The Starting Five 2010 Wildcard Weekend Predictions

Anyone else find it incredibly wild three of this weeks matchups ended in shutouts last week? What are the odds? Do you think the losing coaches decided to pull off the throttle early and keep those pocket aces in hand? There’s a lot of star power on display in a week that could spell the end of Donovan McNabb’s career in Philly. The road teams have the most difficult shot t going all the way, but it does happen, so fans of underdogs should not give up hope. Make sure your wings and favorite beverage are close by because these games will be exciting.

SAT, JAN 9 TIME (ET) TV PREDICTION SKINNY SKIN SKIN
NY Jets at Cincinnati 4:30 PM NBC CINCY 22-13 The Bengals have had a great season. In the wake of 15′s death, it won’t stop now. Cincy has the talent to go all the way.
Philadelphia at Dallas 8:00 PM NBC PHILLY 28-26 Eagles averaged 8 points vs. the Cowboys in two contests and will have to get out of the shoot early. This could be Donovan’s last game as an Eagle. He will not go out like a sucker. Michael Vick will have a hand in the decision..as will Trent Cole.
SUN, JAN 10 TIME (ET) TV PREDICTION SKINNY SKIN SKIN
Baltimore at New England 1:00 PM CBS BAL 18-15 The 2009 Comeback Player of the Year has no 2009-2010 comeback left. Ray Lewis has like 206 tackles.
Green Bay at Arizona 4:40 PM FOX ARI 26-20 Cardinals show last week was an anomaly. Boldin is banged up ankle bad, but you know what that means…11  and Darnell Dockett show and continue to prove.

22 Responses to “The Starting Five 2010 Wildcard Weekend Predictions”

We got a snow day!
    We got a snow day!
    (y’all know even the threat of snow throw us in hysteria down in the A)

Anyway, Philly betta win because I got a pair of fly boots ridin on that game! I hope the Ravens throttle the Pats and the Bengals whup on the Jets.

That’s crazy Miranda. Kick ya Friday feet up and enjoy :)

I haven’t made my picks yet — but intuitively, I agree with Mizzo on 3 of the games. Try as I might, I can’t see Philly winning that game.

I will say two things in their favor: 1) The Eagles can only be shutout if they want to be shutout. 2) In 2007, Dallas beat the Giants twice during the regular season and lost to them at home in the playoffs.

The Cowboys were overconfident in that game and it showed. That was probably the wake up call for this team to not take the Eagles lightly.

4. kos says:

I also agree with Mizzo on 3 of the 4 games. However, the one that I disagree with him on is the Green Bay-Arizona game. Green Bay is heading into the playoffs on a roll. If not for an amazing catch by Mike Wallace in Pittsburgh, they’d have an 8-game winning streak.

Aaron Rodgers had himself a great season against anyone not named the Minnesota Vikings. If Arizona can get a good pass rush against Rodgers, and he reverts to holding the ball too long or the line doesn’t block as well as they have been, then I can see the Cardinals winning. I just don’t see a repeat of last year for the Cardinals. They aren’t going to surprise teams this year.

5. In order for the Eagles to win tomorrow, they better hit the Cowboys in the mouth early and often and not let up. We will now see how creative Sean McDermott can be as a defensive coordinator. He’s gonna have to mix up blitzes from all over the field. The key is not to overpursue and most of all have help on the back end. AND PLEASE WRAP THE DAMN GUY UP!!!

On offense, outside of Nick Cole I believe Leonard Weaver is the key to this thing, he’s like a second tight end with hands and speed comparable if not better than Celek’s. As a runner, I would give him 10-12 carries. McCoy and Westbrook will be used in space and screens with 10-12 carries. I’m rushing the ball 35-40 times, with slants and 3-4 deep balls downfield. I’m looking for Jason Avant to be a key factor in the passing game.

6. GrandNbuian says:

My picks are as follows:

(Jets @ Bengals)

Both teams are one-dimensional but the Jets are riding on a wave of confidence after destroying them last week. The Bengals don’t have anyone to stretch the field to keep NY’s defense honest.

Jets 24 Bengals 16

—————————————-

(Eagles @ Cowboys)

Dallas is hot at the right time and they’ve beat the Eagles twice already. It’s hard to three-peat against one of your rivals and this game is no exception. Until Tony Romo wins a playoff game, I STILL say he chokes in this one. Philly is a team that plays well when their backs are against the wall. Westbrook has a big day and Philly’s WRs make huge plays in this one.

Eagles 31 Cowboys 27

————————————

(Baltimore @ New England)

The Ravens are like “Jeckyll & Hide”. You never know which team is gonna show up. The good news for them is that they’ve committed to running the ball, which is the chief reason why they made the playoffs. The bad news is that they’ll try to get in a shoot-out with NE. NE’s secondary has been playing well in the second half of the season. Even without Wes Welker, the Pats win this close game.

Patriots 28 Ravens 24

—————————–

(GreenBay @ Arizona)

The Cardinals are playing at home but don’t look for them to repeat last year’s miracle run to the SB. I look for the Pack to try and establish the run and wear down the Cards defense. Aaron Rodgers throws for 300+ and 3TDs.

Packers 33 Cardinals 20

You guys hear Mora got the booooot?

After one season — and with eyes on Carroll — maybe Seattle has hooked the big fish. Otherwise, that was a very quick trigger. The window to get Pete Carroll is small, so this would be a big move.

Yeah. Looks like Caroll will be rescued from definite sanctions.

I really think this is where Larry Johnson makes his impact.

Looks like Seattle was courting Caroll all along, huh? I still question whether or not he can turn things around in Seattle. Should be interesting.

The Larry Johnson comment was regarding the Cincy/Jets game.

Yeah brotha there’s a lot to change up there. The first word I think of is soft.

Isn’t Marvin Lewis the guru, master teacher, bone crusher, blitz bringin’, arm swingin’ architect of all that moved in Baltimore? If records reflect accurately, no one has ever done a BETTER job than Mr. Lewis. It’s awful quiet out there when to giving Stone Cold Marvin his proper propers.

Carroll’s a teacher…not a disciplinarian. The Jets and Pats needed a stronger hand when he was there. If he runs a tight ship, they’re gonna whoop some ass. Book it. Carroll can coach ‘em up.

He’s about to go 5 years 35 mil. Damn that’s some loot.

16. eric daniels says:

Bengals over Jets
    Ravens over Pats
    Cardinals over Packers
    Eagles over Cowboys

17. Patrick says:

Jets.
    Patriots.
    Eagles.
    Packers.

Some questions I have…

1. Will Larry Johnson play a bigger role in Jets-Bengals moreso than Cedric Benson or even Chad Johnson?

2. Will Michael Vick receive significant playing time or will McNabb throw the ball 50+ times? Will Marion Barber and Felix Jones steal the shine from Romo by running for 100 yards apiece…?

3. Cardinals are at home, but can the Packers team limit costly penalties and will Ryan Grant be a factor?

Looks like i’m about to be 1 for 1 in my first pick. The Jets look like they will pull the upset.

If anyone can tell me why I picked Dallas here and Philly on my own site, I’d love to know. Toodles…I’m off to rehab! ROTFLMBAO

20. I’m on my way to the Ben Franklin Bridge. Gotta beat the rush.

T3,

I guess you were trying to make sure you made the correct pick……lol.

Played both end against the middle.