Nah, I ain’t French, but Savoir-Faire is everywhere! Better stop kicking to this dude. Better stop letting him run crossing routes and exploiting ya coverage. Better stop letting him ball out on national television. Better stop doubting the Eagles. They’re out to getcha. Leonard Weaver is Tom Rathman. Vick is comfortable and confident. 5 is 5. The Eagles offensive woes inside the five are over. Despite their very glaring defensive shortcomings, the Eagles look as strong offensively as any team in the Lig. Earlier, we spoke about the Eagles having all their weapons on the field at the same time. Last night it went down and Westbrook and Maclin were out. What the hell is any defense going to do when they are all on the field? All of them. oh OH. DeSean Jackson is becoming a legendary NFL player right in front of the world (Did you see him Jerkin’ before he scored and then again in the end zone?). He sets NFL record with 8th TD over 50 yards. In defeating the Giants 45-38, the Eagles are in 1st place in the NFC East. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, this game is one of many the Eagles have to win on the road to their SB goal. This was one game. Don’t get too hype Philly. You’ve seen this before.

Thursday, December 10, 2009
Pittsburgh 0 3 3 0 6
Cleveland 3 10 0 0 13
We already talked about this one
Leader Pittsburgh Cleveland
Passing Big Ben 201 Quinn 90
Rushing Mendenhall 53 Cribbs 87
Receiving Holmes 93 Massaquoi 37
Sunday, December 13, 2009
New Orleans 3 13 7 3 26
Atlanta 6 3 7 7 23
NO got luckier than a mug
Leader New Orleans Atlanta
Leader Green Bay Chicago
Passing AR 180 Cutler 209
Rushing Grant 137 Forte 51
Receiving Finley 70 Knox 83
Seattle 0 7 0 0 7
Houston 17 7 10 0 34
Houston is on the skitz fam
Leader Seattle Houston
Passing MH 247 Schaub 365
Rushing Jones 39 R. Moats 43
Receiving TJ 52 AJ 193
Denver 0 7 0 9 16
Indianapolis 14 7 0 7 28
Brandon Marshall sets NFL record
Leader Denver Indianapolis
Passing Orton 277 Manning 220
Rushing Moreno 63 Addai 67
Receiving BM 200 Addai 49
Miami 7 7 0 0 14
Jacksonville 0 7 3 0 10
Jax is another team on the skitz
Leader Miami Jacksonville
Leader NY Jets Tampa Bay
Passing Clemens 111 Freeman 93
Rushing Jones 99 Freeman 21
Receiving BE 37 Winslow 26
Washington 7 10 0 17 34
Oakland 3 7 3 0 13
Washington stepped up out there
Leader Washington Oakland
Passing Campbell 222 Gradkowski 153
Rushing Ganther 50 2 tied with 21
Receiving SM 58 McFadden 84
St. Louis 0 0 0 7 7
Tennessee 14 9 10 14 47
Chris Johnson is the real Flash
Leader St. Louis Tennessee
Passing Null 157 Collins 154
Rushing Darby 51 Johnson 117
Receiving BG 43 Britt 75
San Diego 7 3 0 10 20
Dallas 3 0 7 7 17
Gonna sing it the whole month of Dec
Leader San Diego Dallas
Monday, December 14, 2009
I picked SF 24-21 ESPN
Arizona (8-4)
San Francisco (5-7)
This game is gonna affect the Power Rankings

The Bump and Run…

15 Responses to “The Starting Five NFL Week 14 Recap: The Philadelphia Creme Is Juke Boxin’ to the Top”

1. thebrotherreport says:

In regards to Jackson, all I can do is quote my son, “Nobody can catch DeSean Jackson Dad.”

Memo to Giants defensive coaching staff:

You do know DeSean Jackson will catch those balls if you let him run free don’tcha?

Yo Mizz,

Big Red is getting kinda froggy now with this team isn’t he? For all his flaws as a coach the guy has no problem cracking a smile on the sideline or even celebrating with his players. That chest/back bump with DJax is going to be a viral classic in Philly.

Oh yeah, I’ll eat some more crow because I wasn’t impressed with DJax coming out of college because of his size but damn if I’m not a believer now. Him, 3Soul5, and Vick doing what they do along with the other guys on the offense is becoming scary. Who da hell says the Vikes and Saints are the class of the NFC? Not so damn fast.

Brent Celek will fight ya

The Eagles might be hitting their stride at the right time. If so, that’s bad news for the rest of the NFC. But what I would like to see more from them is running the ball with Weaver in short yardage situations and in the red zone just to keep defenses honest.

MV7 looks like he’s in game shape and his confidence is off the charts. Not good for the rest of the NFC.

McNabb will break all your fingers hummin’ the ball and Celek stepped up last night with a mush thumb. Impressive.

In all the press conferences I’ve been a part of I never asked Big Red about his plans for Vick because it seemed inconceivable he was not going to be used.

Mike is chill in the locker room. His handlers keep everyone off and out of his way but that will change as his production and success rises.

The league is shook right now because Andy as you say bruh is feeling himself for the first time. He knows what he has and to be doing this without Westbrook is absurd but we all know who it begins and ends with…

Triple 5 Soul.

Reggie Brown blew a huge opportunity to make a difference last night. I’ve been very critical of Brown over the years because he just doesn’t seem to fight for yards with the first down sticks in his sights. He did have a big catch on the last drive but dammit you gotta want it!

I truly feel the loss to the Saints was a blessing in disguise. 5 being out and Kolb amassing 391 without sustaining drives exposes the Saints backfield for what it is.

They have to continue to use Weaver. Feature him and use McCoy as that versatile back he wants to be.

The Eagles just have the Giants number. I asked Andy a couple of weeks back if he feels he has a favorable match up against NY and he simply said, “We feel we can do some things.”

The Eagles have not lost to the Giants since Plaxico Burress left the team.

Telling.

Brandon Marshall is here in two weeks and coming off 21 balls, he will be primed to exploit the Eagles secondary. Crabtree this week as well.

December ain’t a problem, January is.

Every team is banged up. The Cardinals are stepping up. Don’t be surprised if the same two teams fight for the Super Bowl again.

I have to give NO credit for winning games they should have lost. Those wins will bode well when it’s time to put up or shut up. Their offense is obviously dynamic and with so many different players running all over the field they are gonna be tough to beat.

Dallas is done. Expect mad changes. Ed Werder and company thought it was all about TO, but look at them now.

Appreciate the updates last night Nubian. Kept me sane at work fam.

Yo Ron, that is a classic moment between Father and son.

I said it before……DeSean Jackson officially made the Giants his bitches.

I think Philly is the only team right now to match the Saints offense weapon for weapon. It is truly a scary thought for McNabb, Vick, Jackon, Weaver, Celek and Macklin to be on the field at the same time. If Westbrook were healthy, oh my God….

No problem Mizz. Glad I could help you out.

10. Big Man says:

Since they appear to have lost the ability to play defense I wouldn’t be too worried about the Iggles.
    And the Eagles don’t have as many offensive weapons as the Saints. Saints are deeper at wideout, better at running back, and better at tight end.

I don’t think the Eagles woes inside the five yard line are over. The Giants defense has about as many holes as the Eagles defense. I am impressed with the offense, but the Giants’ defense is not as stout up front as Minnesota or Arizona. Those are the two teams in the NFC where the linebackers don’t have to gamble to help the DT’s.

I like Philadelphia’s newfound dedication to the run game. I thought it was pivotal last night, but I don’t think the RZ stuff is a wrap. I like what Vick is doing.

With that said, I did pick Philly to beat Minnesota in the playoffs. I don’t know how that happens unless Hanson picks his game up and Asante slows his game down.

I’m wondering if I like Arizona as much as I did last year. I think the Saints and Vikings are toughest in RZ right now. Should be interesting. I hope those are the final four teams in the NFC — should make for some seeeeeerious playoff football.

Man — y’all get so souped up so fast. Zero to 60 in a single victory.

That’s why Eagles’ fans are always falling so hard. There is alot of football left to play. Best of luck this year — but y’all should slow up just a ‘lil bit.

So, just for a little perspective: the only NFC teams to allow more points than the Giants are Tampa, St. Louis and Detroit. I’m jes sayin’.

What ya’ll don’t read the posts anymore? If that’s the case, I’ll just put up the scores. That’s why I wrote this fam:

“In defeating the Giants 45-38, the Eagles are in 1st place in the NFC East. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, this game is one of many the Eagles have to win on the road to their SB goal. This was one game. Don’t get too hype Philly. You’ve seen this before.

Like I’ve said all night speaking with folk here and there, the question is if this young talented offense is able to step up in the clutch when Donovan McNabb needs them the most. We’ll see. Like Temple said earlier, the loss of Stewart Bradley might come back to haunt this team when the hot is the hottest…but…there are no dominant teams in the NFL despite some unblemished records so…”

Here’s the thing, when you see a team up close and they go up to one of their most heated rival’s cribs and bust their ass…in the last meeting there…and the other team needs to win? That’s definitive. Of course the season has to play out. Of course…of course…of course but Andy showed me something yesterday and I would say the Eagles goal line offense is set as long as Andy has a package for Vick and Weaver. It would appear he does.

A lot of folk are dismissing the Eagles because the Saints blew them out here. I will say it to my grave that a HOF caliber qb makes a whole helluva lotta lotta difference than a cat shell shocked making his first start.

I ain’t sold on the Saints. I’m more impressed with the Vikes because of their defense. The Saints are as banged up as anybody in the league in the defensive backfield and Big Man yeah it would appear the Saints are deeper offensively, but don’t count out Michael Vick.

I just turned to espn for the game….who the hell let Stuart Scott out da house with that tie on?

The stretch run should be interesting. The Saints look really tired. They’ve been on an emotional roller coaster for a long time. That Patriots game probably took a great deal out of them mentally — but they’ve continued to win. I think they’ll be well rested by the time they play their next important game. Will they be rusty, too?

This playoff season, the NFC should showcase four or five of the best QBs in the game. McNabb and Vick (even at this stage), Brees, Favre, Rodgers, Warner…

Miranda — that tie is ugh-lee!