Ron Glover’s NFL Predictions Week 9: (11/6/11 – 11/7/11)

Consider yourself fortunate if you carry the NFL package endorsed by Prime in wings and tights. There are some great game within and outside of both conferences this weekend. Two teams with revenge on their minds are the New Orleans Saints who were handled by the Tampa Bay Bucs three weeks ago. The other team is the Pittsburgh Steelers who were embarrassed by the Baltimore Ravens in the season opener.

Other games of note include: Jets at the Bills, the Giants face the Patriots in Foxboro and the Bears look to win their third straight against the Eagles in Philadelphia.

Byes this week: Jaguars, Lions, Panthers and Vikings

Sunday November 6, 2011 at 1pm:

Bills wideout Stevie Johnson will...

NY Jets (4-3) at Buffalo Bills (5-2) – The Bills face another test from within the division, Fred Jackson is the first half AFC MVP.

Bills 24 – Jets 20

Cleveland Browns (3-4) at Houston Texans (5-3) - Peyton Hillis returns to the Browns who have treaded water in his absence while the Texans await the return of Andre Johnson.

Texans 31 - Browns 14

Miami Dolphins (0-7) at Kansas City Chiefs (4-3) – No one expected the Chiefs to be playing for sole possession of first place when Jamaal Charles and Eric Berry went down.

Chiefs 27 – Dolphins 9

Seattle Seahawks (2-5) at Dallas Cowboys (3-4) – The Cowboys have to find a way to get their offense back into sync, the Seahawks may have the cure.

Cowboys 24 – Seahawks 16

San Francisco 49′ers (5-1) at Washington Redskins (3-4) - The Niners are looking to knock out a reeling Redskins squad that is in serious disarray.

Niners 23 – Skins 13

Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-3) at New Orleans Saints (5-3) – We’ll know for sure on Sunday which direction both teams are headed in.

Saints 24 – Bucs 22

Atlanta Falcons (4-2) at Indianapolis Colts (0-8) – The Falcons have become the forgotten team in the AFC South, maybe less pub is good.

Falcons 33 – Colts 13

Sunday November 6, 2011 at 4pm or later:

Denver Broncos (2-4) at Oakland Raiders (4-3) – The things that Tim Tebow will see and hear in Oakland’s Black Hole on Sunday will be anything but holy. Darren McFadden has been ruled out for this game.

Raiders 20 – Broncos 12

Cincinnati Bengals (5-2) at Tennessee Titans (4-3) – No one is talking about the job Marvin Lewis has done this season. The Titans continue to hang on while Chris Johnson gets it together.

Bengals 23 – Titans 20

NY Giants (5-2) at New England Patriots (5-2) – Just as before, the Giants have a better chance than most people think.

Giants 31 – Patriots 23

Green Bay Packers (7-0) at San Diego Chargers (4-3) – The Chargers are still stunned from Monday night’s loss to Kansas City.

Packers 30 – Chargers 17

St. Louis Rams (1-6) at Arizona Cardinals (1-6) – Wasn’t this supposed to be a battle for the divison…oh well.

Rams 21 – Cardinals 16

Baltimore Ravens (5-2) at Pittsburgh Steelers (6-2) - I may wake up sore on Monday morning after watching this one.

Steelers 27 – Ravens 23

Monday October 7, 2010 at 8:30 pm

Matt Forte

Chicago Bears (4-3) at Philadelphia Eagles (3-4) – The Bears have given the Eagles problems in their last couple of meetings, the Eagles look to be hitting their stride, should be a good one.

Eagles 29 – Bears 17

Last Week: 8-5

2011 Season: 62-43

47 Responses to “Ron Glover’s NFL Predictions Week 9: (11/6/11 – 11/7/11)”

I may wake up sore on Monday morning after watching this one.

ROTFLMBAO!!

2. Ron Glover says:

U know some of those Steelers would hit their own momma if she wore a purple dress to Sunday morning service. They’re beginning to lock in.

Steelers will be playing with heavy hearts.

Emmanuel Sanders isn’t playing. Sadly, his mother passed away this week.

I really think the Colts will beat the Falcons for some reason just because I don’t like the matchup for ATL. On the road with Freeney and Mathis still on that line…I don’t know. Painter has been putting up some yards as well but as always everything turns on Turner for the Falcs but I see the Colts bowing up and stealing this one.

Kevin Kolb? Really? This was the guy Reid and the Eagles passed off as the one that could lead the team to the SB one day? Mormon, please.

T3, can I have your assessment of Shady McCoy? Is he Westbrook 2.0 or someone that can make the Eagles redzone offense something formidable?

Harvey:

Since 1999, the Eagles are 9-1 in the playoffs when they run 25 times or more. The lone loss was against Carolina when Mitchell and Thrash couldn’t get off the line of scrimmage and McNabb threw 3 picks. It was, ironically enough, the same exact day that Peyton Manning threw 3 picks against the Patriots because Marvin Harrison and his crew couldn’t get off the line against Ty Law. Mirror games, same day.

Since 1999, the Eagles are 1-8 in games where they rush 24 times or less. The lone exception was the 2009 win (during the ’08 season) at Minnesota against the Tarvaris Jackson led Vikings. The game turned two plays: Jackson’s pick 6 to Asante Samuel and Westbrook’s 70-yard play and that was all she wrote.

I haven’t watched McCoy really closely, but he’s supremely talented. I think if they get him touches and run the ball 25+ times per game, the Eagles have an overwhelming chance of beating every single team in the NFL. I don’t think the team or the fans need to look farther than Andy Reid to determine how the team will fare.

I will say one other thing that may not often be raised with respect to Reid. I believe that when the Eagles trail in a game, he tends to go almost exclusively to the pass — and this is a fatal strategic flaw. In those 19 playoff games, the Eagles were 1-9 when trailing after 3, but 9-0 when leading after 3. They were 1-6 when trailing at the half, but 9-2 when leading at the half. They were 4-9 when trailing after the first quarter, but 6-0 when leading after the first quarter.

Was McNabb then, and Vick now, capable of leading comebacks? Of course they were.

If the Eagles get down, even if its by as much as 14 points, they still need to run the rock. Any team that trails by 14 early has a long way to go, but if they run only 20 times or less, they win only 22% of the time. If they run 25 times or more, they win about 25% of the time. But here’s the real shocker…

If a team trails by 14 early and can manage to squeeze out 30 or more runs, they win 38% of the time. All of this SHOULD be part of Reid’s calculus as he moves through games…but something is amiss and in this case, the Eagles fortunes do not seem to be about their players.

Ask and ye shall receive…thanks, T3

7. Corin Brown says:

That’s why SF will go far this season, I think: unqualified commitment to the run. Harbaugh won’t be tempted to go to Smith at the first sign of trouble because he’s an unmitigated disaster compared to McNabb or Vick.

8. Julius says:

Corin Brown, I hope for your sake that your claim of SF’s Smith being an “unmitigated” disaster was purposefully absurd hyperbole. Please tell us how a quarterback who at the very least has helped to lead his team to a 6-1 record could possibly be an unmitigated disaster. While you’re at it, please explain why the Minnesota Vikings, whose season is in the toilet, could view the McNabb experiment as anything but a complete failure. I know that TSF headquarters dictates that nothing bad shall be said about the ringless Donovan McNabb no matter how awful he is (and he has been lousy at times), but your rhetoric is ridiculous. Let me guess…does it boil down the simple equations Smith = white guy & McNabb = black guy?

9. Corin Brown says:

Hang on a second. Alex Smith is WHITE?

10. eric daniels says:

I think the Saints will beat my Bucs today because they have to create some distance and the Bucs have won the last two matchups against them.

Ravens to beat Steelers
    Eagles to Beat Bears
    Jets to beat Bills

Broncos will beat Raiders, they have the 25th ranked secondary against the pass, so Tebow shouldn’t have any problems throwing to recievers. But he is still not a starting NFL QB.

11. eric daniels says:

Julius you asswipe, the reason the Niners are 6-1 is because of a strong running (Frank Gore after missing last year) and that great agressive defense. Alex Smith is doing what Trent Dilfer did when the Ravens won the SB in 2000. DON’T FUCK IT UP !!!! Mc Nabb is still the better QB THAN Smith, And if DMac was running the Niners offense they would have a better passing game because the Vikings WRS don’t have the talent the Niners have or Harbaugh would have opened up the passing book to him. Let’s see Alex Smith produce when they bottle up Frank Gore,I think he will revert back to the same third- rate WHITE BOY QB since he got into the league.

You brought up the race thing so I just shoved it back in your face asswipe.

12. Julius says:

Eric, thanks for belching out your bigotry more explicitly for a change. Would you clowns who are eviscerating Alex Smith also call the Trent Dilfer led SUPER BOWL winning Ravens team an “unmitigated disaster”? How about the 2002 SUPER BOWL winning Bucs team that was QB’d by white boy Brad Johnson? Another disastrous season? Lol. A couple of you mouth frothed fiends out there are so blind to your racism that you would call a winning team a “disaster” simply because you think the white boy throwing the ball doesn’t conform to your prejudiced notion of what a QB should look like, all the while trumpeting the fabulous losing seasons of teams led by Donovan McNabb, who ain’t won a thing. Take a look in the mirror boys. You’re guilty of looking through the race colored glasses that you complain endlessly of the big bad media looking through. And I don’t mean glasses that merely allow you to see the racism lurking beneath the surface. I mean those that lull you into perpetuating that very same racism.

Thank you, and good afternoon!

Julius does it physically hurt to be that stupid? Does it?

HD…ROFL @ “Mormon please”

Matty Ice trying to keep the Colts in the game by himself.

Julius – I am not going to debate with you because you are a troll and a bastard.

But if you have such a problem with the individuals on this site why don’t you go on ESPN, Profootballtalk and Deadspin. You will find plenty of people who feel like you. I mean you add nothing to the conversation here. You never comment on the articles, all you do is act like a bitch and pick out post that you don’t agree with. Or make smart ass comments about Cam, Mcnabb, Lebron or any black athlete that is the new target for hate.

I will never forget when your punk ass made a smart comment about the white players taking all the spots in the NBA draft this past season. When none of us even mentioned that…..we mentioned that because of the lockout most of the top picks decided to stay in school which opened up for the international players that were drafted in the lottery. To which your dumb ass didn’t even realize when making your stupid comment that out of the 5 international players that were drafted in the lottery only 3 were white and the other 2 were black.

16. eric daniels says:

I thought I was a Capricorn Julius, thanks for the nice comment but you still fail at logic.

17. sankofa says:

TSF welcome to relevancy if you all haven’t already been assured of it before. To utilize and paraphrase the Christian Bible, for a minute, when two or more gather in the name of righteousness, some devil is bound to come sneaking out of the toilet and smearing their mess over the conversation and trying to stir up shit.

Man I don’t know how mike and the gang tolerate imps like this, because my patience for instigators usually run to zero. I mean challenging one on some statement is different from being an instigator and Julius is one of numerous that have came and have gone, hopefully to never return.

I have to disagree with Origin though, if he goes to ESPN, then he wouldn’t stand out from all the other mess there. But a small dick fuck like him will get a boner knowing he has stirred up shit for shit’s sake.

Misery doesn’t just love company, they take to the streets (or TSF) looking for company!

Is Philip Rivers considered one of the “elite” QBs?

19. eric daniels says:

Miranda,

I “think” so but I stand corrected

20. @Julius…tick…tick…tick…

Well ed, I keep hearing that he is and I picked the chargers to win in my weekly pool!

22. Corin Brown says:

Rivers has always been super aggressive with his throws. But his arm must be hurt or something because he just doesn’t have the same zip on his ball that he used to. So now when he gambles and takes risks, he’s not able to rely on his arm to get his ball into those tight spots. Gates’ spotty availability, losing Sproles, revolving door o-line and Norv hasn’t helped either. Rivers is fun to watch play because he’s fiery and you never know what he’ll do but he’ll never win in the end because he takes too many risks, throws too many picks, publically berates his mates too much (like Marino used to) and now it seems like he’s lost his fastball. He had a nice little run there. Played tough, played hard, cared. I always liked, respected and feared him.

@ CB/Miranda:

I’ve always liked Rivers, too — going back to his NC State days. I agree with all that C.B. says. That last interception was just awful.

The Chargers are just screwed right now. It’s an awful place for a franchise to be. Great, great talent on both sides of the ball and no mental toughness. In my small unread book, Norv Turner and A.J. Smith have to go. Smith can find talent like few other GM’s, but he can still be replaced.

Perhaps Smith’s greatest flaw is in hiring coaches whose teams are notorious for losing big games: Marty and Norv. That teams needs a change in personality. The cupboard is far from bare, but they need to make a move. Gates’ best games are probably in the rear view mirror. Does the window for this team close with Gates?

24. benn says:

First-time poster, just writing to say that I enjoy following the site and I agree with Corin and Temple3 about Rivers. And also that, as a Ravens fan, I was really pleased to see Flacco step up last night.

25. ks says:

Mini-thread jack!

“Ok, attention Tiger Woods…I said attention Tiger freakin’ Woods! If the next time you see Steve Williams and you don’t man up and confront him, you’re a beyotch! I mean what will it take for you to get it!? You made that punk the richest caddie in, probably, golf history and it’s clear he thinks that you are just the nigger who paid his bills. He’s STILL talking shit about you.

I understand that it was a roast so ribald comments are expected but he didn’t say he wanted to stick the trophy up your ass or your Asian, Cablinasain or White ass did he? He said your Black ass, right Tiger?

Damn, you going out like a sucker…..”

Ok, mini-thread jack over….

@CB – Great info on San Diego, I have only seen the Chargers once the year and was wondering what has happened to Rivers. Its as though he and Eli have switched bodies….LOL!!!

@Ks – Yeah I saw that with Williams. Tiger is a straight up busta dude has no heart when it comes to dealing with these clowns. Then for that punk Willaims to pretend that the comment wasn’t racial.

In other news boy oh boy do they have some issues at Penn State. I see ESPN finally decided to acknowledge the situation on their website after ignoring it for 2 days in typical ESPN fashion.

27. Corin Brown says:

Totally agree with Origin on ESPN/PSU. But what can we expect from a news organization that is corporate partners with the subject of their own news “reporting?” Objectivity? Hell no! My buddy is an attorney and he said that the US Justice Dept. could investigate PSU for racketeering and inter-state organized crime blah, blah, blah. He compared the conspiracy and crimes to the catholic church abuse scandal. But he also said that it’ll never happen because there are too many Pennsylvanians tied up in PSU either as alumnus or fans, etc. and that it’s just too sensitive politically. Obama needs PA next fall and the western part of the state won’t be too stoked if his Attorney General was the one who exposed all this dirt to the world. I’m just glad I didn’t go to school there. JoePa’s news conference tomorrow will be juicy, to be sure!

Tiger Woods will never speak his mind publically about anything until he stops taking all this corporate $. But after all, it’s GOLF!!!! The whole game has been hostile to black folks, forever, yes? Look, I’m not a golfer, I don’t follow it much but I’m a sports fan and I’ve followed Tiger’s career. Who hasn’t? Aside from his apparent talent and his historic performances, the guy, to me was primarily a pioneer and trailblazer as a black man in a sport that never had a black player who even came close to his talent or performances. I can’t believe the stuff the guy’s had to put up with during his whole career. Fuzzy Zoeller said it all and he’s just the tip of the iceberg, I suspect. Look, Tiger’s an iconic freak. Most billionaires, athletes, celebrities, savants, geniuses are. But he’s also a sharp guy. Hello, Stanford? There are volumes of insights, observations, conclusions, perspectives that Tiger is sitting on that he just can’t express now because of his business partnerships. I just hope that when he’s older and he gains some independence that he can share some of his experiences as an athlete is his situation in a candid way, unaffected by his business interests.

The less said about the bloodthirsty, bottom-feeding leach Steve Williams, the better.

Watching this game right now…it breaks my heart how Larry Fitzgerald is wasting away in Arizona.

@ CB: Amen, brother.

On the Eagles…
    Since 1999, the Eagles are 92-20 when they run more than 25 times in a game. That’s an 82% clip. No, they didn’t get 25 rushes last night.

Scratch that. Minor D-base error. More to follow.

87-25…not bad. 78%.

So, um, the Cardinals are 2-6 with Kolb and without McNabb.
    The Redskins are 3-5 with Grossman/Beck and w/o McNabb.
    The Eagles are 3-5 with Vick and w/o McNabb.
    The Vikings are 2-6 with McNabb/Ponder…

…and the league leaders in interceptions are Rivers, Brees, Brady and Freeman, but this season is a referendum on the failings of Donovan McNabb?

I don’t think so. Something else is going on and not a single NFL analyst has put his/her finger on it. The Eagles, Redskins, and Cardinals clearly have not improved by either jettisoning or passing on McNabb.

So what gives? I smell a changing of the guard. In 2 years (tops), the top 10 list of QB’s will look like the middle 10 right now.

Like I just posted on my FB page, the Eagles have been totally remade on the field but they still play the same with just enough wins to keep the fans interested and the media talking. I like Big Red, I really do, and I hate to say a coach should be fired but something needs to be done to change the culture of that team.

Last night the Eagles were playing with less intensity than my 18 month old neice when she dances to Yo Gabba Gabba. They were soft as cotton.

35. Corin Brown says:

Shady, Jackson and Maclin are sick athletes. Maclin, the slowest of those guys, would instantly be the best athlete on my Pats. We NEVER guy guys like this. Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick athletes but two of them are softer than tissue paper

I don’t mean to thread-jack but will there be any posts on the Penn State sickening perverted culture of silence that allowed CHILDREN to be raped? I think all that knew need to go to prison..that includes Joe Pa. These are CHILDREN that they allowed to be raped…CHILDREN.

@Harvey – You are right man it may be the end of old Andy. A part of me is sadden by this to tell you the truth. As much as I have gotten on him for his poor play calling an not surrounding Mcnabb with talent until the end of his career, I am however thankful that he gave players like Mcnabb, Vick and Young an opportunity that they may have not gotten somewhere else.

@CB – Brotha to are spitting nothing but the truth about ESPN, Penn State and Tiger. Your friend is exactly right…..let us not forget that the FBI was called in last year for the whole play for pay with Cam and Auburn. But there is no way that the government is getting involved with this. This is too deep and dirty all types of skeletons will be falling out the closet. This is way bigger then Joe Pa or those ADs because there is no reason that Joe Pa or the ADs should have been protecting Sandusky. Unless he had some dirt on them or they were condoning the act and this is part of some type of underground culture with those in power at Penn State.

Take Eddie Long for example…..folks knew Eddie was messing with them kids but because the pull he had in ATL and the fact that he was folks meal ticket they looked the other way.

I see that Joe Pa cancelled his press conference. Sandusky had no pull and he wasn’t anyones meal ticket. So why would folks cover for him, he was expendable.

Miranda – Well said this mess makes me sick. When it comes to college sports all I hear from the talking heads is about the “Kids, what is best for the Kids”.

Yet we have an assistant coach raping kids. A freaking grad assistant who sees the dude raping a kid and does nothing but runs and tells Paterno who does nothing but tell the AD.

Man this is such a freaking joke. You got athletes who sexually assault women on campus and they (rightfully so) kick their butts off the team and charges are brought up against them. But here you have a man who has been raping kids for YEARS on campus with basically the blessing of the university and no ones does shit!!!! A DA who refuses to prosecute this child molester (sounds like Big Ben Case). Like I said in my other post this is big this is real big.

Like you said Miranda all these bastards need to go to jail (including the grad assistant). Along with that I want the mainstream sports media (I know they won’t) to actually do some investigative reporting on this. I want them to dig like they did with the Miami boosters giving money. I want them to dig deep go back to the early 90s when Sandusky first came to Penn State. I want names of folks who knew this stuff was going on and decided to cover this up for years.

Origin, I’d like to know how ANYBODY could actually walk IN on an old man raping a CHILD and then walk away…how?? Then how could people be TOLD this is what I saw with my own two eyes and they just basically shrug it off?? WTF?!?!?!

The grand jury testimony is so sickening and twisted that everybody and I do mean EVERYBODY that had knowledge of this man need to be in prison. 4 years ago, espn turned their entire network into Mike Vick bashing 24/7…….where is the same venom and demonization for these cretins that allowed CHILDREN to be RAPED?

@ Miranda – Exactly on everything you said. I want 24/7 coverage on this and non of that hand handwringing I see that has been going on on ESPN. Giving me that bull that this is so upsetting……..if its so upsetting you need to be calling for Joe Pas head and a jail sentence for him……….Nothing less!!!! But with ESPN that will never happen there is no athlete to blame or make out the villain. This is a coach and his staff along with ADs that networks like ESPN will protect no matter what. Thats why this story was buried for 2 days on their website. The hate just ain’t there when one of their own gets busted. No open letters from writers saying how Joe Pa has messed it up for other coaches and how other coaches need to learn from his mistake. Nope none of that nor is anyone trying to analyze his life and ask what happened to make him defend and look out for one of his “boys”. No stories on how the whole freaking university just displayed “stop snitching” while children were raped.

Nope all the vitriol has been put back on the shelf for later when it comes to Penn State, Joe Pa. and the AD.

And I still believe the reason that coward grad assistant didn’t do anything is because this is the culture at Penn State and had been going on for years. I mean where else do grown folks ignore kids being raped unless this is something that is accepted and tolerated.

To tell you the truth I don’t think the concern was that he was caught messing with the boy I think the only concern from the Grad assistant, Joe and AD was that Sandusky was doing it in the open.
    I think they pulled Sandusky to the side and basically told him you can do what you want just don’t do it out in the open like that.

@ Origin:

Sandusky was not expendable in the sense that you mention. Clearly he had value. College football at places like PSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama and others is all about legacy. It’s about winning, too, but it is all about legacy. And the priority became protecting the legacy.

Sandusky was there forever. How could he have masked that habit from Paterno and all of these people for all these years? It begs the question. When did this start? Has he been doing this for his entire life? Does he have any accomplices? Who else knows and when did they know?

Penn State football is going to die on the vine. Sandusky was part of the pitch for elite prospects to come to the school — he built the reputation of Linebacker U as much as anyone. What motivation does an out-of-state recruit, especially a defensive player, have for coming to Penn State? Who wants to be Joe Pa’s successor NOW? This is going to impact overall applications to the school. It will impact alumni relations. It will impact alumni donations and everything from soup to nuts.

It seems like in 2002, they tried to make the situation “go away” without exiling Sandusky. They were totally wrong from jump and they’ve only begun to face the storm.

One other note: the situational ethics of Paterno’s defenders is appalling and it’s why I’ve always cautioned the Black Responsibility Police to slow their roll because not a single one of them has ever been able to play that role with white protagonists. No one anywhere on planet Earth will be seeking out Juan Williams or Armstrong Williams or others to “make a statement.” If your slave masters don’t want to hear from you when Massa violates, you shouldn’t be so forthcoming when there is trouble down in the quarters.

“No one anywhere on planet Earth will be seeking out Juan Williams or Armstrong Williams or others to “make a statement.” If your slave masters don’t want to hear from you when Massa violates, you shouldn’t be so forthcoming when there is trouble down in the quarters.”
    ______________________________________

that should be patented.

Great points Temple as always.

“If your slave masters don’t want to hear from you when Massa violates, you shouldn’t be so forthcoming when there is trouble down in the quarters.”

And if this isn’t the truth right here.

Now there is word that there may be as many as 17 victims and I have a feeling that the number will continue to grow.

Yep Origin

The grand jury testimony truly tells the tale of despicable behavior on the part of these adults.

T3

That last paragraph is straight truth