(Queen Bee Tickets)
The new Pro Bowl format benefits players like Adrian Peterson.
The NFL Pro Bowl is dead as we know it. League officials have taken a fantasy football-like approach. Hall of Famers Jerry Rice and Deion Sanders will serve as honorary captains and select teams with the help of fans on NFL.com.
The first Pro Bowl Draft will be aired on the NFL Network. The 2014 Pro Bowl will be held a week before Super Bowl XLVIII on January 26th in Honolulu, HI.
There have been some rule adjustments as well:
- Each quarter will have a two-minute warning and the ball will change hands after each quarter.
- Kickoffs have been eliminated, a coin toss will decide which team gets the ball first. The ball will be placed on the 25-yard line after scoring plays and at the start of each quarter.
- Rosters will consist of 43 players. An extra defensive back will replace the kick return specialist.
- Cover Two and Press coverage will replace Man to Man coverage.
- Beginning at the two-minute mark of every quarter, if the offense does not gain at least one yard, the clock will stop as if the play were an incomplete pass. This rule will make the team with the ball attempt to gain yardage toward the end of each quarter.
- The game clock will start after an incomplete pass on the signal of the referee, except inside the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half.
- A 35-second/25-second play clock will be adopted instead of the typical 40-second/25-second clock.
- The game clock will not stop on quarterback sacks outside of the final two minutes of the game. Currently, the game clock stops in these situations outside of two minutes of the second and fourth quarters.
I would like to see the game moved from Hawaii to other stadiums around the league.
MLB is considering a lifetime ban on A-Rod (CBS News).
Rockets Terrence Jones kicks a homeless man (Sporting News).
John Wall gets max money (Sporting News).
Check our Oregon’s new digs (The Shadow League).
Strengthen your core (Men’s Health).
LeBron James considering presidency of NBAPA (ESPN).
Trent Richardson gets kudos from Marshall Faulk (AP).
UConn women’s basketball team with President Obama (Baller In Chief).
The latest buzz on NBA free agents (Mike and McGoutry).
Rank Top 5 Sports is out (Paper li).
Happy Birthday to the great Chuck D!!!