I picked DAL 33-31 and INDY 30-10. Just thought the Cowboys had to win and shut up all that December BS. Gotta give it to Romo. He’s ballin’ right now and so will 81. Randy Moss ain’t no punk chumps. He will not be faded. Expect three touchdowns from the bad man.

The teams mentioned in the title have something to prove every single week until it’s all said and done. There’s no turning back or making excuses for miscues, slip ups or injuries. Yeah, there are others who have to win to get into the playoffs but the pressure is on these teams to perform or their collective seasons will take a terrible turn. Philly has to win after the Cowboys big win if they want to make their Jan. 3 showdown for all the NFC East marbles. Don’t give up on Pittsburgh just yet because the Steelers have as much pride as any franchise in any sport combined. 43 missing is obviously something to cry home about, but win here and something different end of the year happens.

THU, DEC 17 HI PASSING HI RUSHING HI RECEIVING
Indianapolis 35, Jacksonville 31 Manning 308 Jones-Drew 110 Wayne 132
SAT, DEC 19 HI PASSING HI RUSHING HI RECEIVING
Dallas 24, New Orleans 17 Romo 312 Barber 62 Austin 139
SUN, DEC 20 TIME (ET) TV PREDICTION SKINNY
New England at Buffalo 1:00 PM CBS NE 22-18 R. Moss will rock ya
Arizona at Detroit 1:00 PM FOX ARI 28-17 Statement game for ARI
Miami at Tennessee 1:00 PM CBS TENN 27-26 Another big VY win
Cleveland at Kansas City 1:00 PM CBS KC 3-2 Watch infomercials
Houston at St. Louis 1:00 PM CBS HOU 20-10 Hou will you come on!
Atlanta at NY Jets 1:00 PM FOX NYJ 25-20 Jets get back on track
Oakland at Denver 4:05 PM CBS DEN 33-20 DEN gears up for stretch
Cincinnati at San Diego 4:05 PM CBS CINCY 38-33 Game of day RIP 15
Tampa Bay at Seattle 4:15 PM FOX SEA 32-23 Blah
Chicago at Baltimore 4:15 PM FOX BAL 17-14 Baltimore says yeah
San Francisco at Philadelphia 4:15 PM FOX PHI 17-3 Beware of 52 and 85 PHI
Green Bay at Pittsburgh 4:15 PM FOX PITT 23-17 It’s never over
Minnesota at Carolina 8:20 PM NBC MINN 34-24 Keeps it movin’
MON, DEC 21 TIME (ET) TV PREDICTION SKINNY
NY Giants at Washington 8:30 PM ESPN NYG 13-10 Gonna be cold

25 Responses to “The Starting Five NFL Week 15 Picks: ARI, BAL, NYG, PITT, NE, PHI, TENN? Put Up or Shut Up!”

What a lot of great finishes (well…great depending on what team you were rooting for).

Congrats to Jamarcus Russell…I guess you want ere body to know your career aint dead yet!!!

Mark Sanchez should still be at USC

The Steelers pulled out a stunner! Poor Packers, that’s GOT to sting badly

Ummmmm…why come all of these writers in the msm so mum about Jay Cutler?? LMAO…oh, do they think we’ve forgotten how they slobbered all over his move to Chi-town and said he was “the answer”??? Its like a memo went out instructing everyone to just never mention Cutler and pretend he doesn’t exist! LOL Oh well…two more interceptions for him today, he’s well on his way to a record.

You mean a record by the cat they most compare him to?

The Pittsburgh play made my day.

yes Mizzo! That cat who added to his OWN record tonight by the way!

And Mizz…………..let it be said, let it be known…DeSean Jackson IS DA TRUTH. He’s like a video game character come to life! So lets start the petition right now to keep him off the front of Madden next season so he won’t suffer the madden curse…ya with me!?!

Miranda

One of the lightest, if not the lightest, players in the NFL will break the Madden curse and that will be DJax. All he has to do is ball until he falls in the playoffs and not only will he own Philly but the rest of the LIG as a crossover star. Check out the Eagles website because they have him up there looking like he’s an Ebony Man model. This kid is about to take off.

Mizz

Liked the Eagles game today. Good defensive pressure from the front four and the secondary causing turnovers. The offense showing the big play capabilities and stringing together long time-consuming drives. The hometeam is looking good at the right time but I’ll keep my mouth shut about how good they can be and just enjoy the ride.

Oh yeah, Triple Soul 5 is my boy but I’ll always have love for the way Big Ben plays the game. That was a great game winning pass.

Both of you shuuuuush. Shuuush please. :)

That Big Ben pass was historic. Boss. I love that his receivers lay out like that.

Frozen Rope!

I’ll have a lot more to say about the Steeler game after I see the entire game. I saw the last drive. That was a classic pass. I was telling a friend of mine that that’s Ben’s throw — the 25-40 yard out or comeback. I think he throws it better than anyone. It reminded me of the Super Bowl pass to Holmes.

I felt like the Steelers set up that pass and that coverage by successfully using Heath Miller on the drive. When Miller went down the seam on the final play, and on the same side as Holmes and Ward, the defense had to go with him. The pass and catch were absolutely perfect and the defense was solid. If that pass is anywhere else, it is an incompletion and GB wins and we’re all talking about a fundamentally sound on-side call by Mike Tomlin.

Tomlin’s got balls. On a five-game winning streak, with a slim lead, he rolls the dice (smartly) to give his OFFENSE time to win a game where his DEFENSE is incapable of holding it down. They had 6 guys around the ball. That’s the kind of coaching a team needs during a time like this. The defense played great ball through the first 11 weeks (for the most part), but they’re older in key positions and inexperienced in others. They can’t do it all — so this was a good win for the Steelers…and it’s nice to see Heath Miller get some burn.

By the way — I told y’all about Mike Wallace back in October:

Six teams in the AFC are 7-7. Two are 8-6. Crazy.

I’ll stick by two claims I made earlier this season: 1) the Vikings are going to be a tough out, but…2) if you stop Adrian Peterson, Brett Favre is not going to beat you in the playoffs.

Three teams have stuffed AP on the ground this season: Pittsburgh, Arizona and Carolina. The Vikings are 0-3 in those games. Favre’s throw 2 touchdowns and 4 picks. Both passing TD’s were against AZ.

And don’t look now, but Brett Favre has just played his third consecutive game with a passer rating below 80. The Vikings beat up on Detroit, Seattle and Chicago — but it’s been a lot of tough sledding since that game at Lambeau. Peterson hasn’t had a RUN longer than 16 yards since Week 10.

I think Minnesota needs a pillow and a bye week.

True Temple.

But the Vikings will most likely be playing in a Dome.

Those games were on the road in the open weather……..yeah arizone was in a Dome(was the roof open?).

Even if he goes to N.O………the fans may be split. Cause Farve is from Kiln which is 1 hour from there and he played at USM which is 1 and 1/2 hours from N.O.

Plus N.O. is crappy against the run.

Anyway……..who saw this the other day??

Funny how some people love folks when they save their tail……again.

Can’t see the image…but I bet it’s that image of Fisher walking with Vince like VY is taking him to the prom.

BTW, Origin, I’m not suggesting that New Orleans is the team to knock off the Vikings. I think Philly or Arizona have better run defenses and are best equipped to knock off the Vikings. I said that the day Favre signed with Minnesota.

New Orleans needs the same pillow that Minnesota does. I don’t think the fans in N.O. will be split. You think some of them will just sit quietly in their seats on 3rd and 7 when the Saints defense needs a Red Zone stop and Jonathan Vilma and Darren Sharper are waving their hands in the air for crowd support? If the Saints lose, their fans may well say, “If we had to lose, I’m glad it was to Brett.”

If they shut it down during the game, they’re not fans, they’re residents.

@Origin….

Man, that pic is hilarious! :-)

Yeap thats what it is Temple.

I can’t believe that the Eagles run D would stop AP.

Only way that Run D stops AP is because Childress stops handing him the ball.

Oh and don’t forget that Harvin isn’t healthy either.

13. kos says:

Origin-

Funny you have that pic up there. Last night on the NFL Network, when they flashed that scene up, Deion said something to the effect “Yeah, this from the man that benched you twice.” Vince didn’t look too happy in that scene. I’m sure that even though he’s kept quiet, Vince doesn’t trust Fisher any more.

The Vikes are definitely beatable, if they have to depend on Brett Favre. All of the teams that have given the Vikes an L or come close to it this year have stout run defenses that shut down AP. That leads to Favre throwing more, and even though he’s having a career year, he’s still just as apt to throw an INT if depended on too much. I could see Philly, Dallas, or ‘Zona giving them lots of trouble, even in the Dome.

Did you all hear that Childress was ’bout to bench Brett and they went at it on the sidelines?

I guess that change is in the wind.

“Tarvaris Jackson, you are now on the clock.”

Three consecutive games with a rating under 80 and an inability to make plays when the blocking breaks down. Childress is panicking. I know this is reverberating throughout the locker room. If TJ can learn from what VY did, he can move mountains with this team next season.

Do not be surprised if Philly is the NFC’s number 2 team heading into the playoffs.

Vince Young has to win some type of award right?

Mizzo:

I think VY is probably the Comeback Player of the Year. I haven’t thought long and hard about this, but I don’t see another close competitor. He’s making some really spectacular throws. Its damn sure not going to the “Pimp Dem Hoes, Baby Daddy QB” with the jittery arm up in New England.

Yeah of course. Pardon my sarcasm. He’d better win CPOY that’s for damn sure.

As far as Brett Favre…dude has to come out the game if Childress calls for it. He’s the coach right?

If this was any other player, there would be a media outrage. Interesting to see how this plays out.

I told ya’ll to shuuuuush and I then say don’t be surprised about the Eagles ending in the number 2 slot? Sheesh.

Vick…

Thigh bruise. He’ll be straight for Weapon X return day.

Sorry for the threadjack, but this commercial is just too funny. Don’t know if yall seen it or not but i just had to share…..lol.

“Lebron rose up, looked at him again, said ‘Merry X-mas blitz(bitch!)’, and shattered the rim”.

I cant WAIT to see Favre’s “Childress, tell me how my ass taste!” video on youtube!

4 calls him Chilly. Miranda that would be hilarious. I can hear the banjos in the background.

Kinda like Toby Keith here.

Mark it down, that puppet video will be classic. The Blast Master all jolly? Loved it. Thanks.

Perxactly Mizz!!

If I was a Viking I would make myself Favre’s best friend. Then when i didnt wanna do shit, I’d tell my friend #4 to tell his hand puppet that I wasnt gonna be doing shit so dont trip.

I guess the question for me is whether Ziggy wants to roll with a 41 year-old Brett Favre NEXT season. If he does, he can just replace Childress with Darrell Bevel. At this point, Favre is such a cash cow (gate, merch., ads, ratings, media) that it makes very little fiscal sense to support Childress — and maybe even less football sense.

If Childress really tried wanted to take Favre out of two games and never did it, he really is toothless. You simply cannot use that as a “chess piece” then put it back in your pocket. I can see Brett blowing on the coach’s bishop right now. That move is OFF the board.

At this juncture, I don’t see how a player could possibly honor/respect Childress as the leader of the franchise. A friend of mine was saying that the Vikings should have used some “Wildcat” plays throughout the season to get Tarvaris some touches and keep him involved in the offense.

I just don’t see how this team gets it together for a strong post-season run. Childress is the odd man out because he is an offensive coach whose services are redundant with Favre/Bevel. The defense is led by Leslie Frazier — they don’t need Childress either.

I bet he had some serious angst the entire time he was rolling to fetch Herr Favre down in Mi-crooked letter-crooked letter…

24. kos says:

It’s a situation that Childress created. He’s the one that wanted Favre, and now he is living with those consequences. He’s the one that thought a qb that only had 19 regular season games of starting under his belt should have been a finished product.

Wonder how the locker room is and who are the players following. My guess after seeing Childress the other night is they’re following Favre. Now, Childress might have the better idea on how to go deep into the playoffs, Adrian Peterson’s legs, but with Childress backing down, the players probably trust Favre’s arm more.

Favre has too good of a relationship with the press for Childress to do anything to him without him looking like the bad guy. That’s one thing Childress didn’t think about when he was schmoozing Favre. Childress may have inadvertently ended up ruining his own career rolling the dice on Favre.

Absolutely. Dilfer and Mortensen (unreliable as they may be) both indicated the locker room is with Favre — but that’s human nature. Once the authority falls on its own sword, there is no reason to prop it back up. Dead is as dead does.