Now, when LeBron, Flash and Bosh decided to link up and form the NBA version of Soultron, Chris Paul had to be stewing. The three time All Star was near the top of the league before team and individual injuries set in surrounded by Byron Scott’s ouster. Now, CP3 wants out and he’s making it publicly known. The Lakers, Knicks and Magic are on the list. Could you #$*#&@@ imagine Chris Paul in the triangle?!?! Oh my goodness. Kobe Bryant would be ridiculous and actually would be able to rest on the floor. He’d have a back court superstar who could take over and run the squad when Kobe wanted a blow. Did Amar’e and Paul speak about this? Could this happen? Should this happen (Paul traded)? Chris Paul in Orlando with Dwight Howard would probably set the NBA assist record navigating in and out of the lane tossing no look, over the shoulder, through the leg lobs from the locker room.

See this is why I think the Miami Heat move to stomp on free agency is good for the league. As I’ve said earlier, teams and players will step up and this will sort itself out. Yes the Heat might go on a dynastic run but trust the league is filled with great players who are just as or even more competitive than South Beach Soultron (don’t matter, just don’t bite it).

The links:

Source on Chris Paul: “He wants to play with another superstar. He wants to follow LeBron’s model of teaming up with other great players.” (CBS Sports)

Nick Saban: “How Are They (Agents) Any Better Than a Pimp?” (Tide Sports)

NFL, union have opposing views of new HGH test validity (NFL)

NFL Players Union Chief Hints League Is Involved in Collusion (NFL FanHouse)

Rich Hofmann: It’s time for Phillies to see what Domonic Brown can do (Philly)

I posted a nice summer time mix tape from this site around the 4th. This post is hilarious!! (The Core DJ’s)

For the ladies: Do “toning” sneakers actually build firmer muscles? (Time)

Shirley Sherrod deserves a HUGE apology: (NY Daily News)

If CP3 does bounce, Nawlin’s would still be in good hands…

11 Responses to “Thursday Morning Starting Five: Chris Paul Wants No More Bourbon Street Hurricanes”

1. TC says:

Honestly, I don’t think it’s a good idea, as a Laker fan. Why fix what’s not broken? When ur the Champs, as Jay Elect says, don’t bother it.

2. TC says:

….and that’s not to say I don’t think CP3 would be ridiculous in LA. Of course he would. But what would happen to the roles of the other players? Also, the phrase too many chiefs, not enough indians comes to mind.

Kobe ain’t gonna be around forever TC. Gotta replenish the superstar talent right? Fish is the man but would you rather have CP3 or Fish? You might be good because Chris Broussard is adding the Mavs and Portland and eliminating the Lakers.

I wonder what Deron Williams is thinking right now. If he looks around, he has to be thinking similar things. No Boozer. CP3 on the move. Carmelo leaving Denver. The odds of him ever mounting a serious challenge to the Lakers from Utah is slim. The Jazz have some nice small pieces, but they need an anchor on the block.

Doesn’t anyone want to go to Cleveland??

5. TC says:

Mizzo…yeah, you’re right…but the Lakers can’t see into the future. Right now, their future is bright. Fish’s role is relatively small and well-defined. The Lakers know him and he knows the Lakers. He’s a consummate pro and he provides perhaps even more intangible assets than he does actual game. I just think that the chemistry of the club could be thrown off….and this is not a knock against CP3. I consider he, DWill, Rajon Rondo, and probably Nash not far off-the best PGs in the game. But again, I just say, why fix what’s not broken?

Temple-you don’t think that pick up of Al Jefferson was huge? Now they have Al Jeff, Okur, Kirilenko, Bell, CJ Miles, DWill. I dunno, I think Al Jeff is a guy you can build around. DWill’s assist numbers will be thru the roof with him.

6. Jerold Wells Jr says:

Either I told Mizzo or I was thinking about telling Mizzo look out for Chris F’in Paul next season. He’s going to murder your favorite PG. He will be a man possessed. I remember calling Mizzo in ’08 as he proceeded to CRUSH Jason Kidd and tell the camera “he cant check me” everytime he broke him down and scored on him.

He heard the Deron Williams talk. He knows Derrick Rose is on the rise. He saw what Reke and Steph Curry did last year. He knows John Wall is coming

My guy is Deron Williams. I like the fact that he’s bigger and a better shooter than CP3 but Chris Paul is the best PG in the league when healthy. Assists, steals, blah, blah, blah……. Chris Paul is NASTY. His mean streak is like DWade’s and Kobe’s. He’s got some Isaiah Thomas in him in that sense.

Pair him with A’mare and you have the best pick and roll combo since Stockton/Malone. Better than Duncan/Parker, Williams/Boozer and Nash/Stoudamire. Im talking GP/ReignMan esque.

@TC even with Al Utah is still a star away. It’ll never happen but if Melo went there, Ohhhh wweeeeee. Deron/Melo/Jefferson with the core they have minus whatever it takes to match salaries for Melo makes them a title contender IMO.

7. TC says:

Jerold, I’m sure you’re right. They’ll make a brave effort, as Jerry Sloan’s teams do, but yeah, they need a ‘melo or something.

TC:

Wow. I forgot about that. I like Jefferson. I like Milsap, too. Maybe AJ can hit the ground running. Williams and Boozer seemed to have great chemistry. If he can replicate that, it should be good enough for a second round sweep at the hands of the Lakers in May 2011. :)

J-Dub:

Payton and Kemp are probably the Gold Standard in terms of athleticism, but not in execution. That’s an interesting connection. I can certainly see the similarities. That’s a ticket I would buy…but the post-season would be short. :(

10. KevDog says:

Nah, we don’t need CP3, who I have always considered as over-rated as Nash. We got rid of three players who got no run and replaced them with players who started in this league last season. We got rid of a fool who envisioned himself a starter in this league who is really a career backup and added 2 second round picks who can get some PT. I think we made all the right moves and are clearly the best team in the league right now. And definitely better than last years team. And what I like most is that every player we added plays D. CP3 don’t even know what that means.

11. KevDog says: