Rest In Peace Chris Henry (May 17, 1983 – December 17, 2009)

NPR

Does it get any more sobering than this? Chris passed at 6:36 this morning. We don’t know the extent of what happened yesterday so anyone commenting without any true knowledge is being irresponsible. It’s unfortunate that it’s gonna take someone dying to take a little edge off the Tiger story. Respect must go out to Mike Brown for deciding to bring Chris back after the move was met with subtle and not so subtle resistance. Life is so unpredictable.

Chris has been out with a forearm since November and to have this happen mere months before he and his fiancee were to get married leaves you speechless. Anyone have that feeling in your heart that I have right now? That empty shaking your head kind of emotion …where the finality of it all seeps deep down into your spirit and waits until you realize whatever is going on in your life is irrelevant because there are people dying.

This is why I hug mine. This is why I speak to mine. This is why for granted you must not take time…

RIP Chris Henry

The Enquirer/Jeff Swinger

10 Responses to “Rest In Peace Chris Henry (May 17, 1983 – December 17, 2009)”

1. thebrotherreport says:

What’s most sickening is that these aren’t men and women dying from natural causes or disease – I can live with that. They’re dying at the hands of other individuals and their deaths leave more questions than answers.

This has definitely been a year where death has dominated the headlines.

2. Jerold Wells Jr says:

TBR: Death has certainly been a headliner this year.

I’ve had SOOOOO many convos with Mizzo about women and relationships. I can’t help but feel a hurt deep inside when I think about CH’s death. I mean dude was 26. Yo, I’M 26!!!! Here is a man that has struggled with and battled through personal and professional turmoil only to lose his life in a domestic dispute. I’m stunned.

As written in the article above, there aren’t enough facts yet to be sure of much but CH had to be on something serious to jump into the bed of a truck that was either moving or starting moving soon after he jumped into it.

I’m not so much mad as I am disapointed and saddened. Like I said, I’m 26. That coulda been me. We didn’t lose a football player, we lost a man. A black man. A black man trying to be a father to his children.

That’s just too much to lose.

That video of Chad is just heart-breaking.

My heart goes out to his family…..especially his children.

May his ka (soul) finds its way into Amenta (the spirit world).

T3, I could not help buy wipe tears watching Chad speak. To me, Chad’s reaction is all I needed to see to tell me about the person Chris Henry was.

7. Matthew Fudge says:

R.I.P., bruh.

8. J says:

Rest In Peace #!5. Watched you play as a Mountaineer and Bengal, always loved and respected how you played the game. I was glad to see that things were turning around for you this year, and then this…no words to explain it. Really hoping the Bengals can gather the strength to win a super bowl to honor his memory.

9. [...] Rest In Peace Chris Henry (May 17, 1983 – December 17, 2009) | The … Tags: cincinnati enquirer, dispatcher, half mile, henry family, residential road, unidentified man [...]

10. [...] more reasons than one.  There were some great games this weekend, but the biggest story of all was the tragic loss of Chris Henry.  Gone too [...]