(Pro Football Focus)

A divisional rivalry between Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick is just what the NFL needs.

The new bad blood between the San Francisco 49ers and the Seattle Seahawks has led to law enforcement officials in Seattle to pose as Niners fans to quell violence in the stadium.

As for on the field, two of the NFL’s best young quarterbacks in Colin Kaepernick and Russell Wilson will attempt to give their respective team a 2-0 start. It’s a potentially great rivalry brewing in arguably the NFL’s best division. Tonight’s game also features two of the game’s most physical defensive units.

Sunday September 15, 2013 1:00 pm:

St. Louis Rams (1-0) at Atlanta Falcons (0-1) – Take the over on this one. Are the Rams a potent offense or is the Falcons defense just that bad.

Rams 24 – Falcons 23

San Diego Chargers (0-1) at Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) – Probably the most anticipated home opener in Philly since Terrell Owens’ debut in Midnight Green. What has happened to Phillip Rivers?

Eagles 29 – Chargers 17

Dallas Cowboys (1-0) at Kansas City Chiefs (1-0) – Andy Reid is 17-12 against the Cowboys (including the playoffs), I believe that may count for something today. It looks like a go for Dez Bryant (foot).

Chiefs 24 – Cowboys 21

Miami Dolphins (1-0) at Indianapolis Colts (1-0) – The Dolphins rushed for 20 yards last week while the Colts defense chased Terrelle Pryor all over the field. Ryan Tannehill will feel the pressure today.

Colts 28 – Dolphins 20

Tennessee Titans (1-0) at Houston Texans (1-0) – The Titans were impressive last week against the Steelers. Will a spirited comeback on a short week hinder the Texans?

Texans 23 – Titans 17

Washington Redskins (0-1) at Green Bay Packers (0-1) – Robert Griffin grew stronger as the game progressed Monday night and could have pulled it out for Washington if there was more time. Green Bay has to rebound quickly after last week’s tough loss.

Packers 24 – Redskins 21

Cleveland Browns (0-1) at Baltimore Ravens (0-1) – The Super Bowl Champs were disrespected on and off the field last week. Cleveland Browns, welcome to Baltimore.

Ravens 31 – Browns 14

Carolina Panthers (0-1) at Buffalo Bills (0-1) – Both teams had frustrating openers. The Panthers defense continues to improve.

Panthers 23 – Bills 20

Minnesota Vikings (0-1) at Chicago Bears (1-0) – Another great performance by Adrian Peterson will be wasted.

Bears 27 – Vikings 13

Games beginning at 4:05 pm or later:

New Orleans Saints (1-0) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-1) – Hard to believe Bucs coach Greg Schiano threw quarterback Josh Freeman out there in the press last week. Freeman will play well today and get Tampa a needed victory.

Buccaneers 31 – Saints 28

Detroit Lions (1-0) at Arizona Cardinals (0-1) – Two budding teams here. One of today’s more entertaining contests.

Cardinals 27 – Lions 23

Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) at Oakland Raiders (0-1) – Terrelle Pryor makes the Black Hole fans his own today.

Raiders 25 – Jaguars 9

Denver Broncos (1-0) at New York Giants (0-1) – Brandon Jacobs is back with Big Blue — it won’t matter against the already hot Broncos.

Broncos 34 – Giants 21

Sunday Night Football 8:30 pm:

San Francisco 49ers (1-0) at Seattle Seahawks (1-0) – You’ll see more mobility from Colin Kaepernick this week. Frank Gore could be in line for 20-25 carries. Russell Wilson and the Seahawks offense has to get going ASAP.

Niners 22 – Seahawks 17

Monday September 16, 2013 8:40 pm:

Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1) at Cincinnati Bengals (0-1) – Too much panic in the Steel City over last week’s loss. The injury to Maurkice Pouncey will impact the offense immensely. Mike Tomlin has to go back to relying on the defense again.

Bengals 20 – Steelers 16

Thursday night:

Patriots 13 – Jets 10

Last Week: 12-4

2013 Season: 12-4

16 Responses to “Ron Glover’s Week 2 NFL Predictions: No impostors on the field when the Niners and Seahawks meet”

1. DN says:

hmph. Go back to bed cause you are wrong this week!!! COWBOYS GOT THIS. =)

2. mapoui says:

yes..I agree on a Colts win today.

a part of the problem with Miamis’ run game is I believe coach Philbin..like Schiano in Tampa.. has put a tight leash on Tannehill who is a very decent QB.

when a play is called for Miami, it is called and Tannehill cant change at the line even if he sees defence adjustments that would make the called play fail.

the difference is that Philbin does not hate his QB. Schiano does. and that like a sore must be festering in Tampa..which should translate into another loss for Tampa today

Tampa aint winning much until Schiano/Freeman is resolved. I cant see it any other way. Greg Schiano clearly does not like Freeman and does not want him as leader of his team

3. mapoui says:

a problem with Miami’s run game is Tannehill’s inability to change plays at the line in the face of adjustments by the defence he may see would make the called play moot.

that’s is on Philbin who may have his QB under a tight leash.

that’s what Schiano has done in Tampa, leashed up Freeman so he cant audible at the line.

it is clear to me that Schiano hates Freeman and does not want him as leader of his team. he has done al lot to harm Freeman, gives him no support. Freeman is on his own.

I hope he pulls out this one for Tampa but I doubt it. like a festering sore that Freeman/Schiano thing must be in Tampa and it should translate into another loss today.

Tampa wont win much until Freeman/Schiano is resolved.

Stupid thing to do..hire a coach who hates the young QB and wants to get rid of him..in a pretty well stocked team he inherited.

Schiano is not a well man and should be fired right away for an interim..the best man in the line

GB has 24 at the half…rgIII was NOT ready to come back.

5. mapoui says:

the more I see Shanahan the more I wonder why he remains a head coach in the NFL.

the man is nuts.

here yo get a winning QB like no other. you are bound to win as long as he is healthy and you build a team around him. Super Bowl heaven.

the you proceed to get him battered on the field, refuse to take him out when he is clearly too badly injured. now you bring him back and he is not ready.

Donovan McNabb was absolutely right! even if Griffin says to the contrary. Washington under the Shanahans is no place for RG three

6. mapoui says:

RG3 should sit until he is healthy. there is no doubt about that in my mind.

Griffin should not worry about getting his place back. he should be able to win his place when he is fit and healthy with Washington.. or with any other team.

sit down man and save yourself!

Philly’s new defense…same as the old defense!

8. Michelle says:

My Niners played an ugly game in so many ways…. Your Eagles defense is YIKES!!! But.. I’m predicting a Birds win on Thursday night vs Big Red..

9. Steven M says:

What’s the point of going 12-4 picking just the winners of the games? Anyone can do that. If you want to impress, go 12-4 against the point spread.

10. Ron Glover says:

You missed the point. I’m not here to impress.

11. mapoui says:

I went 11-4 against the point spread. New Orleans/Tampa cost me a very, very nice pay day.

it was the Saints by 4. they won by 2.

Dallas lost but covered.

nice work RG. you are always a nice read

12. mapoui says:

sorry guys…I went 11-1 against the spread. I played 12 games and got just 1 wrong.

I am pi##ed at myself. I should have played that Tampa/Saints rivalry both ways. tooth and nail with those teams..always tight.

13. Steven M says:

I guess I did miss the point. Allow me to rephrase: given that you’re not here to impress, what is the point of picking just the winners of NFL games and not the NFL games against the point spread?

14. Ron Glover says:

I don’t care about point spreads. If that’s your thing, fine. I’m not concerned with that. I’m obviously not the guy to read when it comes to stuff like that.

15. DN says: