Sunday’s contest between the Philadelphia and Washington Redskins will answer many questions concerning both teams and both quarterbacks. For Donovan McNabb, it’s his first in Philadelphia as a visitor, how will handle the crowd and his emotions to do well. For Michael Vick, he’s in a game that the Eagles want to win because it is afterall the Redskins and it’s McNabb. But more importantly for Vick it’s another turn on Redemption Road. This week it’s a Redskins defense that employs the 3-4 scheme.

Who is facing the most pressure heading into Sunday?

6 Responses to “Friday Fire: Who’s Under More Pressure To Win Sunday – Donovan McNabb or Michael Vick?”

I don’t think there’s much pressure on MV7. I think if anything, the pressure is on McNabb and Andy Reid.

The pressure is on McNabb because the Redskins need this win to stay in the playoff hunt. If they win, they go to 2-0 in the division. If they lose, they drop to 1-3 with the Pack, Colts and Bears forthcoming. And, of course, Donovan wants to stick it to the Eagles and show them why they shouldn’t have traded him.

The pressure is also on Andy Reid because if McNabb lights it up and Vick stinks it up, his decision to trade McNabb will be questioned by many……again!

If Vick has a bad game, I don’t think he’ll face as much scrutiny. But then again, this is Philly. (lol)

2. Ron Glover says:

Good points, now what if Vick soundly outperforms McNabb. How much more will he be embraced by the Philly fans (not that I think it matters to him).

Recession? what recession?

I just hope McNabb and Vick both have stat-freak good games on Sunday…make the pontificators unhappy on Monday morning.

@Ron G

If MV7 tears it up, he’ll be embraced even more….until he signs that $50 million contract in the offseason. :-)

5. des says:

Vick is playing with house money right now, he can’t lose either way. Donovan was considered such a non-threat he was traded to a division rival. If the rest of his team shows up, and that includes his ego-driven coach, he could deliver a classy FU to his old city, and to some of his old teammates who trashed him after he left( that would be you Desean Jackson).

Great question RG. I would say that in terms of team wise the pressure is on Mcnabb. Since no one expected that Vick would be a starter.

From a payday and life stand point the pressure in on Vick. If he plays well in this game and in the coming weeks he will be able to sign a large contract with the eagles or another team.

I really could care less about both teams but I want both these brothers to do well. I am also concerned for their health because both offensive lines are horrible. I really wish that next year both would sign with SF and Minn. But knowing how the NFL works that will never happen.