Ron Glover’s Week 7 NFL Predictions

Looking at this week’s NFL lineup, I can count twelve games that hold some sort of viewing interest. That even includes the matchup between the Rams vs. Buccaneers that would’ve been a game of the week ten years ago. Other games include; The Eagles traveling to Tennessee to take on the Titans, the Steelers against the Dolphins, the Chargers face the Patriots. Wrapping up this week’s schedule has the Giants traveling to Jerry’s Palace to take on the Cowboys.

Byes: Colts, Jets, Lions and Texans

Sunday October 24, 2010

Cincinnati Bengals (2-3) at Atlanta Falcons (4-2) 1pm: The Falcons secondary was torched last week against the Eagles. You would think that Carson Palmer would be looking forward to this – he needs to connect with his receivers. Marvin Lewis cannot continue to go with Palmer if he’s going to cost them games.

Pick: Falcons 24 – Bengals 20

Pittsburgh Steelers (4-1-) at Miami Dolphins (3-2) 1pm: Ben Roethlisberger is going on the road and facing a pretty good defense in his second week since his return. The Steelers will throw Troy Polomalu in the mix to help out in containing Phins wideout Brandon Marshall. Expect to see plenty of Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams.

Pick: Dolphins 27 – Steelers 24 OT

Buffalo Bills (0-5) at Baltimore Ravens (4-2) 1pm: The Bills are going on the road to face a Ravens team that is steaming after last weeks loss to the Patriots. The results can’t be good.

Picks: Ravens 34 – Bills 17

Jacksonville Jaguars (3-3) at Kansas City Chiefs (3-2) 1pm: The Jags will look to Trent Edwards to get them out of Arrowhead Stadium with a win (David Garrard is out with a concussion), good luck. The Chiefs are out to avoid three consecutive losses after coming out of the gate winning three straight.

Pick: Chiefs 29 – Jags 12

Cleveland Browns (1-5) at New Orleans Saints (4-2) 1pm: The Saints are looking to get back on the winning path as Reggie Bush’s much anticipated return looms large. The Browns may be looking to rookie quarterback Colt McCoy for the second week in a row. The Saints defense gets a boost with Darren Sharper returning to the secondary.

Pick: Saints 31 – Browns 13

Washington Redskins (3-3) at Chicago Bears (4-2) 1pm: Nothing fires up Donovan McNabb more than going back home to Chicago where he has fared well. The Skins defense ranks last in the NFL but gives up less than 20 points per contest. Devin Hester is looking dangerous again as Matt Forte could have another big game. Jay Cutler needs to make it through this game.

Pick: Bears 24 – Skins 20

San Francisco 49′ers (1-5) at Carolina Panthers (0-5) 1pm: I thought that the Niners flying cross-country to face a team that they could potentially play down to. After watching the San Francisco Giants last night – that all but wrecks my theory.

Pick: Niners 30 – Panthers 13

St. Louis Rams (3-3) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-2) 1pm: The Battle of the Upstarts looks to be a showcase of two of the NFL’s best young quarterbacks in Sam Bradford and the Bucs Josh Freeman. This one will come down to defense, special teams and turnovers.

Picks: Bucs 27 – Rams 24 OT

Philadelphia (4-2) at Tennessee Titans (4-2) 1pm: Football is very much needed in Philly today as it’ll be Kevin Kolb vs. Kerry Collins. The Eagles are going into this game with injuries to Jason Peters and DeSean Jackson that will effect the Eagles offensive scheme against their most physical opponent to date. The Titans will not start Vince Young but he will be available, case being the same with Michael Vick. The Eagles held Falcons Michael Turner to 45 yards last week – but he’s no Chris Johnson. LeSean McCoy could have a big all-purpose day.

Pick: Eagles 27 – Titans 17

Arizona Cardinals (3-2) at Seattle Seahawks (3-2) 4:05 pm: First place is at stake today as the Cardinals go up North to face the surprising Seahawks. Quarterback Max Hall is playing well for the Cards and should keep the starting job for the duration. Marshawn Lynch is just what the doctor ordered for the Seahawks who are putting it together rather quickly under Pete Carroll.

Pick: Seahwaks 23 – Cardinals 21

SAN FRANCISCO - SEPTEMBER 02:  Mike Tolbert #35 of the San Diego Chargers runs with the ball during their game against the San Francisco 49ers at Candlestick Park  on September 2, 2010 in San Francisco, California.  (Photo by Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

New England Patriots (4-1) at San Diego Chargers (2-4) 4:15pm: If anyone can figure out what has happened to the Chargers they’ll be the first.  The Patriots will do what they have to do to avoid a potential meeting with the Chargers in the playoffs. Today, Brady & Co. land a damaging blow to the Bolts postseason hopes.

Pick: Patriots 35 – Chargers 21

Oakland Raiders (2-4) at Denver Broncos (2-4) 4:15pm: One team has a struggling passing attack and the other has no running game. Perfect. See Raiders/Chargers from two weeks ago.

Pick: Raiders 20 – Broncos 12

Minnesota Vikings (2-3) at Green Bay Packers (3-3) 8:20pm: Public Enemy number one returns with probably the second most despised opponent in Randy Moss. A win by the Vikings puts them within striking distance of the Bears for the division lead. The Packers are fading fast – lack of a consistent running game being at the top of the list. The Vikes are starting to emerge at the right time.

Pick: Vikings  33 – Packers 24

Monday October 25, 2010

New York Giants (4-2) at Dallas Cowboys (1-4) 8:30pm: The Cowboys are as good as they are undisciplined, last week I think they realized two things: they are not a team can turn it off and on and the season is slipping away faster than they think. The Giants have come around defensively and want to put the Cowboys further in their rear-view mirror. I could be wrong, but do the Giants ever play the Cowboys well in Texas?

Pick: Cowboys 20 – Giants 17

Last Week 10-4, 2010 Season 48-28

37 Responses to “Ron Glover’s Week 7 NFL Predictions”

RG great write up brotha.

Old Aikman is really handing out the excuses to Cutler today.

3. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Chuck Prince, Nathan Ell. Nathan Ell said: Ron Glover's Week 7 NFL Predictions | The Starting Five: Looking at this week's NFL lineup, I can count twelve gam… http://bit.ly/aQjYBi [...]

4. Jerold Wells Jr says:

Anyone else watching this Cincy/Atlanta game? Plenty of action. Carson Palmer looks like a real QB in the second half, lol.

5. Jerold Wells Jr says:

And Roddy White looks like the best WR in the NFC. My goodness.

Roddy is killin’em.

Looks like the Bengals only thought they had to play in the second half.

Wow…so maybe Brees IS getting hit with the Madden Curse.

I’m so happy for the Bucs!!! WOO HOO!

Damn…Deangelo Hall had 4 picks in one darn game – Cutler going for the record this season or what?

@ Miranda I don’t want to hear any more excuses that boy Cutler is Jeff George reincarnated.

During the game whenever Mcnabb threw a bad pass high or low Aikman would go on and on how Mcnabb threw a bad pass.

Yet when Cutler threw a bad pass ( high or low) or an INT……..old Aikman would come up with ever excuse. “The WR and QB have bad communication”……”Cutler was throwing that up to give his WR a chance”

Boy that Aikman was coming up with some super duper excuses for that golden boy Cutler.

Like I said last week. Its easy being a QB when that pocket is clean……that pocket wasn’t clean when the eagles played the titans today.

So the raiders are killing the broncos……….so I guess the Tebow ear has started.

Sorry I mean Tebow era has started.

13. kos says:

Holy crap! Did I just read that right! Oakland up 38-0 at Denver in the 2nd quarter?!

So now that the 49ers are 1-6 and Alex Smith has a hurt shoulder.

Will Nate Davis get a chance to play???

I will keep asking this question until the end of the season.

The raiders have scored 59 and a whole quarter is left to play??

GET RIGHT WITH GOD PEOPLE!

All that “QB controversy” talk in Philly got shut down with the quickness today. LOL

GO BUCS!!

wow…that was the dumbest pick ever Rodgers.

So is it time to bench Farve???

And the Farve excuses start…………so he threw the pick because of his ankle huh???

LMAO Did you hear that mess Origin?? LOL…his ankle…I had to bust out laughing at that shit.

I was laughing more at the way Collinsworth tried to blame Randy Moss for Favre’s INT…whateva

RG, is it me or does Kolb have a weak arm?

@Miranda – Yeah I heard that BS. Then that fool Trent Dilfer said that Chilly has no right to call out Farve throwing INts.

Since when can’t a coach call out a player for playing dumb. There is no reason for Farve to be throwing picks like that when he has pr bowl players at the skill position. This dude has the 2nd greatest WR of all time and the best RB in the game. Now that the center is healthy and back the OL is even blocking better. Farve has no freaking excuse with those weapons and that line.

@ Harvey – Collinsworth is a chump and an idiot. And I am not sure if Kolb arm is weak but his feet get happy when that rush comes. And he has a little brett farve/tony romo/jay cutler in him because when the rush comes he throws passes up for grabs.

Another thing I am getting concerned for my younger brother. I think he is going to have a stroke from watching Cutler play.

Dude called me after the washington game and sounded like his dog ran away.

All he keeps saying is he can’t believe the bears traded 2 number 1 picks for him.

I can’t believe Washington is winning games with an offensive cast like that. That was an ugly pick six McNabb threw today but it doesn’t have to be pretty if it’s a win because they’re not playing perfect ball down there but they’re stacking victories.

Josh Freeman is turning into the Butt-Nekkid Truth down in Tampa. Once the kid gets some more experience and talent around him the NFC South and the conference as a whole better watch out.

Oh yeah, Kolb’s arm is weak because if Riley Cooper hadn’t made a play on one of those underthrows then the Titans would have cruised the whole game today.

26. Ron Glover says:

@HD Kolb’s arm is weak, I think the deeper he goes the more accuracy he looses unless he’s going to Jackson. He probably maxes out at 60yds on a straight drop.

HD, my arm strength rivals Kolb’s.

LOL…………yall a trip talking about Kolb. Now RG and Harvey you’ll know Kolb is the best thing that has every happened to the eagles.

LOL!!!

Anyway you guys see Farve has a fractured a foot. I bet that joker still plays this weekend……there is no way he lets TJ play.

Farve could be in a coma and still they would wheel him out on the football field in a hospital bed.

29. Julius says:

Well, an ankle injury has got to be a better excuse than…ahem…being depressed (Vince Young).

Tony Romo’s down now so I guess that’s it for the Cowboys this season.

Yeah, O, Kolb is the best thing that ever happened to the Eagles because he’s there to take Brett Favre’s legacy into the new decade. He even wears #4 and hunts in the off season which makes him a tough, fiery competitor and anyone knows that’s all you need to thrive in the NFL at the QB position not talent or football intelligence.

Yeah, right.

Kinda funny how Big Red was quick to declare Vick the starter after that ass-whuppin’ yesterday, huh?

And what’s this trash about the NFL and the NCAA trying to get pro rookies suspended before they even play a professional down if they accept money from agents between the time they stop playing for member schools and before they make it in the league? It’s amazing to me that a guy who was once all for kids staying in school is now completely for these young people to get that money no matter the sport because indentured servitude and slavery have been outlawed in this country for over a century but now these tin-plated dictators want to even get their hands on these guys’ money even after they leave their hallowed halls.

Somebody pass me the TNT because it’s time to blow this whole damn thing sky-high.

32. Ron Glover says:

That was going to be one of my questions today Harv – stay tuned.

Singletary on Nate Davis (from pre-season):

“I think he has to get on the same page. I think he has to get on the same page and really put himself in the position to really compete. I just think right now that he’s competing against himself, I really do. I really like the kid, there is a lot to like about him, but there is a work ethic that’s involved in terms of being a quarterback in the NFL and he’s got to get it, it’s as simple as that. I’m pulling for him, I’m hoping, but so far it’s inconsistent.”

According to the web site, Davis is still on the practice squad. Fans recognized he played a superior brand of football than David Carr and Alex Smith. For Mike, apparently, that was insufficient. Davis has to lead by example. This team is a mess right now and Mike is in a tight spot.

How much would be undermining his own position by turning to Davis now that Smith is injured and Carr continues to drive his coaches crazy? Has Davis changed his preparation habits or is he merely glad to know that he outplayed Carr and is still collecting a practice squad check?

I suspect that if he’s been truly, truly busting his ass like a real G on the grind, he’ll be playing very soon. If not…Origin will get to keep asking the question as he rides the pine. WTD?

Live at the complex. Live between the film room and weight room. Actively solicit information from coaches. Dissect schemes and break down defenses. Meet with players. Know your teammates. Live and breathe as if you were that dude already.

Chad did it in Cincinnati…that’s why he’s straight teflon. His game is air tight and the world is seeing, perhaps for the first time, that it’s not the guy with the great hands and the impeccable foot work who is to blame for what does not work in Cincinnati. It’s the blond kid with the busted arm.

I wish Davis had peeped this in camp. He might already have the job. Man up and meet Mike’s preparation with desire and will.

Great post Temple………….I saw that quote from Mike in the preseason also. But I feel that Mike has handled everyone on the team with an iron fist except Alex Smith.

Now whether those orders are coming down from the ownership (who I feel it is) or not. Mike made his bed with Alex and will have to deal with the consequences. If he is going to be fired in the next few weeks (which I believe he is), he would be a fool not to use every bullet in his chamber to stay alive. If that is playing every freaking QB on the roster and that includes the practice squad.

Alex Smith didn’t get velvet from Iron Mike on national television.

Frankly, as I’ve said before, I don’t think every problem needs an Iron Hand. If I owned the team, I’d give him one more season. Either his message is going to instill discipline and the players will still play for him or they’ll tune him out. I don’t think he’s lost the team yet — even though they’re losing.

They need a win like the Raiders had over Denver to clear the air. (Everyone needs one of those.)

Well its seems that Mike understands that his head is on the chopping block because troy smith is starting this week.

Like I said with this ship sinking he would be a fool not to try every QB on his roster. Because Alex Smith ain’t working (and yes I know he is hurt).

They need a win bad but if he loses this week he might be fired on the plane ride back from London.