NFL Questions And (Maybe Some) Answers For Week 16

Raised glasses to everyone in TSF Family. I hope you all are enjoying this holiday season, whether it’s visiting and/or spending time with relatives or just enjoying time away from work - make the most of it.

The NFL playoff picture is becoming a little clearer and should come into full focus by next Sunday night. But for now, here’s this week’s Q&A.

Who are the two most dangerous teams going into the playoffs (AFC/NFC)?

What doomed Mike Singletary as coach in San Francisco?

What can be done to improve the Rooney Rule - if there is such a thing?

8 Responses to “NFL Questions And (Maybe Some) Answers For Week 16”

Its always interesting to see how different the players perspectives are vs the mainstream sports media

Well the Falcons had an opportunity on the national stage last night to get that “respect” they claim they don’t get…..

maybe next time.

1. Who are the two most dangerous teams going into the playoffs (AFC/NFC)?

I think the Eagles and the Saints are dangerous teams. The Eagles have the most dangerous offense in the league, the Saints are getting healthy at the right time.

2. What doomed Mike Singletary as coach in San Francisco?

I think the thing that hurt him the most is that he didn’t have a franchise QB. The QB fiasco between him and the two “Smith” brothers was a joke. Also, there was definitely a communication/generation gap between him and his players as he had problems relating to them. As I said on another thread, all great ex-players don’t make great teachers. IMHO, he just was not a good head coach. I think he would be better served being a LBs coach or perhaps a defensive coordinator.

3. Who will be the better quarterback, Sam Bradford or Tim Tebow (Sorry for the college picks)?

Sam Bradford, without a doubt. This kid is already better than a lot of veteran QBs in the league. Once he get a few top tier WRs, he’s gonna tear sh** up!

The Tebow “hype” will die down after a few seasons. Until he proves me and other doubters wrong, I don’t see him as a starting QB in this league. He’s a back-up in my estimation. From what i’ve seen of him, he’s more fit to play TE.

4. What can be done to improve the Rooney Rule – if there is such a thing?

There shouldn’t be a “Rooney Rule” to begin with. What can be done to improve it? I honestly don’t know.

I’m watching “Playbook” on NFL Network with the 1st team (Mayock, Wilcox & Sharpe). The way they’re breaking down the game from last night (Saints/Falcons) is ridiculous!

This is by far the BEST football show on TV….period!

Nothing draws out the TSF writers like an Eagles game.

GN:

I haven’t seen Playbook yet, but I thought last night’s game was really well played, by just about everyone except Drew Brees — until he needed that drive. The game was played at an amazing rate of speed. You can see why these teams have so much success. When you compare how fast these teams play to teams like the Redskins or Broncos or Panthers, it’s like night and day.

I think the Chiefs are a dangerous team in the AFC. The Jets may get surprised in that game. Arrowhead is a very tough place to play. The weather is likely to be brutal and the combination of Thomas Jones, Jamaal Charles and Dwayne Bowe may be a lot of overcome. Revis isn’t 100%. If he was, Antonio Cromartie wouldn’t be running around the field grabbing Mike Wallace’s jersey…but that’s another story.

In the NFC, Philly is beyond dangerous. They’re lethal. Too bad they may wind up playing Green Bay in a Wild Card game. I also think Chicago may be able to get through to the Championship game no matter who they play. It’s all subject to change until the season ends.

7. Julius says:

Wow…Vick and the Eagles get spanked by the Vikings and their 3rd string quarterback. I think Philly peaked too early.

It’s looking that way.

Finesse teams don’t inspire too much confidence this time of year.