TerrenceTy

On April 26th, 2015, Ty Sawyer and Patrick Downey fought at a party in Odessa, Delaware. Ty was slammed to the ground, kicked in his head, and died after never regaining consciousness. In the aftermath, Downey hasn’t been charged. Sawyer’s parents, Terrence Garnett and Lisa Sawyer, are demanding justice. Can you imagine the frustration in hearing that no one will be held responsible for your child’s death? Can you also imagine not being notified by the authorities since your son’s death? While Ty’s mom has been contacted, it’s unbelievable that Ty’s dad hasn’t received even a courtesy call from law enforcement, and that disrespect is in partLisa and Ty reason why the diverse Odessa/Middletown community has come together strongly to support Ty’s family. Garnett, appears today on The Starting Five Live to discuss his feelings about all this, because he and Ty’s mom simply want due process. This is about justice and most definitely about accountability. Without justice, there can be no accountability, and bringing attention to this story may result in the justice Ty Sawyer’s family seeks. My conversation with Terrence is below. It is my honor to have done this. Please share this talk across social media wherever there is an opportunity. This needs to go viral. Thanks for tuning in.

A march in Ty’s name is scheduled for Saturday, May 9th at 11amET in Middletown, De (link is a march Facebook page).

18 Responses to “Justice for Ty Sawyer: His Father, Terrence Garnett, Speaks about the Lack of Due Process in His Son’s Death”

1. shanika clark says:

My condolences to the family.May you get justice

2. Nancy Donnelly Reedy says:

Thank you for giving his Dad the opportunity to speak. Ty was like my “adopted” son. He was best friends with my daughters and we love him like our own family. We are fighting with you guys for justice for Ty. We are marching on Saturday, we have our shirts, we are reposting everything that has anything to do with Ty’s death, we donated to the fund and we talked to Chris Barrish a news investigator to get the story out there even more. Ty is missed by many, this was clear on Friday as I witnessed over 500 people come to the viewing to pay respects and grieve together. Keep fighting Terrence and Lisa!! We are all with you!! #longlivety

3. Pamela Seals says:

#longlivety My heart breaks for our family! Justice for Ty!!! Xoxox

4. DN says:

heartbreaking

5. I almost lost it Dez.

6. Joelle Joyce says:

We all need to stick together and fight for Ty and his family as a community not as black or white but as humans. This cannot and will not be swept under the rug!

7. sergio mason says:

Family deserve justice and shouldnt stop till they get it
    Prayer continue to go up and May the Blessings fall down
    Pushing for the break through

8. Ron Glover says:

The devastation of reading so many of these stories never gets old. I’m not ready to listen to the audio of Ty’s father. I can’t imagine. God Bless Ty and this family.

9. Hearing this breaks my heart even more!!!!! Lisa Sawyer and Terrence Garnett are broken!!!!This is absurd.This investigation cant even be trusted….There is so much being swept under the rug.I watched my brother in law ” terrence garnett” and Lisa Sawyer have a funeral for the love of God for their child…My nephew,my childrens first cousin..He has sisters and brothers m cousins n aunties,mom moms,pop pops..The pain is too much to bare…We as a family and a community are begging for justice,for help.For HONESTY..To see these to alone hurt like this,I mean hurt to the 10th power is heartwrenching…Lisa is such a beautiful person ,with such a beautiful heart,n Terrence such a man with a heart of Gold…We are begging the whole world to stand up and help bring justice for TY.

10. And Yes,Thank you for letting his father be heard this is so appreciated Mr.Tillery,God Bless!

11. Erica Pecore says:

He’s right.. We are heartbroken. If the Delaware court systems won’t fix this corruption, we’ll bring enough attention to it that WE WILL. We miss you so much Ty, justice will be served. #LongLiveTy #JusticeForTy

12. tony m fam says:

So sad god bless we pray that justice is given to ur family

13. Howard Govens says:

Justice for Ty, it has to start somewhere. Let it start now.

14. Linda Cobb says:

Peace be with you.

15. You’re welcome Stacey. Whatever I can do to help the fam.

16. Jennifer Canty says:

My heart goes out to the family. As a mother my heart breaks. As a citizen I am outraged. My daughter considered Ty a friend and has nothing but kind and positive words to describe him. We need to come together as a community and stop this madness!!