Lakers, Celtics, Magic and whoever the hell else should forget about rings for a while

Cleveland cries as Miami’s salt water dries to a future ring shine…

The jack move…

LeBron will get booed unmercifully in practically every NBA city next season.

The egomaniac tag does not fit. LeBron will take less money than the Cleveland max. This is a NBA stickup. Miami still has a lot of work to do to field a team (Beasley will most likely be part of sign and Bosh trade) because of the CBA, but trust Pat Riley will get it done.

(Added two videos. I’ll have more on this after I complete the LeBron/Oscar Grant piece)

LeBron wants to win. He sacrificed so much to get a chance to win championships. His state will hate him but Dan Gilbert didn’t get it done around him. Period.

Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh? Wow. LeBron should average a triple double next season. Oscar Robertson smiles.

You gotta feel bad for fans of the Cleveland Cavaliers. 1964 is a long time ago. I’ve been there and they truly loved LeBron and their Cavs. Shame they didn’t get a chance to win a championship. All the burning jerseys? Way too much. He gave you 7 great years and your franchise wasn’t on the map before he showed up. Deal with it and cherish the memories he gave you. Trust he made a difficult decision but he had to do what’s best for him and his family.

Fans will question the stock of LBJ because he didn’t stay home and get it done. They have every right to but…

The Miami Heat will be NBA Champions for 2010-2011. Phil Jackson does not get his fourth three peat. Sorry Kobe.

Sorry New York and sorry Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer. Chicago will not get a Mike trophy cry for at least a while.

Sorry David Stern.

For the record, I’m going with President Obama in a game of horse.

Eva Mendes…I’m coming to join ya honey. DJ Irie is getting his 1 and 2’s ready right now.

Does Eric Spoelstra still have a job?

I’ll have more on this later.

Cavs fan react to The Decision

28 Responses to “This is a NBA Stickup: LeBron James to Join Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade As Members of the Miami Heat”

1. docfunk says:

First piece I’ve read with the appropriate amount of perspective. It isn’t appropriate to treat him like a war criminal for doing what thousands of players have done before him. Free Agency exists for a reason. It’s a necessary evil.

The hour-long special was a bit much, though.

2. Marc says:

Honestly- I don’t think this is bad at all except for Cav fans which I understand completely but anyone else has yet to see what will happen. I think he just wanted to cut ties as fast and painless as possible with Cleaveland and look forward to playing on the Heat with Wade and Bosh…which despite the fans that disagree, almost guarantees a ring for him. He needed to try something new, break free of clearly what wasn’t allowing him to win and I don’t see how you can blame him for that but people hate change. People will eventually come around when he’s in the playoffs.

3. Okori Wadsworth says:

I don’t get mad anymore. I don’t have any expectations anymore for athletes. They will go where the money is. They will go where they think they can win, easy or hard.

4. Marc F. says:

I live in Cleveland, yet I’m glad for Lebron. Good for him. He made the decision that was right for him, and that’s what counts.

Good for these brothers. I am happy that they bucked the system and told those fools in the media to kiss their butt. These silly fans cry about players only looking for the money then when they take a pay cut and try to win the fans cry again.

Anyway I certainly thought that the league and stern didn’t want them to join forces. Well maybe this super team will prevent a lockout because the ratings and attendance in the league will be at the levels of the jordan ratings. The Heat vs the Lakers in the finals will have huge ratings.

I thought dude was going to the Bulls………but I was wrong. And to tell you the truth it serves the bulls right. That cheap busta Reinsdorf is still paying for breaking up the MJ and the Bulls.

The bulls/Reinsdorf are like Charlie Brown and the football…….Mcgrady, Kobe and Lebron played their asses over the last decade. Now watch Carmelo will be the next to play their ass in 2011…..LOL!!!

Last that slick Armani suit wearing Pat Riley is a straight up gangsta. Heck this would have been the second time he pulled this in free agency if the league didn’t take Juwan Howard from him because of tampering. Pat Riley is the straight up truth!!!!!

Last there is no doubt in my mind………….depending on if Bosh, Wade and James sign 5 year contracts, this Heat team will win 3 to 4 championships in 5 years atleast. And maybe a 3 peat………..and Spolstra (sp?) better watch his back because Pat Riley is gonna give him the axe and be the coach some time next season.

One more thing this just shows you how dumb the Disney/ESPN network is. There is no reason this should not have been on ABC. Man these fools would have had 20 to 30 million viewers for that 1 hour show. Damn ESPN/Disney is dumb as hell.

Also Mizzo the word is Shaq will sign with the heat. I believe this team will win 72 to 73 games and beat th elakers in the finals in 5 games………..with Pat Riley at coach.

Yes I said that and believe every word.

Oh and owner Dan Gilbert is crying………busta mad because his 40 million dollar slave left and went to Miami.

Poor billionaire owner………..this reminds me when shaq left and went to LA.

@O

Shaq is seriously thinking about going back to Da Bottom? Awww, hell no, make that a 75 win season then

8. KevDog says:

You guys are seriously on crack if you think that team could beat The Lakers or Celtics i a 7 game series.

But as a Laker and Kobe fan, this is lining up PERFECTLY.

What type of crack is that? Fake crack that’s wack…trust the Lakers, Boston, Orlando and Stern are gonna swing on Miami Dade’s bat.

Doc take out all emotion. I can’t knock ya hustle but if you truly believe a team with arguably the BEST in the NBA won’t win a championship sooner than later, you are buggin. Remember, Kendrick Perkins went down. Don’t forget that fact. Kobe shot 6-24 in a Game 7 against Grady, Bubba, Esther and Fred G’s champipple.

The G stands for GTFO fam.

This is one of the best teams assembled since the 80’s. Two scorers that can put up 50 at will but took less money not to.

Okori so will the everyday janitor who cleans the local YMCA every night. He gets offered more comfort, he’s out.

@O and Two-Face

I heard that Shaq wants to play in San Antonio next season. Is there any truth to that?

Now i’m reading/hearing that Shaq and the Celtics have/had mutual interest. I don’t think that’s happening now since the Celtics signed Jermaine O’Neal.

@ GN yeah I heard shaq would take the minimum…..since he heat have no MLE.

@ Harvey you could be right 75 games. Man this team could be like those loaded teams in the early 70s.

@ Kevdog………..nope the lakers are done. As long as the heat get a few bigs to handle Bynum they are good to go. And Kev Kobe can’t run away from age and injuries for too long. They are catching up with him even today.

Also guys Mike Miller will be signing with the heat some time in the next few days.

In saying all of this I have always called out the NBA for only having 1 non top ten market team win multiple titles (spurs) and they never won back to back. Well Miami is a small market team and they will win multiple titles and may even 3 peat. Plus with the lakers getting older and most of the teams in the west being small market teams (except the Rockets, LA and Dallas) the heat will match up a few times in th finals with small market teams. So we could actually have multiple finals with small market teams going at it. The only time I have ever seen 2 small market teams play in the finals against one another were the Spurs vs. Cavs.

75 wins? I don’t know about that, BUT…..as watered down as the talent is in the game today, it wouldn’t surprise if it happened.

I’d say they’ll win between 67 – 70 (68 is the number). They’ll undoubtedly flirt with 70 wins but i’m thinking that the big three will be rested once they lock up the East.

15. mapoui says:

this i\is what it sounds like when billionaires cry!

just awful!

16. Okori Wadsworth says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they win 75. As Hard as I don’t want it to happen it probably will. This is going to be a dynasty.

The next question is when will Pat Riley announce that he’s leaving the sky box to coach the Heat (for the 3rd time)? 🙂

18. kos says:

A lot of you guys are drinking too much of the ESPN kool-aid! 72 wins? Nah. Maybe in their second or third season together, but probably not their first. 64-68 wins, I could see. First, see who else is going to be playing with them before crowning them.

Folks forget, that even with the Celtics big 3, their role players, at times stepped up and helped them to win the championship. Talent-wise, the Heat are already the best team in the NBA with just those 3 guys, plus Chalmers (the only player signed to the Heat right now, until they sign their contracts). I’m still not sold on Bosh coming through when needed against a physical team like the Celtics in the playoffs, though.

All that being said, Boston has already bolstered their line-up with Jermaine O’Neal. They’ll be a year older, but they also still have Doc, and Rondo is only going to get better. I don’t think Orlando is going to stand pat and just concede being the second team in Florida. I look for them to try to make a trade to try to close the gap.

Bottom line, with this year’s free agency, the power in the NBA has had a huge shift to the East. The West still has good teams, and overall, is still stronger. It’s just not as strong at the top as the East is.

Kev-

As a fellow Laker and Kobe fan, I was a bit worried because Jerry Buss wants to cut salary. Maybe seeing this will make him come to his senses. Kobe is still the best player in the game, and we’re all still waiting for Andrew Bynum to get through a season without getting injured. Kobe is finally taking a summer off, which will help with those nagging injuries.

19. KevDog says:

My point is that this is a team built around two perimeter players with virtually the same skill set and a skilled PF who can’t play center. NBA ain’t the street and in order to win a chip, you’ve got to have the pieces. The Heat have pieces, but they won’t fit in that way.

Miz, calling out Kobe for 6-24 is you buying into the media haterade. Yeah, he shot 6-24, all the while Boston was mugging him on every possession. But when it was all said and done. 4th Q 10 points, 4 boards, a dime and a steal. Kobe did something LeBron hasnt been able to do, do whatever it takes to win. And Wade won the one chi between them all because the refs GAVE them that series.

Go back and look at what MJ shot for his last 3 closeout games in finals 15-34, 5-19, 15-35. Finals basketball is ugly and it’s all about heart.

Saying Kobe is done just makes me see that people don’t know who they’re dealing with. Kobe layed 28/8/4 against the toughest defense in the history of the game in the finals and that was on a bad knee and with a busted finger.

But yeah, as a Laker fan, I’ve been down the “Super team” thing before 2004. Didn’t work for us, and it won’t work for The Heat.

Miz, you asked me to take my heart out of it for a second and when I do, I see a team that may win when they learn to play together and if they get the other peices toegther, but I also see a team with three stars who are used to getting the ball enough and shots enough to put up All-NBA numbers. When that doesn’t happen, I think they’ll be trouble.

Now I ask you to take off the buddy, buddy with LeBron glasses and think if these Heat REALLY matchup on the court with the Lakers and Celtics.

I just don’t think so.

I hear you Kevdog. But brotha you aren’t taking into account what always catches up with these championship teams. Injuries, age and an owner who wants to begin to cut costs after a team has won multiple titles.

Those 3 elements caught up with the great Lakers, Celtics, Pistons and Bulls teams of the 80s and 90s. Those elements also caught up with Shaq and Kobe’s team this past decade.

And these elements will catch up to Kobe and Gasol’s team too. Kobe is already battling injuries and age as we speak and Jerry Buss now wants to cut back on costs.

Also Kevdog these 3 kats will be able to work together. They even proved that they were willing to sacrafice when they were playing in the olympics. Bosh won’t have to play center because Pat Riley will get Centers for the team. And Wade and Lebron will share the ball. As I have said on SOM………Lebron is more Magic or Pippen then he has ever been MJ or Kobe.

And unlike against the Celtics the lakers never had to worry about any one Celtic being able to take over a full game or multiple games in a series. The Heat now have 2 players who can do that. The Heat have the top SF and the 2nd best SG in the league and they both are in their primes. And have a top 5 PF.

Man the Lakers are in for a rude awakening.

And you can never doubt Pat Riley as a GM……….dude is like the east coast version of Jerry West.

21. Jim says:

Looks like LeBron took the easy way out to me. Taking on the challenge of winning a title for his hometown in Cleveland would have been worth several championships with the new, stacked “Big Three” in Miami. He should have stayed the course in Cleveland, and his popularity would continue to soar, which automatically increases his income with more endorsements!

22. Poet says:

Wasn’t Lebron a free agent? When it comes down to it, It was a choice that was his to make. Its always about players having loyalty when it comes to becoming free agent but when it comes to owner they will lie straight in player’s face and say,” we are not going to trade you,” and will trade him without a bat of an eye.
    I am glad Lebron made the decision that was best for him and not worry about what Fandom thought he should have done

23. KevDog says:

Orgin.

We welcome the challenge.

Kobe gets his 6th and second threepeat while beating Miami’s Super team. At the same time we catch Boston in all time NBA titles.

Yeah, I relish the challenge.

For the record, KevDog, I don’t think this Miami team, as presently configured with Haslem and Miller and Chalmers, can beat the Lakers. I think they could run the Celtics out of the gym — two times, quick. The Heat, though, are getting close. I think they need an experienced point guard who is physically strong enough to deal with Derek Fisher in the Finals — and they need Frontcourt Length to defend Bynum and Gasol and Odom on the defensive glass. Bynum and Gasol are gonna get their points…but if they also rebound well, they’re nearly impossible to beat. Miami’s bigs don’t need to be interior scorers.

I don’t know where they’re going to get all of that, but if they signed a rugged point guard and some long bodies —– it’s gonna be a wrap. The energy required to DEFEND Wade and James is going to take everyone’s legs away from them. No one will have a 4th quarter jumper worth a damn who plays this team.

But, as I told Mizzo before — the biggest challenge for this trio will be at the free throw line. Wade and James have a LOT of WORK to do at the charity stripe. Kobe and Gasol will NOT be missing from there in June. They’ve gotta get up to around 82%.

25. TC says:

I’m late to the game, but for the record, I’m with KevDog too. Yeah, I’m a Laker fan, I’ll preface my comments with that, in case anyone wants to think this is a case of downplaying one’s competition, but as far as I see, LBJ and DWade’s games coincide an awful lot and if they’re both cutters, and on the floor at crunch time in the 4th, I don’t see how both LBJ and Wade can be as efficacious as they have been playing on different teams. There’s not enough basketball oxygen to set up both of them and LBJ isn’t the best mid-range jump shooter. I don’t see enough space on the court for these guys to get it done and to maximize their individual excellence. I’d say if they’re both on the court during the 4th, and obviously Bosh is also, Bosh can be defended one-on-one and I don’t see how Wade and LBJ will maximize their greatness.

26. […] was very disappointed The Decision garnered immensely more national attention than the Johannes Mehserle verdict and find it utterly […]

27. […] injury…will be 2010-2011 NBA Champions. I’ve said it before the season, the day of the decision on radio shows and wherever there are ears to […]

28. […] Coming into the 2nd round playoff series, few thought Miami had what it took deep down to defeat a Celtic team a few injuries short of a dynasty. The Celtics were coming off a sweep of the revamped Knicks while the Heat ran past the upstart Sixers in 5. The Celtics were becoming Michael Jordan’s Pistons to LeBron and the only way he would get past Boston was to get some help from two choice friends. […]