Epic Game 7 on Tap: Lakers and Celtics

Right where we want ‘em. Right where we thought they’d be. Sweat. Work. Epic. Legacies. Injuries. Team. Bubbly. Pressers. Laugh. Vic the Brick. Rings. History. Magic. Bird. Anything’s Possible!! Truth. West. Riley. Red. Jackson. Jones. Cowens. Hondo. Perkins. Gasol. Dennis Johnson. 81. Finals MVP. Home. Away. Kareem. Russell. Rondo. M.L. Carr. Rambis. Forum. Garden. Game 7. Johnny Most. Chick Hearn. Jack Nicolson. Sam Jones. Jesus. Beans. Black Pharoah. Time. 60′s. 70′s. 80′s. 90′s. 00′s. Now. Who? Pierce. Big Baby. Lil’ Nate. Bob McAdoo. Cornbread. Haywood. Noise. Sheeeeeeeeeed! Ron Ron. Tradition. Rafters. Jerseys. Love. This. What’s. Next? Rock. Soul. Ainge. Scott. Defense. Showtime. McHale. Moves. Worthy. Unit. Plays. Timeouts. Crowd. Refs. MCL. Chief. Baylor. Chamberlain. Hate. 24. 33. 32. 6. 34. 5. 9. 44. Champions. Rivers. Triangle. Montana. Hollywood. Steal. Call. Tinseltown. Stars. Celebration. Entertainment? Mychal Thompson. Cooper. Ooooops. Generations. NBA. Stern. Who. Wins?

27 Responses to “Epic Game 7 on Tap: Lakers and Celtics”

Superstar of Game 7: Doc Rivers.

In 2008 and in this series, the Celtics were able to bounce back after every loss to the Lakers. LA lost consecutive games in 2008 and in this series.

Doc, by and large, has made impressive adjustments in games and between games. He has used his bench more extensively and to better effect.

I note that the Lakers have won all of the RELOCATION games. Game 1 to start the series — big LA win. Game 3 to Boston — LA win. Game 6 back to LA — big LA win. Boston won the SETTLED IN games. Game 2 — second game in LA; Games 4 and 5 in Boston.

Game 7 is a SETTLED IN game. I’m rollin’ with who I came with. ‘Sheed and company hold it down. Boston 91, Los Angeles 87.

I got LA :)

I got Boston 100-96. I’m seeing a crazy gaffe at the end.

4. KevDog says:

Lakers by 7.

A whole touchdown and an extra point?? Damn!

6. KevDog says:

I think I’m being conservative. I could easily see this being a 15 point game.

7. Big Man says:

Kev Dog is the ultimate Lakers fan… I thought of him immediately after the Lakers started stepping on Boston’s neck in Game 6.

8. KevDog says:

Big Man

I’m a huge Laker fan, but I have to admit, at this point, I’m slightly more a Kobe fan than a Laker fan. If he left the team, I’d still be a Laker fan, but I’d root for him and his team wherever he went.

As a Kobe and a Laker fan, I’m extremely calm and confident about tonights game. The Celts had their chance and they came out flat. they don’t have much of a chance in this one.

T3 is gonna be heartbroken.

Brotha Temple like you I picked the Celtics when they got Rasheed. But during the season with the injuries and poor play I picked either the Cavs or Lakers.

Then once the Celtics knocked off the Cavs I thought Lakers over Celtics in 7.

You make some great points Temple………I just don’t see the Celtics being able to win without Perkins. Especially if they have to play Sheldon Williams extended minutes and with the officials calling tight fouls on Celtics big men.

Anyway for brotha Rivers sake I hope they pull it out.

10. TC says:

Lakers 94-88. I could see it being more too.

11. TC says:

Great post, btw. Other thing is, great to hear commentators acknowledging primacy of rebounds. I’d like to see a study done, but I’d bet that rebounding edge tracks pretty closely to playoff wins also.

12. KevDog says:

Seriously, this game is Bullshit! Why don’t they just hang the WWF banner up and let the Celtics use brass knuckles. What a damn joke.

I tell you what that dang Gasol gets more calls then Kobe.

Now how is that even possible. Ray allen can beat up on Kobe……..but Gasol can foul out the whole Celtics front court!!!

I know Kobe loves MJ…………dude even did the MJ stand on the whatever that thing is and hold up the 5 fingers with the ball in his hand.

15. Kwami says:

Is there any bigger whiner in professional sports than Kobe Bryant? Even MJ didn’t blubber and moan about *every single* call.

16. sankofad says:

Kwami

You don’t have his game, you don’t have his fame, you don’t have his girl and you ain’t in his world. You are not a Celtics fan, you’re not even a basketball fan or a fan of this blog. Take your hating ass and go jump off a bridge.

Hate for the sake of hate is a psychologically debilitating problem..ask Kevdog.

And speaking of which. Congratulations Dog and all the Lakers fan. Big up to the Celtics and Doc Rivers, the better coach in this series. Origin, i guess they didn’t have the horses but they fought hard till the end.

And most of all, I am happy for Ron Artest, MVP of this game in my eyes.

17. Ron Glover says:

I agree Sankofa on Artest, those last nine minutes were the best basketball played all season. Both teams left it on the floor.

18. Big Man says:

Sad for the Celtics, happy for Artest.
    Wish Doc would have kept going to KG and Sheed on the block instead of trying to get Pierce to go off against Artest. Man, Kobe took some terrible shots throughout that game, but 15 boards is nice. The Lakers destroyed he Celtics on the glass.
    And, dammit Ray Allen how many open jump shots can the best shooter in the game miss?
    I enjoyed the game. Yes, it was crazy physical, but it was physical for both teams. And, the defense on both ends was amazing, they were just scrapping. The Lakers out willed the Celtics, and that was the best way for them to win.

So, Kev Dog, you got a three-peat?

19. mapoui says:

Origin says:
    June 18, 2010 at 3:28 am
    I tell you what that dang Gasol gets more calls then Kobe.

MY SENTIMENSTS EXACTLY!

20. KevDog says:

Big Man

I’m just gonna savor this one.

But yeah, I don’t see anybody beating us next year either.

Yeah Big man it was a physical game………..but the Celtics just didn’t have enough bodies to run at Gasol. Dude had their whole front court in foul trouble the whole series.

This was probably the end of the road for allen in Boston. I don’t know about a 3 peat………..cause Kobe and Bynum need knee surgery this offseason.

Unless the get a break from the league like they have the last 2 out of 3 years and their schedule consists of home games the first 20 out of 25 games to start the season.

You can tell those miles adding up on them kats. Once again the key will be Bynum……..with Kobe probably breaking down again during the season next year. Phil must and I mean must get Bynum more developed. And hope he is able to stay healthy.

Cause Miami and Chicago are about to assemble some dream teams this offseason……….you can count on that.

And don’t forget about Houston………they may still get Bosh. The rockets might have better sign and trade pieces then even the bulls and heat. If Amare goes to Miami and Boozer goes to Chicago. Look for Bosh in Houston.

Yeah mapoui there is no reason that Gasol should have been getting more defensive and offensive calls then Kobe.

No reason at all.

Kobe was getting called for fouls and charges the whole series. Yet Gasol was never really in foul trouble.

That don’t make any since. I know Stern wants to promote the so call best Big man in the game but that crap.

23. Kwami says:

Origin, you’re insane, or just not paying attention. Kobe gets the MJ treatment. Obviously you’re pushing the conspiracy theory that the racist NBA is pushing the big white stiff into superstar status through their kids glove treatment, but this isn’t borne out by the facts, if your logic hinges on (supposedly) Bryant getting undeserved foul calls. That’s absurd. Open your eyes man. You can see a lot by looking.

Kwami shut the hell up and go away.

25. KevDog says:

Seriously Miz. “kwami” needs to be gone.

I’ll leave it up to the rest of you. If you all want him gone…there it is. Straight up.

27. KevDog says: