazing — but it wasn’t a drive. The comparable drives that come to mind for me are:
    A: John Elway vs. the Browns.
    B: Roethlisberger vs. the Cardinals.
    C: Eli Manning vs. the Patriots.

Nothing Tom Brady has done (that I can recall) is comparable because I cannot ever recall him winning a big game with a late touchdown drive. The Tuck Rule game and all 3 Super Bowls were decided by field goals. (As many times as they’ve beaten the Steelers, maybe I’ve blocked them all out of my mind.)

2) Vince’s demeanor during the drive was cooler than cool. He looked like he was about to drive to the grocery store to get his mama some milk. It was like that. Really surreal. Before, during and after — like he saw it unfold the night before in a dream.

3) Matt Leinart went from laughing on the sideline with Kurt Warner when the Cardinals downed the ball on the 1 yard line — to sitting alone on one knee during the drive — to warming up near the end — to thinking, “Not again!” Surreal.

4) The drive started with something like 2:23 on the clock. The Titans had two timeouts. After like 10 or 12 plays, Vince was sacked with 11 seconds left by Darnell Dockett to bring up a 3rd and goal. The Titans STILL had two timeouts. Unbelievable. Amazing clock management. What a drive!!

5) The Cardinals played a lot of 4-2-5 on the final drive and when they didn’t blitz, those two linebackers were effectively out of the play. They were trying to contain Vince’s running — but he didn’t need to run. The Titans drove down the field by attacking with cross routes behind the linebackers and underneath the DBs.

6) When the Titans did blitz, Vince either managed to escape the pocket and throw the ball away OR remain in the pocket and complete passes to receivers who were able to get out of bounds.

7) On the touchdown to Britt, he stepped up in the pocket, deliberately looked to his left and ripped it to the right as Britt cut back along the end line. Strike — money — game over.

Whew!!

With his size, strength and speed I think he was confident he could have ran it in. Some cats are just special and you spoke of his poise on that 99 yard drive. The number alone is unique. I watched Monday night game when Dorsett ran down the right sideline but yeah…a 99 yard drive with two timeouts left? Goodness.

Legacy shaking. I can’t wait to see what he’s gonna do next.

Good for him. Do your thing Young homie!!!

17. Eric Daniels says:

VY looked great and he has a chance to be unstoppable as a QB especially with Chris Johnson at RB they have a great one-two punch in the backfield. Indy better watch out they can’t blitz Vince anymore without paying the price

As far as tonight, and like I was telling Temple, this game reminds me of Dolphins/Bears 1985. Remember that ridiculous tip pass for the Dolphin score? I think it was O.J. McDuffie. Trust there is incentive (outside of the obvious of course) for the Pats to win this game.

VY is gonna be in that dude’s nightmares for the rest of his days.

20. Matthew Fudge says:

Those crickets you hear are from MSM after dogging him the year before.

21. Matthew Fudge says:

Honestly, I didn’t think he’d get it together this soon. Gotta give him his due.

I concur sir. Them damn pink socks and flip floppers…

“The drive started with something like 2:23 on the clock. The Titans had two timeouts. After like 10 or 12 plays, Vince was sacked with 11 seconds left by Darnell Dockett to bring up a 3rd and goal. The Titans STILL had two timeouts. Unbelievable. Amazing clock management. What a drive!!”

You will never see that clock management from Andy Reid.

Good break down Brotha Temple.

I also say the replay of the Drive and Vince was calm as a cookie. The dude has the calmness of Montana on drives like this.

I have watched him since he was a freshman at Texas and he has always been like that.

And like Kevdog said VY is the greatest College player I have ever seen.

Another thing Temple that folks fail to realize is that not only his size but his release actually helps him get the ball away pretty quick on some of those blitzes. He can change the angle of his releases ala Kurt warmer. Plus he can change his release to a quick flick of the wrist throw. Look at the drive when the Cardinals blitz him up the middle on 99 yard drive. His relase was so quick they didn’t get there quick enough.

He is a very unique player with his size and his mobility. Also people fail to realize how good a passer he actually is. He throws a very good catchable ball.

And what I love the best is that he is very similar to Mcnabb when he was young when it came to running. Vince will pick up the yards and run out of bounds……so he rarely gets hit.

I remember him discussing that Mcnair taught him at a young age to run out of bounds.

In saying all of this I have never doubted this young man. I unlike many others acknowledged that he was a football prodigy that was taught by a should be HOF QB every summer since he was 15. Every summer he and Mcnair worked out……….even in college.

People always talk about how some up an coming QB was sent to such and such QB school. Or how they were trained to be a NFL QB at a young age. But some how no one has ever takes into account that VY had been trained since he was 15. By one of the greatest all around QBs to ever play the game.

24. Matthew Fudge says:

Is his release quicker than Marino’s?

No just saying that he can deliver that quick wrist release when he has too.

I remember in his rookie year John Madden was breaking down his different release points and ability to do the quick wrist release.

Dang I kinda miss John he was one of the few announcers that even acknowledge players besides the golden boys were actually intelligent.

I mean madden actually said that Mcnabb was a smart player. Heck he use to say that Marshell Faulk was the smartest player in all of Football.

Temple another thing is Vince is extremely comfortable in the shotgun. This is another reason why he is so successful in 2 minute drills.

He played in the shotgun alot in high school and in College.

27. TC says:

Glad to see how well Vince doin’ it. I loved him @ Texas, never doubted kid. Do it big, V.

I’m glad to see he’s back!!!

29. [...] Tillery has awesome weekly NFL wrap-ups, here’s week 12 { The Starting Five } Mike also did a very insightful interview with one of my favorite journalist Steven A. Smith, [...]

30. [...] Tillery has awesome weekly NFL wrap-ups, here’s week 12 { The Starting Five } Mike also did a very insightful interview with one of my favorite journalist Steven A. Smith, [...]