As Syracuse goes down and yet another #1 seed says one love, ponder what it all means. Think about it…Georgetown gets blasted like Agent Smith, I don’t know what the hell is going on with the South, Kansas gets shocked…what’s the deal? Is it the year of the upset, smaller conferences are just that good or are bigger conferences overrated? If Kentucky loses to Cornell…

14 Responses to “Friday Fire: Kansas, Georgetown, Syracuse, Villanova, etc….Brackets Busted: What is Going On?”

Maybe the 3 freshman will take it. Long live the FAB FIVE!!!

I can’t remember the last time that two number 1 seeds were bounced so quickly. I’m not surprised that Syracuse lost to Butler. Even at full strength, that would have been a tough game for them to win. Kansas’ loss was more surprising, but stylistically, we’ve seen it before. It was the classic contrast in styles that the tournament highlights.

Just a quick thought:

Some friends of mine were going off on the Selection Committee for the bracket assignment given to Duke. They thought the bracket was simply too easy. When that happens, it means the other brackets get overloaded.

T3,

You’re not alone in that thought regarding Duke.

I think the year count is 206 brothas.

“I think Duke has played in relatively easy brackets for about 25 years — but that’s me.”

Yes Temple you are correct.

Duke has been given a easy road year after year after year.

I said before the selection that they would get a easy bracket.
    Them jokers probably even get an easy brackets on EA’s NCAA Basketball 2010 game too.

Michelle them Kentucky young guns about to win the thing. I picked them before the season started. Only team that was in their way was kansas. But they are done.

Why oh why did I pick the freakin’ ‘Cuse?

Ten dollars lost

Auuugh!!!

8. Jerold Wells Jr says:

Kentucky has to be the prohibitive favorite at this point. I love what Calipari has them doing in the tournament. Dominating. UK is the worsst enemy of UK. The turnovers. The bad shots. Forsaking the inside game. If they can go on a sustained, balanced run and keep up the defensive intensity, they’ll win it.

West Virginia isn’t going to fold. And if the game is close in the final minute or two, Butler can flat out knock down shots.

Lastly, Kentucky is a HORRIBLE free throw shooting team. FTs have cost Calipari before.

Duke is everything that is right wiith college basketball. Depending on who you listen to, lol. They recruit the type of guys they want and don’t waver in thier philosophy. Duke plays defense as well. Pretty good defense. Can they be dominated physically? Yeah. Can they score in the low hole this year? Nope. They do, however, have a helluva head coach. Bobby Knight’s prize pupil baby.

Kansas St., Baylor, Michigan St., UK , Tennessee and WVU all seem to have better athletes and more edge but who do you REALLY trust to hold it together against Duke for 40 minutes? Michigan St. and maybe Kansas St. Tennessee has shown the ability to rise to the challenge this year in big games. Kentucky IS better than Duke. They aren’t more experienced though and they aren’t better coached.

9. [...] Friday Fire: Kansas, Georgetown, Syracuse, Villanova, etc….Brackets Busted: What is Going On? | Th… thestartingfive.net/2010/03/26/friday-fire-kansas-georgetown-syracuse-villanova-etcbrackets-busted-what-is-going-on – view page – cached Three of my Final Four teams already told me one love… Filter tweets [...]

Well everyone I know has cursed the tournament….all brackets shot to hell.

Duke better not win this tournament…

@mizz,

I second that….but I think it’s gonna happen. I certainly hope not!

Are we good now Miz?

Almost. Still can’t add a new post. Working on it before work tonight. Frustrating, but I’m learning a lot.