Blake Griffin Tells Kendrick Perkins to Get the Boooozack!

I mean dammit man…Like Gigantor. Right?

Like Gus Johnson says…Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 Responses to “Blake Griffin Tells Kendrick Perkins to Get the Boooozack!”

1. Vinny Hardy says:

Perk!! If you hadn’t worked so hard dropping all that weight in the off season, you wouldn’t have had the quickness to rotate over there and be in position to attempt to deal with that. None of this evvvver would’ve happened!

2. LOL Well said sir. Well said…

I’m probably of the ‘minority’ regarding this play, but after seeing it over and over again (real time and slow motion) i’m not that impressed with it. The play was executed very well and Griffin finished it, but IMHO, it wasn’t really a dunk. When i see this play, I see the Dwight Howard “Superman” so-called dunk in the ‘slam dunk’ contest a few years ago. Yes, it was exciting when it happened, but it’s not really a dunk. He just threw it in the rim (literally). I guess the most exciting part was him going up over Perk with the forearm.

Again, very good play, but not really a dunk.

4. See that’s what is impressive to me, that he can get that high and throw it in. Just incredible leaping ability.

I just wanna see the brothas flyyyyyyyy….

@Vinny – So True…….LOL!!!

@GN – I agree with you. The Dunk last year against Mozgov was actually better. Mozgov head was between Blake’s legs.

I actually think this is the best dunk that Blake has done in the league.

Oh and Deandre Jordan has nooooo respect for the rim!!!!!

Its like he is trying to destroy the back board when he dunks.

Yeah, O….that dunk on Mozgov was just ‘sic’! (lol)

8. Ron Glover says:

Does it match, equal or surpass Doc over Michael Cooper?

@RG – Nope its doesn’t. You have to factor in that Doc over Cooper was in a playoff game and we have never seen anything like that before.

Heck I don’t think it even matches Kemp’s great dunk against golden state in the playoffs….which IMO is the baddest dunk I have ever seen (outside of Vince over the 7 foot French kat).

When you talk about playoff dunks with impact, we cannot forget Baron Davis’ dunk over AK-47. That dunk was just bananas.

The Warriors didn’t win the series, but they competed. Where is Kirilenko? Haven’t seen him since that night.

I agree with the history factor on Dr. J’s dunk over Cooper. Cooper and Perkins were in no-man’s land on those dunks. Kirilenko had a fighting chance and got smoked anyway.

Last night reminded me of Rain Man and ‘Nique because Blake took the contact in the body and still powered through. Perkins just never really got off the ground.

GN:

I think Slo Mo kills the dunk. I saw it live — and the interesting thing was how quiet the crowd was during and right after the dunk…people were almost shocked.

The thing about it that works for me is that he was so far away from the rim. He’s outside of the circle when he starts in and Perkins hits him. We’ve seen better, but this was a good one.

It’s all about the skrenf. Rekanyze.

TV live — not in LA live.

13. Ron Glover says:

C-Webb around the back on Charles was nasty too. I think that was a playoff game too

@Temple – True that was a nasty dunk by Biddy. Actaully its the same type of dunk that KJ had on Dream back in 1994.

Agreed. That’s one of my all-time favorites. KJ did his thing!

It’s really hard to top that one. I can’t think of a better defender getting dunked on harder by a shorter guy in a post-season game….except for maybe when Robert Pack was with Denver and just got downright nasty in Shawn Kemp’s MUG!

@ 1:26. Robert Pack’s fan club is for real — both of them.

18. Ron Glover says:

Robert Pack was looking for big trees to cut down…

19. Nah Webb’s was during the regular season. Chuck was sick of hearing about it, so he put up 58 against the Warriors that yeah in the first round. Swept their asses out of there. Pretty sure Webb and I talked about it here.

@Ron G

Doc’s dunk on Cooper is in my top 5 of all-time, so no I don’t think it compares.

@Origin

I don’t think Doc’s dunk on Cooper was during the ’83 championship season. If i’m not mistaken, it came during the 2nd meeting in the regular season against the Lakers.

@T3,

I agree….slo mo definitely killed it for me.

Perhaps the greatest dunk i’ve ever seen during a game:

Scottie over Ewing:

Pippen walked over to Spike Lee and told him “Sit yo’ ass down!” (LOL)

21. TheLastPoet says:

Can’t let that Pippen v. Ewing dunk slide without an answer from the old NYKs faithful.

That’s the one where Starks dunked over the whole team, save BJ Armstrong who’d already been beaten on Starks’ way to the rim!

One of the best moments during one of the best times to be a Knicks fan (yes, even though they lost the series, those were great times for a team that the city adored then).

Hear the way MSG was rockin back then? Gives me chills just thinking about it!

22. LOL That was a real Get the Bozack dunk.

The Starks dunk was more on Horace Grant than the ‘entire Bulls team’, but I digress. :-)

Anyways, i’m sure that we all remember this one…..

Just classic. He broke Starks’ ankles and flushed on Ewing. Hubert Davis’ expression sums up the entire play…….LOL.

24. TheLastPoet says:

GN, just when I was finna agree with you that Blake’s “dunk” was more like a super-high-flying slap at the rim, you go and do me like that lol!

Now I’ma have to go serach youtube for some Bernard King highlights, I’m sure he must’ve given the Bulls 50 at least once!

Shid where’s Modi when I need him? :-D

25. TheLastPoet says:

Oops, the word I was going for is “search”

By the way, Kevin Durant agrees with you, GN, and basically threw some salt on Griffin’s much-beloved dunk. I like the way he’s sticking up for his teammate, though, and for small-market teams in general…

LOL@LP

I’m just having fun with you, bruh. Those Knicks-Bulls battles were classic. Man, I miss those days. :-)

I’m satisfied in seeing Durant stick up for his teammate and calling the ‘so-called’ dunk for what it is…..a very good play, but not really a dunk.

@Origin

CORECTION: That dunk on Gallinari was just ‘sic’!

The play on Mozgov wasn’t a dunk, either. :-)